Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY RANT......I think I've had enough...

Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 am

To put this into context, I'm nearly 60 years old, started following the City when I was 13-14, got involved with the spicy bits of football "supporting" back in the day, started a family and then calmed down.

My eldest Son was 6 years old when I took him to his 1st game and bought his ST, my youngest was 18 months @ Aberystwyth away in a pre season friendly, and bought his ST.

I think it's fair to say that I have seen the ups, and the many downs that CCFC have to offer. The fact that the vast majority of my support for our beloved club has been in the lower divisions i.e. (now called) L1 & L2, reminds me that we are not in a bad place.......League wise.

But, and this is a massive BUT.....we are in a terrible place as a football club. I am quite happy to be corrected, but from what I can see we have NO vision, NO plan, NO fan engagement and quite frankly NO CLUE to what we are doing!!!!

My understandment of the term "Club" was that, as a collective, we all stick together in a common cause to enhance our common objective. This is clearly not happening now, and I would go as far to say that it has not been happening for quite some time. The last time I felt we "all" were pulling in the same direction was when NW was at the helm......even when we were relegated, we were together.

I have been reluctant to criticise this regime because sometimes, as other posters have alluded to in many previous posts, "it's better the devil you know". That is a point in fact, but, and this a big BUT, how far to you go before you decide that change is a must, and not just a preference.

It is quite obvious to me, and I suspect most of you guys and gals reading this post, Tan is not the answer. Even though he bankrolls us, which is admirable, he has no feeling for us whatsoever. Football, even in today's money grabbing world, is not about the riches it may bring, it is about THE FANS. Without FANS the game is worthless, and thus by definition, without us FANS CCFC is worthless.

On this point I will not be renewing my ST until we have a new Owner/Board in place, with hopefully some vision, but more importantly FAN engagement. I will support my club to the hilt, but at the moment I will now do it on a match by match basis. I wish you all well. :bluebird:

Re: MY RANT......I think I've had enough...

Mon May 20, 2024 6:53 am

That’s a shame mate but I fully understand your decision. Ive made the decision to support the team regardless but it does become harder and harder the longer this clown show rolls on.

Mon May 20, 2024 7:40 am

I did not renew when we last went up to premiership, yes i missed it and yes i am still missing it, but not giving them another penny, but will get one as soon as they are gone.

additional holidays in spain have been great mind :laughing6:

Mon May 20, 2024 8:17 am

Each to their own, but always makes me laugh when people protest against lack of a plan or investment by stopping going, thereby denying the Club of more funds and making the problem worse.We’re a mid table championship club, in a far better position than most.

Mon May 20, 2024 8:21 am

It should never be we have an owner who dictates and does what he likes, firstly the fans own the club because without the fans there is no cardiff city.

Unfortunately I have seen many who dint want to go back to a game or spend a penny on merch etc because they are sick of being treated like a mug by the owner, I don't blame them I've had enough too, this wouldn't of happened years ago as fans would of shown the owner the door.

But we have a new wave of fans now that do as they are told, just look at the state of the stadium atmosphere stand up get kicked out swear get kicked out.

The club under tan is a shambles and has been since the first year he purchased us, a new owner can't come quick enough!

Mon May 20, 2024 9:26 am

Kyle, as long as that jobsworth is in charge of stadium management it will never change.
Jim, sorry to hear that from you but fully understand like many more of us.

Mon May 20, 2024 9:57 am

It just goes to show what has happened to our club, when our long time fans no longer can put up with it anymore.

Tan out, Nash out.

Mon May 20, 2024 10:02 am

JulesK wrote:Kyle, as long as that jobsworth is in charge of stadium management it will never change.
Jim, sorry to hear that from you but fully understand like many more of us.

Your correct jules let's hope with ownership change he gets changed too, we only need a board who listens to the fans and he will be out quicker than he got there

Mon May 20, 2024 10:10 am

TheHangedMan wrote:To put this into context, I'm nearly 60 years old, started following the City when I was 13-14, got involved with the spicy bits of football "supporting" back in the day, started a family and then calmed down.

My eldest Son was 6 years old when I took him to his 1st game and bought his ST, my youngest was 18 months @ Aberystwyth away in a pre season friendly, and bought his ST.

I think it's fair to say that I have seen the ups, and the many downs that CCFC have to offer. The fact that the vast majority of my support for our beloved club has been in the lower divisions i.e. (now called) L1 & L2, reminds me that we are not in a bad place.......League wise.

