Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jason Mohammad

Wed May 22, 2024 8:42 am

Often on Smooth Radio plugging this a special year for the City - our 125th anniversary- and it is. Trying to sell the season tickets for the upcoming campaign. But how can you be excited when we hear nothing from the hierarchy, no communication with the fans whatsoever, no idea about a manager, nor players, and the pathetic ineptitude about doing something memorable to reward Dwyer and Witts for their massive contribution to the club? It really is awful beyond words. I am surprised that Borley a Director and a huge city fan, born and lived next to Ninian Park has so little influence and nothing to say.

Re: Jason Mohammad

Wed May 22, 2024 10:53 am

Yep, the silence is DEAFENING.

But what more do you expect from the sh#t show? It's been happening for years and the circus will continue if the current clowns are still here.

Wed May 22, 2024 11:14 am

Surprise Jason Mohammad is still not wearing the red.

Wed May 22, 2024 11:35 am

Perhaps if we were all still wearing the red mr ran wouldnt be such a tw*t to us. Always been my opinion he lost any love he had for the club when we rebelled but couldnt let us go under as he was already millions in at that time. This is the reason he now hates us.

Wed May 22, 2024 1:02 pm

Brezza wrote:Often on Smooth Radio plugging this a special year for the City - our 125th anniversary- and it is. Trying to sell the season tickets for the upcoming campaign. But how can you be excited when we hear nothing from the hierarchy, no communication with the fans whatsoever, no idea about a manager, nor players, and the pathetic ineptitude about doing something memorable to reward Dwyer and Witts for their massive contribution to the club? It really is awful beyond words. I am surprised that Borley a Director and a huge city fan, born and lived next to Ninian Park has so little influence and nothing to say.

Jason Mohammad is a Bluebird through and through and he supports the club positively in any way he can; even plugging us at every opportunity during his excellent TV presenting. Added to that, he is a genuinely nice and knowledgeable guy when you meet him

Plugging the 125th Anniversary is the right thing to do, as it is a chance to celebrate the longevity of the club we love

However, the club itself needs to do more to build this up and that should start by providing the supporters with a detailed programme of events that will occut, if any

The Whitts memorial situation needs to be resolved quickly, as it has been too long. The Phil Dwyer one is relatively new as a concept, so that might take longer; although I don't see why both situations cannot be resolved together...soon!

As for Steve Borley, I think you misunderstsn the situation and more importantly, the work he continues to do behind the scenes at and for the club

A good example of his work is the House of Sport, where Steve was instrumental in the planning, building and financing of it

Did you know that the (ahem!) club didn't want to pay for it, so Steve and his partners paid and built it for the benefit/use of the club and community?

There are other examples; the majority of which you will not hear Steve Borley shouting about from the rooftops. He simply doesn't work like that; unlike others who have sucked the air and cash out of the club

Wed May 22, 2024 1:06 pm

I agree with you on all these issues Sven. Jason and Borley are real good guys. The latter must be gutted about the way the fans are treated by the other hierarchy.

Wed May 22, 2024 1:13 pm

Brezza wrote:I agree with you on all these issues Sven. Jason and Borley are real good guys. The latter must be gutted about the way the fans are treated by the other hierarchy.

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed May 22, 2024 3:35 pm

Well said Sven - spot on.

Wed May 22, 2024 3:45 pm

mugsy wrote:Well said Sven - spot on.

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed May 22, 2024 7:52 pm

Sven wrote:
Brezza wrote:Often on Smooth Radio plugging this a special year for the City - our 125th anniversary- and it is. Trying to sell the season tickets for the upcoming campaign. But how can you be excited when we hear nothing from the hierarchy, no communication with the fans whatsoever, no idea about a manager, nor players, and the pathetic ineptitude about doing something memorable to reward Dwyer and Witts for their massive contribution to the club? It really is awful beyond words. I am surprised that Borley a Director and a huge city fan, born and lived next to Ninian Park has so little influence and nothing to say.

Jason Mohammad is a Bluebird through and through and he supports the club positively in any way he can; even plugging us at every opportunity during his excellent TV presenting. Added to that, he is a genuinely nice and knowledgeable guy when you meet him

Plugging the 125th Anniversary is the right thing to do, as it is a chance to celebrate the longevity of the club we love

However, the club itself needs to do more to build this up and that should start by providing the supporters with a detailed programme of events that will occut, if any

The Whitts memorial situation needs to be resolved quickly, as it has been too long. The Phil Dwyer one is relatively new as a concept, so that might take longer; although I don't see why both situations cannot be resolved together...soon!

As for Steve Borley, I think you misunderstsn the situation and more importantly, the work he continues to do behind the scenes at and for the club

A good example of his work is the House of Sport, where Steve was instrumental in the planning, building and financing of it

Did you know that the (ahem!) club didn't want to pay for it, so Steve and his partners paid and built it for the benefit/use of the club and community?

There are other examples; the majority of which you will not hear Steve Borley shouting about from the rooftops. He simply doesn't work like that; unlike others who have sucked the air and cash out of the club

Well said Chris.

In my younger days, I had trainee experiences in Sports Journalism.

Was lucky enough to meet Jason at the Crucible for the Snooker and he loves our club as much as anyone.

Wed May 22, 2024 10:23 pm

Would be nice for an update from the club to what is going on and plans for next season :bluebird:

Fri May 24, 2024 7:34 pm

pontlliwblue wrote:Perhaps if we were all still wearing the red mr ran wouldnt be such a tw*t to us. Always been my opinion he lost any love he had for the club when we rebelled but couldnt let us go under as he was already millions in at that time. This is the reason he now hates us.

I’d rather watch us in the national league than in red . Those few years were a permanent stain on the history of the club . Tan is a massive c**t .

As long as a club has a fan base of a decent number , it will never die . Look at pompey . Bury , Macclesfield, different kettle of fish with 2k.

Embarrassing a good number spouted red or dead back in the day .

I agree with you mind , toys out of pram when he didn’t get his own way .

Fri May 24, 2024 7:53 pm

northside of risca wrote:
pontlliwblue wrote:Perhaps if we were all still wearing the red mr ran wouldnt be such a tw*t to us. Always been my opinion he lost any love he had for the club when we rebelled but couldnt let us go under as he was already millions in at that time. This is the reason he now hates us.

I’d rather watch us in the national league than in red . Those few years were a permanent stain on the history of the club . Tan is a massive c**t .

As long as a club has a fan base of a decent number , it will never die . Look at pompey . Bury , Macclesfield, different kettle of fish with 2k.

Embarrassing a good number spouted red or dead back in the day .

I agree with you mind , toys out of pram when he didn’t get his own way .

Amen

Sat May 25, 2024 11:23 am

Well said Sven and spot on. SB has done huge amounts for the club over the years and I would wager that he's as frustrated with VT as much as anybody else behind closed doors.

JM is a true Bluebird, massive fan and also not a bad player. He scored a pearler of a free kick at Super Kev's testimonial and you could also see how much it meant to him scoring at the CCS and especially on that occasion. I quite like him as a presenter too and he's a genuine decent bloke.

Sat May 25, 2024 6:44 pm

It's easy to understand why his career seems to be on an upward trajectory. He's knowledgeable, very personable and obviously his face fits with the BBC hierarchy. Good on him, a top bloke.