Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Paul Trollope ‘

Sat May 18, 2024 9:50 am

Eight years ago today, Vincent Tan employed Paul Trollope as Cardiff City manager.

How do you remember his time in charge?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Paul Trollope ‘

Sat May 18, 2024 9:52 am

We've had that many Managers I'm struggling to remember! Lol

Sat May 18, 2024 10:20 am

Bloody awful

Sat May 18, 2024 10:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:Eight years ago today, Vincent Tan employed Paul Trollope as Cardiff City manager.

What a load of Trollope

Sat May 18, 2024 11:03 am

I recall the first away day of his short incumbency -the 0-0 at Brum where our 'striker' Goujon (?) missed a sitter my gran would've put away!

Sat May 18, 2024 11:11 am

I try not to remember his time if possible.

I recall City fans singing "sacked in the morning" to him as we were getting beaten away at Burton.

Signed Ricky Lambert from Liverpool - another once decent player whose legs had gone and wanted to top up his pension at the Cardiff City Retirement Home For Knackered Forwards whose previous residents included Fowler, Sinclair, Jimmy Floyd [who at least made a contribution) and Kevin Campbell.

Sat May 18, 2024 11:29 am

Forever Blue wrote:Eight years ago today, Vincent Tan employed Paul Trollope as Cardiff City manager.

Tickty tacky football with no forward purpose, big mistake with him not having a preseason with us cuz of the wales job

Sat May 18, 2024 11:29 am

The ball being passed all the way back to the keeper everytime we had the ball, awful to watch. :banghead:

Sat May 18, 2024 11:30 am

For me his tenure showed what a great job his replacement Neil Warnock did.

Since then Trollope has got nowhere near a management spot. It was just another bad call from Tan.

Sat May 18, 2024 12:00 pm

nick_strin wrote:The ball being passed all the way back to the keeper everytime we had the ball, awful to watch. :banghead:

We've been doing that all this season.?

Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:For me his tenure showed what a great job his replacement Neil Warnock did.

Since then Trollope has got nowhere near a management spot. It was just another bad call from Tan.

Hey come on, we were all caught up in that summer of love. Let's drag up the thread from 8 years ago and find out who thought it was a bad idea. He had been a manager at the gas and was part of the EUro 16 wave.

8 years on I don't think our fan base was or is ready for that type of football (me included)

Sat May 18, 2024 2:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:For me his tenure showed what a great job his replacement Neil Warnock did.

Hey come on, we were all caught up in that summer of love. Let's drag up the thread from 8 years ago and find out who thought it was a bad idea. He had been a manager at the gas and was part of the EUro 16 wave.

8 years on I don't think our fan base was or is ready for that type of football (me included)

Yes I don't recall anyone disagreeing with the appointment. It just turned out a disaster from the off.

What type pf football are you talking about, that type of football that needs Bale, Ramsey and Allen as a minimum? As a fan base we are always looking for that but as the moment we need a pair pf binoculars to see it.

Sat May 18, 2024 4:09 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

Yeah no one was against the appointment but I honestly think the fact he didn't have a preseason with us and joined the club in the July really impacted his job with us .

Sat May 18, 2024 5:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Yeah no one was against the appointment but I honestly think the fact he didn't have a preseason with us and joined the club in the July really impacted his job with us .

Lambert was a desperation signing but was that because Trollope had to get someone in?

Adding to that was it 2 wins in 12? First time we found ourselves in the bottom 3 for a long time.

Sat May 18, 2024 6:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:

Lambert was a desperation signing but was that because Trollope had to get someone in?

Adding to that was it 2 wins in 12? First time we found ourselves in the bottom 3 for a long time.

Yes goes back to the lack of preparation

Sat May 18, 2024 6:56 pm

I think the appointment wasn’t a bad shout as Wales were doing well but obviously things didn’t go to plan.Didn’t see many moaning at the time,with hindsight probably picked the wrong backroom man as Ossian Roberts doing ok.

Sat May 18, 2024 7:43 pm

Good record as Assistant Manager at Wales,Brighton,Notts Forest and now at Luton under old Wales teammate Rob Edwards,wouldn’t mine them here instead of Bulut and his team!

Sat May 18, 2024 11:24 pm

mugsy wrote:We've had that many Managers I'm struggling to remember! Lol

;)

Sun May 19, 2024 2:26 pm

Needed more time

Mon May 20, 2024 9:28 am

Needed that preseason, big mistake.

Mon May 20, 2024 10:15 am

The worst of quite a bad bunch after Slade that was a tough time to be a City fan!