' FA are set to investigate Neil Warnock '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby M4 Exile » Fri May 27, 2022 4:23 am

FA are set to investigate claims Neil Warnock demanded £6,000 from ex-QPR forward Rowan Vine to select him for matches... years after former Crystal Palace star Jason Puncheon made similar accusations

Daily Mail

Friday 27th May 2022

The FA are set to investigate claims that Neil Warnock demanded portions of players' wages to pick them while he was QPR manager

Ex-QPR forward Rowan Vine made the accusations on TikTok on Wednesday
Vine alleged that Warnock, 73, wanted £6,000 a month to select him for games
It comes eight years after Jason Puncheon made similar accusations against Warnock, before the ex-Palace star was fined for the unfounded allegations.

“The Football Association are set to investigate claims that Neil Warnock demanded portions of his players' wages to select them for matches.

Former Queens Park Rangers forward Rowan Vine, who played under Warnock at Loftus Road from 2010 to 2012, alleged the recently-retired 73-year-old wanted £6,000 a month from his wages to pick him.

Vine, 39, made the explosive claims on TikTok on Wednesday, saying Warnock wanted to take £6,000 from his monthly wage in order for minutes on the pitch.

In the video, Vine said: 'He was giving me the chance to play, but he was taking away some of my money.

'He wanted six grand cash a month or something like that. Then he started talking numbers.

'I said: "Why are you talking numbers? It's not happening". Then he said: "What do you mean?"'

Vine, who also played for Birmingham City and Portsmouth, also claimed Warnock 'couldn't believe it' when he turned down his offer.

Vine added: 'He was shocked as he couldn't see the bad side of the deal. But it wasn't a deal I could take as a man. I've got principles.

'So I said: "If you want me to play for your team just ask me".'

Sportsmail understands that the FA are aware of the video and are set to investigate it.

Warnock has also been approached for comment.

Vine played for QPR from 2007 to 2012 while Warnock managed the west London club from 2010 to 2012.

Vine's accusations come eight years after former Crystal Palace star Jason Puncheon made similar claims against Warnock on social media before later removing the allegations.

Warnock denied the allegations.

Puncheon was then fined £15,000 and was warned about his future conduct after admitting a FA charge for the comments he made on Twitter.

Warnock said in a statement in 2014: 'These allegations are completely and utterly false.

'The FA Commission considered all of the evidence in detail in 2014 and it found that the allegations which were published about me were unfounded. Any suggestion that the FA failed to investigate this matter is simply untrue.

'In fact, Mr Puncheon apologised to me and removed the allegations from his Twitter account. The FA fined him £15,000 and he was warned as to his future conduct.

'I am disappointed that these allegations have been repeated after Mr Puncheon's apology and after the FA investigated fully.

'If anyone had asked me the truth before publication, I would have pointed them to the FA website, where the facts are all easily accessible.'

Warnock announced his retirement from football management back in April after 42 years in the game.“

Bit of a sad end if anything comes of it
Attachments
1881.jpg
1881.jpg (27.77 KiB) Viewed 7837 times
M4 Exile

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: FA are set to investigate Neil Warnock

Postby eddiep » Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 am

I know we love him but
Hes a dodgy one, played the game well.
Stories pop up throughout his careers. .
Some dubious contracts here too, wasted millions for kick backs.

Him, Allardyce, Redknap etc - right in it...
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Re: ' FA are set to investigate Neil Warnock '

Postby barnet blue » Fri May 27, 2022 9:00 am

Warnock was involved big time with Sala and best mates with the corrupt agents
barnet blue

Postby wez1927 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:14 am

This doesn't surprise me ,old school back handers ,football is full of them ,corruption everywhere .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri May 27, 2022 10:09 am

barnet blue wrote:Warnock was involved big time with Sala and best mates with the corrupt agents

Not saying i agree or disagree but I'd be careful posting 'facts' when a (high profile) court case is still going on.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby NIBluebird » Fri May 27, 2022 11:01 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
barnet blue wrote:Warnock was involved big time with Sala and best mates with the corrupt agents

Not saying i agree or disagree but I'd be careful posting 'facts' when a (high profile) court case is still going on.

Have to agree
NIBluebird

Postby SWilliams » Fri May 27, 2022 11:39 am

Well that explains how Kenneth Zahore and Josh Murphy got any game time then!
SWilliams

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:52 am

Mad kent
ElyBoy1984

Postby Igovernor » Fri May 27, 2022 12:46 pm

This is ridiculous, the guy who originally made the accusation recanted and said there was no truth in it and he said he made the accusation because he was upset about not being picked. It was investigated then by the FA and they found no wrong doing.
Why this has come up again who knows? :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby wez1927 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:51 pm

Igovernor wrote:This is ridiculous, the guy who originally made the accusation recanted and said there was no truth in it and he said he made the accusation because he was upset about not being picked. It was investigated then by the FA and they found no wrong doing.

It's a new player accusing him that's why it's come up .
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Igovernor » Fri May 27, 2022 12:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:This is ridiculous, the guy who originally made the accusation recanted and said there was no truth in it and he said he made the accusation because he was upset about not being picked. It was investigated then by the FA and they found no wrong doing.

It's a new player accusing him that's why it's come up .

Sour grapes, it is going to be his word against the player, no good making an accusation you have to prove it, a recording maybe, highly unlikely. If it did happen then Warnock would certainly not accept a cheque off him :laughing6:
Igovernor

Postby Carpe Diem » Fri May 27, 2022 1:26 pm

No smoke without fire.
Carpe Diem

Postby Bluebina » Fri May 27, 2022 1:34 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:No smoke without fire.

