Stoke
Sunderland
Swansea
Watford
WBA
Wigan

One spot left…
Forest or Huddersfield
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

THE GUESTLIST FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON PARTY

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: THE GUESTLIST FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON PARTY

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Mon May 23, 2022 3:23 pm

Tough league again.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 4:42 pm

I will throw an early prediction in as I do have a few quid on now and again: not based on anything other than this season and I just can't see any of our new signings changing anything to be honest. Hopefully I will e proved massively wrong

Top 2:

Sheffield Utd
Watford

Play Offs:

Boro
Sunderland
WBA
Burnley

Relegation battle:

Cardiff
Rotherham
Wigan
Reading
Hull
1980s Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 23, 2022 4:59 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:I will throw an early prediction in as I do have a few quid on now and again: not based on anything other than this season and I just can't see any of our new signings changing anything to be honest. Hopefully I will e proved massively wrong

Top 2:

Sheffield Utd
Watford

Play Offs:

Boro
Sunderland
WBA
Burnley

Relegation battle:

Cardiff
Rotherham
Wigan
Reading
Hull

I think you will be very close to what happens.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:I will throw an early prediction in as I do have a few quid on now and again: not based on anything other than this season and I just can't see any of our new signings changing anything to be honest. Hopefully I will e proved massively wrong

Top 2:

Sheffield Utd
Watford

Play Offs:

Boro
Sunderland
WBA
Burnley

Relegation battle:

Cardiff
Rotherham
Wigan
Reading
Hull

I think you will be very close to what happens.

I think Burnley may struggle. Losing a lot of players on a free (out of contract) and their parachute payments will go directly to paying debt from a relegation clause.

I think we will be further up the table this season, top half of the table and closer to the play offs.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 6:27 pm

Sunderland will be nowhere near the playoffs.
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby HarriRhys22 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:48 pm

In my view we are potentially the biggest club in the Championship as Capital of Wales with a fan base of potentially 1million so hopefully we will put a squad together to be Champions!
HarriRhys22

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 23, 2022 7:33 pm

Top 2:

Sheffield Utd
Watford

Play Offs:

Boro
Sunderland
WBA
Burnley

Relegation battle:

Cardiff
Rotherham
Wigan
Reading
Hull

No chance will Burnley be around the top six, I'll be backing them to go down.

Hard to do predictions now as we don't really know what players each team will have - but Burnley will lose many of their players and not replace them well.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 23, 2022 7:35 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:In my view we are potentially the biggest club in the Championship as Capital of Wales with a fan base of potentially 1million so hopefully we will put a squad together to be Champions!

That's insane.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Winchmore Hill Bluebird » Mon May 23, 2022 8:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:In my view we are potentially the biggest club in the Championship as Capital of Wales with a fan base of potentially 1million so hopefully we will put a squad together to be Champions!

That's insane.

No it isn’t!
Winchmore Hill Bluebird

Postby Bigmarkw » Mon May 23, 2022 10:58 pm

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

That's insane.

No it isn’t!

Oh yes it is.
Bigmarkw

Postby Pencoed » Mon May 23, 2022 11:32 pm

Potentially a lot of things are possible. To be fair only Sunderland have bettered are average attendances for the 2018/19 season (31,229) in the last 20yrs.
Pencoed

Postby HarriRhys22 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:28 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

That's insane.

Not at all!
Our average gates,
Division 4, now Division 2, 5000,
Division 3, now Division 1, 10000,
Championship, 20000,
Bottom of Premier League 30000+
If established in Premier League, 40,000,
If challenging Top 6, 50000+
Sam saw potential (As big as Barcelona) but didn’t have money too back his dreams.
Tan got us to the Premier League twice but didn’t chose the right Board members/Mangers to keep us there!
We have more potential than anyone else in the Championship at present but need the right Management. Let’s hope Morison does a Malky or Warnock to get us back to we should be!
HarriRhys22

Postby lincoln blue » Tue May 24, 2022 8:43 am

At last some positivity.
I've thought every pre season since 1959
that we were going to be top of whatever league we were in the following season.
How people manage day to day with such overwhelming negativity completely passes me by, always half full me?
lincoln blue

Postby MR BIRCHGROVE » Tue May 24, 2022 1:55 pm

I agree that we are a big club as far as the championship is concerned, with a good fan base.

