“ MIDDLESBROUGH THIS SATURDAY “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:05 pm

This Saturday Middlesbrough :

Middlesbrough are a very average side - who are heavily depleted with 7 injuries on last count .

The eleven players on the pitch and the seven on the bench are virtually their full contingent for Warnock to pick from.

Ironically Warnock was (pre yesterday’s win) the 2nd favorite to get the chop - behind our McCarthy …… oh how we could do with Warnock today …… he has his problems but is a damn site better than what we have now …..

On paper - one would expect us to win - even after 7 straight defeats and 9 defeats in our last 10 games … the bookies still show us as favorites to win.

However , I have no more confidence anymore to say that we will win this one - because I think mentally we have gone as a team and because we have been so battered and broken down - that losing has become a habit .

Damn it ! ….. we are going to win sometime …… nobody loses all the time ……. Saturday will be our day …

“WE WILL BEAT MIDDLESBROUGH , BAMBA and PELTIER”! ….hmmm
Attachments
4BA4E460-E624-49E4-A5BD-2A3D85ADA0B4.jpeg
4BA4E460-E624-49E4-A5BD-2A3D85ADA0B4.jpeg (59.79 KiB) Viewed 5629 times
C8F6BDE5-8B56-4153-B8B6-E4D8B5FB74DE.jpeg
C8F6BDE5-8B56-4153-B8B6-E4D8B5FB74DE.jpeg (63.5 KiB) Viewed 5634 times
4D32EAC7-F7A0-4504-9EDF-9C4082FB1B9F.jpeg
4D32EAC7-F7A0-4504-9EDF-9C4082FB1B9F.jpeg (825.28 KiB) Viewed 5643 times
D49256E8-43E8-4201-B1A9-7112720357B2.jpeg
D49256E8-43E8-4201-B1A9-7112720357B2.jpeg (11.86 KiB) Viewed 5652 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ MIDDLESBROUGH THIS SATURDAY “

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm

I really hope you're right.

Despite the fact I desperately want McCarthy gone I can never bring myself to want City to do anything but win. Even last night I said to the missus "I can't bear to even listen to it tonight" ! After 20 mins the headphones were back on and I was kicking every ball as usual !!

However, I agree. I think confidence is at an all-time low and if we lose a goal then I don't think McCarthy is in a place where he can motivate them as they probably already know he's not going to be hanging around too much longer.

Even if we haven't got a replacement ready just give an interim manager the next couple of games just to change the mentality and give a bit of a fresh start.
piledriver64

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Reply Twitter:
Attachments
B41B6090-AAEB-42AD-B0B8-E34C74FE5B2C.jpeg
B41B6090-AAEB-42AD-B0B8-E34C74FE5B2C.jpeg (194.45 KiB) Viewed 5593 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:50 pm

Much better yesterday, we need a bit of luck and maybe a fluky goal and the confidence will slowly return, we are better than those results show, McCarthy has been picking the wrong team for most of those games!
Bluebina

Postby brettski » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Warnock will not take pitty on us. He will go all out for the win. Never like to see CCFC lose and this game is no different however things have to change IMO! :bluebird: :bluebird:
brettski

Postby wez1927 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:This Saturday Middlesbrough :

Middlesbrough are a very average side - who are heavily depleted with 7 injuries on last count .

The eleven players on the pitch and the seven on the bench are virtually their full contingent for Warnock to pick from.

Ironically Warnock was (pre yesterday’s win) the 2nd favorite to get the chop - behind our McCarthy …… oh how we could do with Warnock today …… he has his problems but is a damn site better than what we have now …..

On paper - one would expect us to win - even after 7 straight defeats and 9 defeats in our last 10 games … the bookies still show us as favorites to win.

However , I have no more confidence anymore to say that we will win this one - because I think mentally we have gone as a team and because we have been so battered and broken down - that losing has become a habit .

Damn it ! ….. we are going to win sometime …… nobody loses all the time ……. Saturday will be our day …

If he starts the sane team as last night we will win ,if we go back to 5 centre backs we will lose
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby maccydee » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:19 pm

I’d take Warnock back tomorrow.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:

If he starts the sane team as last night we will win ,if we go back to 5 centre backs we will lose

You still think this squad is good enough to avoid the drop?
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:35 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I do.
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:47 pm

Annis I'm for ever saying city like to help teams break bad runs so now is the time for boro to be team to help city break their bad run.... after all got to win sometime :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:57 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Annis I'm for ever saying city like to help teams break bad runs so now is the time for boro to be team to help city break their bad run.... after all got to win sometime :thumbup:

Allan, with you on that :thumbup: :thumbup:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Escott1927 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I think it is. We just have an inept manager at the moment.
Escott1927

Postby MoodyBluebird » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:18 pm

I think any manager would struggle to instil confidence into the players at the moment so genuine optimism for a positive outcome to the Boro game is in my opinion sadly misplaced.

Let's not forget that the position we now find ourselves in is 90% of the manager's own making with his farcical tactics and mindboggling deployment of 5 centre halves. Football-wise I think the man is deranged.

We need a huge slice of luck, fluke or call it what you will to give us a semblance of a chance to rise up the league table again. I still think there is enough about the team that if handled properly is quite capable of a mid table finish but it will surely take a change of manager to get us there.
MoodyBluebird

Return to General Chat