Innocent until proven guilty :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Igovernor » Fri May 27, 2022 1:34 pm

Of course guilty until proven innocent! :roll:
Igovernor

Postby Bluebina » Fri May 27, 2022 1:36 pm

M4 Exile wrote:FA are set to investigate claims Neil Warnock demanded £6,000 from ex-QPR forward Rowan Vine to select him for matches... years after former Crystal Palace star Jason Puncheon made similar accusations

Daily Mail

Friday 27th May 2022

The FA are set to investigate claims that Neil Warnock demanded portions of players' wages to pick them while he was QPR manager

It comes eight years after Jason Puncheon made similar accusations against Warnock, before the ex-Palace star was fined for the unfounded allegations.

“The Football Association are set to investigate claims that Neil Warnock demanded portions of his players' wages to select them for matches.

Former Queens Park Rangers forward Rowan Vine, who played under Warnock at Loftus Road from 2010 to 2012, alleged the recently-retired 73-year-old wanted £6,000 a month from his wages to pick him.

Vine, 39, made the explosive claims on TikTok on Wednesday, saying Warnock wanted to take £6,000 from his monthly wage in order for minutes on the pitch.

In the video, Vine said: 'He was giving me the chance to play, but he was taking away some of my money.

'He wanted six grand cash a month or something like that. Then he started talking numbers.

'I said: "Why are you talking numbers? It's not happening". Then he said: "What do you mean?"'

Vine, who also played for Birmingham City and Portsmouth, also claimed Warnock 'couldn't believe it' when he turned down his offer.

Vine added: 'He was shocked as he couldn't see the bad side of the deal. But it wasn't a deal I could take as a man. I've got principles.

Sportsmail understands that the FA are aware of the video and are set to investigate it.

Vine played for QPR from 2007 to 2012 while Warnock managed the west London club from 2010 to 2012.

Vine's accusations come eight years after former Crystal Palace star Jason Puncheon made similar claims against Warnock on social media before later removing the allegations.

Puncheon was then fined £15,000 and was warned about his future conduct after admitting a FA charge for the comments he made on Twitter.

Warnock said in a statement in 2014: 'These allegations are completely and utterly false.

'The FA Commission considered all of the evidence in detail in 2014 and it found that the allegations which were published about me were unfounded. Any suggestion that the FA failed to investigate this matter is simply untrue.

'In fact, Mr Puncheon apologised to me and removed the allegations from his Twitter account. The FA fined him £15,000 and he was warned as to his future conduct.

'I am disappointed that these allegations have been repeated after Mr Puncheon's apology and after the FA investigated fully.

'If anyone had asked me the truth before publication, I would have pointed them to the FA website, where the facts are all easily accessible.'

Warnock announced his retirement from football management back in April after 42 years in the game.“

If I was Warnock I'd sue for deflamation of character, put the shits right up him!

Wheres your proof, put up or shut up!
Bluebina

Postby AfricanBluebird » Fri May 27, 2022 3:41 pm

We are all complex people and can hold contradictory and conflicting views of people, like I do with Neil.

Loved his passion, humour and honesty.

Hated his politics and his lack of passing style of football.

But in terms of these allegations... That's what they are at this stage, allegations, so I would caution against making any judgements... I guess we all know some of these old managers could be a bit dodgy when it comes to transfers, but in terms of specifics about Neil, let's see.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Floppsy » Fri May 27, 2022 4:12 pm

Whilst at the moment they are just allegations, the FA must think there's enough in them to warrant an investigation.
I'm not Warnocks biggest fan but I hope there's nothing in it.
Floppsy

Postby valleyrambill » Fri May 27, 2022 4:32 pm

Warnock most prob said it will cost you for me to pick you as you are shit and not training enough, besides Puncheon who was fined by the FA and apologised so Warnock is clear end of no discussion there . but I have never heard of this Vine clearly he was shit and knowing Warnock he said you will have to pay me 6 grand a month for me to pick you :lol: :lol:

I do not give a flying Fu-k what is said about this guy but Neil Warnock is the best manager in my view he saved our club from being horrible with supporters having a go at each other low attendance and made our club together as Cardiff City should be.

He also got us promoted and almost kept us there with little money but we got cheated by a ref with the Chelsea game and a disaster with Sala who know what could have been.

Warnock is a Legend
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Grandstand » Fri May 27, 2022 8:34 pm

Never saw Warnock in the same light - when we lost to Fulham away. Only started playing when Fulham scored. We should have got rid when we got promoted- but business and success is not our strong point.
Grandstand

Postby londontaffia » Fri May 27, 2022 9:05 pm

Bluebina wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:FA are set to investigate claims Neil Warnock demanded £6,000 from ex-QPR forward Rowan Vine to select him for matches... years after former Crystal Palace star Jason Puncheon made similar accusations

Daily Mail

Friday 27th May 2022

If I was Warnock I'd sue for deflamation of character, put the shits right up him!

Wheres your proof, put up or shut up!

The guy definitely need extinguishing!
londontaffia

Postby OwainGlyndŵr123 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:02 am

I think he’s a dodgy b*stard old Neil. 3m for Vassell who had a horrid injury record before we signed him…. cmon :lol:
OwainGlyndŵr123

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat May 28, 2022 2:11 pm

Tell that to Dave Jones.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby New Day Rising » Sat May 28, 2022 9:14 pm

Well we were all going crazy when he took us up and pulled the club from the doldrums .

We all knew what he was and is, guess it suited us or was overlooked when we saw him as our saviour?
New Day Rising

Postby nicky evans » Sun May 29, 2022 5:54 pm

I was told that warnock used to do this with youngsters and subs as they get playing bonuses and he used to ask for half to put them on the pitch. This was from a coach at Cardiff.
nicky evans

Return to General Chat