Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ CRAIG BELLAMY IS SET TO BECOME NEXT ‘

Wed May 22, 2024 8:16 pm

Bayern Munich are on the verge of agreeing a deal for Vincent Kompany and Craig Bellamy to become their next manager and Assistant despite his relegation from the Premier League with Burnley.

‌The Bundesliga club are poised to appoint Kompany, 38 and Craig Bellamy as assistant to succeed Thomas Tuchel in the coming days having discussed a compensation package as the former Belgium international has a contract at Turf Moor until 2028.

It is understood that Kompany will look to take his backroom staff with him to the Allianz Arena, including assistant Craig Bellamy and first-team coaches Piet Cremers, Mike Jackson and Floribert N’Galula.

Bayern are confident of the deal being done and could make the appointment official in the coming days.

Kompany emerged with credit from his rookie season in the Premier League despite finishing the campaign with 24 points and five wins.

Pep Guardiola has consistently hailed him as an eventual Manchester City manager, having lifted four Premier Leagues as captain during his time at the Etihad Stadium. After a first spell coaching at Anderlecht in his homeland, he took Burnley into the Premier League in his first managerial job back in England.

The Bayern job will represent a huge step up for Kompany in his coaching career, even if he has experience of the biggest stage with City and Belgium. His squad will include Harry Kane and Eric Dier – both of whom he faced as a player – and will be looking to improve on last season’s third-placed finish when the club failed to win Bundesliga after 11 successive titles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ CRAIG BELLAMY IS SET TO BECOME NEXT ‘

Wed May 22, 2024 8:35 pm

Wow, that’s a massive opportunity for Bellers.

Wish him good luck. Met him a few times and he is committed to coaching.

For those who haven’t seen, watch his 45 minute interview with Gary Neville on YouTube. Eye opening about his life.

Kompany also seems a decent bloke I must say. Quality player and turning into a quality manager.

Wed May 22, 2024 8:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Wow, that’s a massive opportunity for Bellers.

Wish him good luck. Met him a few times and he is committed to coaching.

For those who haven’t seen, watch his 45 minute interview with Gary Neville on YouTube. Eye opening about his life.

Kompany also seems a decent bloke I must say. Quality player and turning into a quality manager.

Agree, Ned. I would love to see him here at the CCS but we all knoe Craig has his principles...

A fantastic opportunity for all involved... :ayatollah:

Wed May 22, 2024 9:02 pm

Really surprised by that. Burnley spent around £100m I think this summer. Been very poor. Did a good job in the championship but struggled big time in the prem.

Thu May 23, 2024 6:47 am

Why would Bellamy want to remain a managerial #2? Surely a great football legend must have more ambition than that.

Thu May 23, 2024 7:15 am

It’s a huge gamble to take by Bayern. Terrific if it comes off though I had read that Bellamy may not be going?

Thu May 23, 2024 7:31 am

That is mental, they were terrible in the Premier League, Warnock gave it a better go :laughing6:

Kompany won't last long there if he does get it.

Thu May 23, 2024 8:28 am

Good luck to him and he deserves it. He was exceptionally good to a family member of mine in tragic circumstances and that's the mark of a man to me.

I also didn't like the way he was exited by the club either, absolutely disgusting. In effect we had a free football expert of some calibre & profile - we should never have allowed him to have to leave and in the manner that he did.

Thu May 23, 2024 11:03 am

Craig Bellamy is in the running to become the new Burnley manager with Vincent Kompany heading to Bayern

Thu May 23, 2024 11:37 pm

Craig Bellamy will not join Vincent Kompany at Bayern Munich, with the Burnley boss set to be named the Bundesliga giants' new manager.

Kompany is due to move to the Bundesliga giants despite the 38-year-old overseeing Burnley's relegation from the Premier League, winning just five games all season.

The ex-Wales international has served as Kompany's assistant for five years, joining his former Man City team-mate at Anderlecht and following him to Burnley.

Together the pair helped mastermind a hugely impressive Championship campaign in 2022-23 with Burnley returning to the top-flight as champions with 101 points, although their inexperienced young squad came unstuck this term.

Mail Sport can exclusively reveal however that Bellamy will not be joining Bayern, where Kompany is set to take charge.

Burnley's board had placed a sizeable amount of faith in the Belgian and deferred a considerable amount of power to him – particularly in the recruitment department.

He had spent in excess of £90million on new players over the season, though those reinforcements were unable to stem the flow of defeats as Burnley won just five games in the 2023-24 league season.
The club will of course be hoping to return back to the top-flight at the next available opportunity, and Bellamy spoke earlier in the season about how he felt his charges were sure to mature into top quality Premier League stars.

The former Welsh international suffered relegation with Coventry less than a year after they bought him for £6million in 2000, and recovered to win trophies with Celtic and Liverpool.

'It was difficult,' said Bellamy. 'I was a waste of money. And then the next year I was the PFA Young Player of the Year at Newcastle. So it can change.

'We have players with inexperience who are going to improve massively. They will be top Premier League players.'

Sun May 26, 2024 12:18 am

The favourites to replace Vincent Kompany as Burnley manager are former Nottingham Forest manager Steve Cooper and William Still, who recently left Reims.

The other big name expected to be in the running at Burnley is David Moyes, who has just left West Ham after a second spell with the club.

Other names expected to feature once the next Burnley manager odds market opens are former Man United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the recently sacked Hull manager Liam Rosenior (another contender for the Norwich job) .

Sun May 26, 2024 8:45 am

Cooper seems the obvious choice.