But, and this is a massive BUT.....we are in a terrible place as a football club. I am quite happy to be corrected, but from what I can see we have NO vision, NO plan, NO fan engagement and quite frankly NO CLUE to what we are doing!!!!

My understandment of the term "Club" was that, as a collective, we all stick together in a common cause to enhance our common objective. This is clearly not happening now, and I would go as far to say that it has not been happening for quite some time. The last time I felt we "all" were pulling in the same direction was when NW was at the helm......even when we were relegated, we were together.

I have been reluctant to criticise this regime because sometimes, as other posters have alluded to in many previous posts, "it's better the devil you know". That is a point in fact, but, and this a big BUT, how far to you go before you decide that change is a must, and not just a preference.

It is quite obvious to me, and I suspect most of you guys and gals reading this post, Tan is not the answer. Even though he bankrolls us, which is admirable, he has no feeling for us whatsoever. Football, even in today's money grabbing world, is not about the riches it may bring, it is about THE FANS. Without FANS the game is worthless, and thus by definition, without us FANS CCFC is worthless.

On this point I will not be renewing my ST until we have a new Owner/Board in place, with hopefully some vision, but more importantly FAN engagement. I will support my club to the hilt, but at the moment I will now do it on a match by match basis. I wish you all well. :bluebird:

You should have had the vaccine, they had some happy pills mixed in :lol: :thumbup:

Cardiff City is for life, not just for Christmas :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 20, 2024 10:24 am

I've switch off to what is going on upstairs because I've had enough of them as well.

The loss against the Jacks and the total silence afterwards from the management showed to me they don't care about the fans. I can't see this changing any time soon to.

Oh the joys of following your club. Being a proper fan I could never dessert them.

Mon May 20, 2024 10:25 am

Can totally see where your coming from

I didn’t renew last year first time since 1998

I still support the club and go to maybe 7-8 games a season and watch others on I follow whenever possible

There used to be 10 of us all season ticket holders now its down to 4

I just need a spark..something to get me back because I’m sure I will be back but at the moment with Tan in charge there’s just no direction, no excitement, no belief..there’s nothing and I hate to say this but I’m a bit bored with the whole situation

Mon May 20, 2024 12:31 pm

We need ambition and plans, Ive just bean reading about Oxford they have a plan if they went up, but also if they didn't. Look at wrexham they have ambition and plans. Some may be fanciful but they are still plans to go forward. However, we don't seam to have any! We should be looking to win the championship, not just get in the play offs. If we come second then or 6th all well and good. But we need ambition.

Mon May 20, 2024 1:38 pm

Fully understand people not renewing. Times are tough and let's be honest the whole experience down the city these days is piss poor. I have renewed only because I take my 12 year old daughter and want to keep the bond going as long as possible. She even said the football is pathetic under Bullet. I've followed city for 40 years so seen it all.

Mon May 20, 2024 3:56 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 20, 2024 3:56 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 20, 2024 4:03 pm

I personally have a lot of Respect for Jim and I am hearing more and more many Fans really have had Enough.

We all decide in different ways on how we feel, I won’t let Tan or his Clowns get me to walk away from OUR CLUB / NEVER, but I understand how many feel.

As to the Hierarchy saying 10,000 Season tickets sold already then Morgan their PR saying now nearly 11,000 Hmmmmmmmmmm

Mon May 20, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply:

Mon May 20, 2024 4:42 pm

I had enough when the prick changed us red, but now I'm not that concerned. I don't need fan engagement, a plan would be nice; but we have improved on last season.... THAT is the most important factor for me.

All opinions and I understand why people are pissed off. Football fans are more entitled than ever, though.

Mon May 20, 2024 5:46 pm

Not going to criticise you. All fans have their right to walk away or stick with it, a lot have never come back since the rebrand.

But personally I couldn’t turn my back on the club.

It would save me a hell of a lot of money if I did - £35 train for every home game and £300+ for the season ticket, that’s before even thinking about away games.

I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

Hated it in COVID when we couldn’t go to games.

Mon May 20, 2024 6:01 pm

Just for the record guys, I will never walk away from MY club, it's all I've known from my early teens.

But what I am not prepared to do now is renew my ST under this false, pretending, bullshitting regime who......quite frankly, are taking us for mugs. I will be at games next season but as in the OP, I will pick and choose.