However, these points alone are insufficient to get us the desired promotion, let alone become champions!

Unfortunately, despite having an enthusiastic young manager, he is having to make do with recruiting inexperienced signings from the lower leagues as a result of the lack of ambition and investment from the owner and his board of directors.

Mid-table at best in my opinion. But then, most City fans like to dream. :lol:
MR BIRCHGROVE

Postby piledriver64 » Tue May 24, 2022 3:04 pm

I think we'll have a slow start but there'll be an upturn towards the end of September and we'll end up in the top half but will miss out on the play-offs.

My reasoning is that even with a brilliant transfer window the amount of new players coming in will mean that we'll take a bit of time to settle down and Morison will need some time to work out his best XI.

That said, if a certain Mr Bale signs the momentum of the first part of the season might be something that would get us through that tricky start.
piledriver64

Postby valleyrambill » Tue May 24, 2022 4:21 pm

I think Norwich will up there
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 24, 2022 4:49 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

That's insane.

Not at all!
Our average gates,
Championship, 20000,
Sam saw potential (As big as Barcelona) but didn’t have money too back his dreams.
Tan got us to the Premier League twice but didn’t chose the right Board members/Mangers to keep us there!
We have more potential than anyone else in the Championship at present but need the right Management. Let’s hope Morison does a Malky or Warnock to get us back to we should be!

That's if you judge the size of the club on crowd sizes. By that, there would be an argument that Newcastle and Sunderland are bigger clubs than Manchester City and Chelsea.

You could equally judge it on long term success. The bottom line is we've had two seasons in the top flight in 50+ years and won one FA Cup.

We are nowhere near the size of Sunderland, West Brom, Birmingham, Sheffield United etc.

We'd be in the top half in terms of size of club but not at the very top, going by this way of looking at it.

By the way, there were nowhere near 20,000 at a lot of games last season. Don't know what the crowd figures say, but the crowd figures are never the true figure as there are often a lot of season ticket holders who aren't there but are counted in the figure.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Jock » Wed May 25, 2022 9:19 am

A catchment of one million does not equate to a fan base of 1m. Doesn’t mean we can’t punch above our weight though.
Jock

Postby Jock » Wed May 25, 2022 9:23 am

piledriver64 wrote:I think we'll have a slow start but there'll be an upturn towards the end of September and we'll end up in the top half but will miss out on the play-offs.

My reasoning is that even with a brilliant transfer window the amount of new players coming in will mean that we'll take a bit of time to settle down and Morison will need some time to work out his best XI.

That said, if a certain Mr Bale signs the momentum of the first part of the season might be something that would get us through that tricky start.

Bale would give the club and South Wales a massive lift and could prove the difference between promotion and mediocrity.
Jock

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 25, 2022 12:24 pm

The Gaffer has to concentrate on putting a competitive squad together regardless of whether Bale comes or not and I'm optimistic he will. He won't come if we are crap.
Sneggyblubird

Postby HarriRhys22 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

That's insane.

Not at all!
Our average gates,
Championship, 20000,

That's if you judge the size of the club on crowd sizes. By that, there would be an argument that Newcastle and Sunderland are bigger clubs than Manchester City and Chelsea.

You could equally judge it on long term success. The bottom line is we've had two seasons in the top flight in 50+ years and won one FA Cup.

We are nowhere near the size of Sunderland, West Brom, Birmingham, Sheffield United etc.

We'd be in the top half in terms of size of club but not at the very top, going by this way of looking at it.

By the way, there were nowhere near 20,000 at a lot of games last season. Don't know what the crowd figures say, but the crowd figures are never the true figure as there are often a lot of season ticket holders who aren't there but are counted in the figure.

I’m not talking about our past where we have underperformed for years! I’m talking about our potential! When we were in the Premier League despite being at the bottom we had the 11th best average attendance and if we became established we’d get a lot more. All clubs count their season ticket holders at every game because those seats have been sold no matter if they don’t attend!
HarriRhys22

Return to General Chat