Latest Who For New Manager Thread

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Ibby » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:30 pm

If Mick was sacked who would the club go for ?

Mark Hughes ?
Ibby

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: New Manager

Postby Caerdydd12 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Give gus poyet a bell
Caerdydd12

Postby Ballistic Blue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:38 pm

It doesn't matter who's in charge, the problem starts at the top and continues though to recruitment..

There doesn't seem to be any plan, until that changes we will just go through managers every 6 months.
Ballistic Blue

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:40 pm

Ballistic Blue wrote:It doesn't matter who's in charge, the problem starts at the top and continues though to recruitment..

There doesn't seem to be any plan, until that changes we will just go through managers every 6 months.

I agree
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Cardiffboy95 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Personally, I’d go all out for Lamps.
We need someone who can change the style of play, who can lead the team, and who can get us promoted, and keep us up.

However, I also know this is Cardiff City under VT.
Wait, what’s that? Oh. I just seen a piggy flying past my window!
Cardiffboy95

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:00 pm

no one good will ever come
because they will want money in which our club dont have
so I guess we will have to suffer until we get money
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:01 pm

We're in an awful position now. This is the worst squad I can remember in decades.

I'd love to completely reset, bring someone progressive in and start again. However, we're in a relegation battle, and don't have the player for who can do that right now. So we're probably going to get another dinosaur, and still go down.
JasonFowler1991

Postby danielrees17 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:03 pm

No tidy manager will come, we got a very shit squad with no money to get anything in, I'd take a young coach who wants to play football and give the club a reboot, it will be in league 1 as we won't survive this season but hopefully we will be able to come back up
danielrees17

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:26 pm

Mark Hudson. Get him in. Young manager wants to prove himself. Loves the club, the city of Cardiff and would take the job.
jimmy_rat

Postby Blueman39 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:24 pm

Mark Hughes with Mark Hudson ....great combo
Blueman39

Postby Kenbird1927 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Nathan Jones
Steve Bruce
Chris wilder
Gareth ainsworth
No one else from them
Kenbird1927

Postby 7777 glt » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:27 pm

Ibby wrote:If Mick was sacked who would the club go for ?

Mark Hughes ?

GRAEME JONES , Newcastle number 2
7777 glt

Postby montyblue » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:56 pm

No one is goung to change this around with what we got
all our wingers have gone the slowest paced team in the division and nothing on the bench to turn thungs around i am resigned to watching us playing ipswich a other team mick f.ck.d up
montyblue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:14 pm

7777 glt wrote:
Ibby wrote:If Mick was sacked who would the club go for ?

Mark Hughes ?

GRAEME JONES , Newcastle number 2

Good shout.
bluebirdoct1962

Re: Latest Who For New Manager Thread

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Lampard - nope he wouldnt travel this far for work.
Osian Roberts
Eddie How
Pulis
Giggs - court case pending
Bellers

Anyone else that's in our ball park
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Fairblue27 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:38 pm

Giggs (depending on his case being positively settled) or Nathan Jones
Fairblue27

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Ainsworth because of his passion and clear understanding the game,not another journeyman to save the season as we have been there and done that.
The problem however isn't the manager it's the board and lack of football knowledge and how to run a club.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Ibby » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:00 pm

Tony Pulis would take the job only saying.
Ibby

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Ibby wrote:Tony Pulis would take the job only saying.

Given the squad we have Pulis wouldnt have to change many of the players, whereas Eddie Howe would need a whole new team
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:16 pm

No dinosaur managers thanks. A new young manager with fresh ideas who plays attacking football. Nothing to lose atm. :bluescarf:
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby Scoularite » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 pm

by FOOTSOLDIER » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:16 pm

No dinosaur managers thanks. A new young manager with fresh ideas who plays attacking football. Nothing to lose atm. :bluescarf:

I agree about the dinosaur brigade. The ones we've had have cost the club a fortune. We need someone with good connections to bring in some decent players on loan and will get them playing football as opposed to hoof-ball. That will then help our youngsters to actually develop.
Scoularite

Postby Ibby » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:06 pm

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ;)
Ibby

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:32 pm

Cardiff City manager Mick McCarthy expects to be in charge at Fulham on Wednesday despite a 3-0 south Wales derby mauling at Swansea City.

The Bluebirds suffered a sixth straight Championship defeat as Jamie Paterson inspired a dominant Swansea victory.

The humbling nature of the defeat will only add to speculation about McCarthy's Cardiff future.

"Until anybody tells me different, I will be in tomorrow morning preparing for the [Fulham] game," he said.

"I have never had too many problems with players not playing for me. If they are not then I would be disappointed, but I can't see that.

"When does the pressure get too much for me? I keep doing the job and trying to get results. I will continue that until anybody tells me different."
TopCat CCFC

Postby nubbsy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:08 am

jimmy_rat wrote:Mark Hudson. Get him in. Young manager wants to prove himself. Loves the club, the city of Cardiff and would take the job.

Mate ole and this board shat all over him, guy was a hero and gave everything to the club whilst he was here.

As said above the problem starts with our clueless and inept ownership. They have forced MM to strip back our squad to league 1 standard and tried to bring through youngsters by just throwing them all in at once. It's literally laughable and they need to be held accountable.
nubbsy

Postby Bluebina » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:25 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:
Ibby wrote:Tony Pulis would take the job only saying.

Given the squad we have Pulis wouldnt have to change many of the players, whereas Eddie Howe would need a whole new team

He could reorganise them, as could Wilder, interesting appointment this one, get wrong again and we are in deep trouble!
Bluebina

Postby powysblue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:59 am

I never really thought about Mark Hudson as our new manager but undoubtedly he was a giant for us in more ways than one.

Never met him but seemed like a natural leader on the pitch.

Gave his all for the shirt and instilled confidence.

Looking at his managerial career looks a bit dodgy at first glance but when you consider that he took over as caretaker manager at Huddersfield for 1 game when they were already in trouble against Manchester City loosing 3-0, then taking over as caretaker manager again after a new manager was sacked, Only for 1 game a 2-1 defeat against us ?

Yes really unproven as a young manager but if we want to take a chance on him, I'm sure he would give his all again for us, also would come on moderate wage. :idea:

We certainly need a younger fresher approach to get us out of this depressing way of playing. If this style of hoofball continues we will be around the bottom 6 teams.

As most of us think we do have the quality of players to be a decent championship side but just need to play in best positions and tactical set up - confidence of course plays a large part.

:bluescarf: :bluebird:
powysblue

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:13 am

nubbsy wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Mark Hudson. Get him in. Young manager wants to prove himself. Loves the club, the city of Cardiff and would take the job.

Mate ole and this board shat all over him, guy was a hero and gave everything to the club whilst he was here.

As said above the problem starts with our clueless and inept ownership. They have forced MM to strip back our squad to league 1 standard and tried to bring through youngsters by just throwing them all in at once. It's literally laughable and they need to be held accountable.

Listening to Hudson himself he lays the blame solely at OGS door. He was the last manager we had who had complete control of transfers and because of the mess he maid of us both playing wise and money wise the transfer committee was born !

Quite telling that whilst Hudson was coaching Huddersfied in the Prem and played Man Utd at Old Trafford, OGS sought him out and made a personal apology to him for his decision to get rid of him. Hardly the actions of someone who had his hand forced by above !!
piledriver64

Return to General Chat