Each to their own and I respect anyone's decision to do as they feel fit, this is just my choice as I've come to the end of my tether. :bluebird:

Mon May 20, 2024 6:07 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:Just for the record guys, I will never walk away from MY club, it's all I've known from my early teens.

But what I am not prepared to do now is renew my ST under this false, pretending, bullshitting regime who......quite frankly, are taking us for mugs. I will be at games next season but as in the OP, I will pick and choose.

Each to their own and I respect anyone's decision to do as they feel fit, this is just my choice as I've come to the end of my tether. :bluebird:

Totally respect your position.

I have many friends who have not come back since the rebrand, so can understand you not renewing your ST - even though it’s not the position I’m in.

Mon May 20, 2024 7:43 pm

Reply:

Mon May 20, 2024 7:44 pm

Reply:

Mon May 20, 2024 7:51 pm

The rebrand is there as a block but the main block imo is the lack of ambition to really make a fist of it and try and get promoted
there is no indication of this no signings loosing best players no manager in place
no soundings from the board says everything its killing the club fan base
Is it on purpose?
does tan really give a flying f.ck about city fans.

Mon May 20, 2024 8:35 pm

I have floated in and out of attending home games in a similar timeframe, early 80's then drifted away in the dungeon era, back for Eddie May, then bits of Lenny and DJ. Since the move to new stadium pretty much every home game.

I would say I am a typical Cardiff fan, not one of the blind loyalists, If it is too much of a chore i stop attending. Last year was a chore, the season before was a chore, and the post-Covid season was a chore..... If I didn't attend with my daughter and have about 10 all-dayers with my little group I struggle to see the point just in terms of entertainment.

The long-winded opening is just to say we all have our reasons and thresholds but by god as a fanbase, we aren't half taken for granted. South Wales is fickle and the streaming makes being an armchair fan very easy.....

Tue May 21, 2024 3:07 pm

montyblue wrote:The rebrand is there as a block but the main block imo is the lack of ambition to really make a fist of it and try and get promoted
there is no indication of this no signings loosing best players no manager in place
no soundings from the board says everything its killing the club fan base
Is it on purpose?
does tan really give a flying f.ck about city fans.

Is it on purpose? I really think that it is.
Does Tan really give a flying f.ck about city fans? No he absolutely does not hence why it's on purpose.
He'd drop us tomorrow if he could but he can't so we are both stuck with each other.

The biggest thing for me is probably the most basic of things - communication. Just let us know once in a while what's going on behind the scenes. Tell us that contact negotiations are ongoing with Bulut but rest assured plans are already in place for next year regarding pre-season and recruitment etc. Its not hard is it to put regular updates out there on the CCFC website, even if there is not much to tell.

Instead we get this horrible silence and everybody gets pee'd off and jittery...and why...coz it's on purpose.

Tue May 21, 2024 5:24 pm

Tan is the main man, but lets be honest CCFC has never been professional.
I doubt the businessman who is desperate to sell us to limit his losses wants dwindling attendance

I agree the communication team are shocking, our media output is barely L2, the website and the app are appalling.

As to the negotiations that are not for public domain, it's not our business if Bulut gets £800K or a million a year and his length of contract.
A year ago Lamouchi was not retained and in two weeks some unknown Turkish guy was announced who a lot of you believe did well, although the most boring football ever and a 5-2 bollocking from the division worse team (ever?) splits opinions. So its not that bad yet.

If Tan stays for the foreseeable he needs to get rid of Choo for a local

Tue May 21, 2024 5:37 pm

Given our history, i'd take mid table in the championship with a chance of the play offs. Also, Our season tickets are RELATIVELY well priced. Although i think football generally is far too exspensive.
I don't like Bulut and think we should look elsewhere. I would like a new owner but not at any cost. Things could be a lot worse. I like the social aspect and community feeling of attending matches. Wayne Nash should also be sacked as his influence is a negative to the match day experience

Wed May 22, 2024 10:14 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Just for the record guys, I will never walk away from MY club, it's all I've known from my early teens.

Your thoughts on this subject totally mirror mine.
Next season will be my first without a season ticket since I was a young teenager. (now in my 60's)
Like you, I will also attend on a match to match basis, which I will pick and choose and will always remain a follower of the club. But until I see some proper ambition at this club, or hopefully new ownership, I can see my support ebbing away.
Finally, a number of lads I have spoken to over the past few months feel similar, so I'm surprised the club have sold in excess of 10,000 season tickets this year, although I admit, the prices are very reasonable again for Championship level.