Chances of relegation :

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chances of relegation :

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Chances of relegation : Some fans believe that there is a chance that we may be relegated .

I am not arguing for or against in this thread.

I am only presenting two facts that must be taken into consideration :

(1) Detby have been docked 12 points already because they went into administration . They are also due to be docked a further 12 points (with probably 3 suspended ie 9 points effective) for breaches in the EFL rules that we’ve known about previously. Derby are or will be appealing both ….but I suspect that they will not succeed. If (and only if) my thesis comes out right then Derby are practically relegated.

(2) Reading - I believe - will be docked 9 points with possibly 3 suspended . If this indeed is the case then we are still behind them - but they are at least back in the mix.

Conclusion : our chances of relegation are greatly reduced .
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Chances of relegation :

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Chances of relegation :

Postby darran1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:23 pm

I think the longer mick is here then chances of relegation increase game by game, I think we’ve got a squad that could easily finish mid table just needs a manager to play the right formation and use players in correct positions (not 5cb)
darran1927

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:23 pm

Reading will soon be above us. i would even say Derby could catch us up.

One of those relegation spots have our name on it unless there is a massive change in our fortunes. I cannot see that happening with this board.
Bakedalasker

Postby darran1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Reading will soon be above us. i would even say Derby could catch us up.

One of those relegation spots have our name on it unless there is a massive change in our fortunes. I cannot see that happening with this board.

Agree we are in free fall, if the club aren’t willing to sack MM then he’s got to stop with this 5cb lark. Pre Swansea when he said on sky that we lost to wba because of early goal not because of 5cb was baffling
darran1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:36 pm

He wont stop with the 5 CB as he believes it works, he even says it himself. If we keep losing regardless of points deductions for others we will go down if they keep picking up points.
1980s Bluebird

Postby castleblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:36 pm

I always believe your position after 12 games will be a good indication of your final league position and in my opinion we are at best a bottom 6 club. If nothing changes and by that I mean MM is sent packing I believe we WILL finish in the bottom 3. Although Reading are facing a possible 9 point deduction they are 8 points ahead of us so it will have little affect on the final league position.

For me the biggest threat to our club is that the situation will likely become toxic if MM stays because unlike managers such as Eddie May, Malkay Mackay and Neil Warnock he has failed to make ANY connection with the fans. This season MM, in my opinion, has come across as stubborn, aloof and arrogant. No doubt he did well last season but there were no fans around and I feel at times this season it feels like we don't exist. Anyone seen him acknowledge fans like EM, MM or NW would.

It's time for change or relegation will be a certainty in my opinion.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:39 pm

Sack MM. We be safe. Who'd have thunk we rely on other teams being docked points as a means of avoiding relegation.
Big Hill Blue

Postby caerblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:45 pm

On our current form,relegation is a certainty,things need to be turned around and fast,either the club sack mick or mick changes his mentality
caerblue

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 pm

He has proven he cannot/will not change.

Going with cannot as he has shown complete lack of any plan A, let alone plan B.

Robbing a living.
Big Hill Blue

Postby danielrees17 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Chance of relegation? I'd say we are nailed on for it, we have a poor squad with an even poorer manager who sets us up to fail, ship goals in for fun whilst scoring none.
No side is in free fall like we are and no change of manager in sight it will only get worse
danielrees17

Postby BC-CB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:38 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Chance of relegation? I'd say we are nailed on for it, we have a poor squad with an even poorer manager who sets us up to fail, ship goals in for fun whilst scoring none.
No side is in free fall like we are and no change of manager in sight it will only get worse

Add to that the financial state we are allegedly in and possible administration for us is not out of the question.
BC-CB

Postby maccydee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:41 pm

BC-CB wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:Chance of relegation? I'd say we are nailed on for it, we have a poor squad with an even poorer manager who sets us up to fail, ship goals in for fun whilst scoring none.

Add to that the financial state we are allegedly in and possible administration for us is not out of the question.

Based on what?

Absolutely no basis to that.
maccydee

Postby darran1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:42 pm

BC-CB wrote:

Would administration be on the cards with tan at the club, he has the funds
darran1927

Postby maccydee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:23 pm

darran1927 wrote:
BC-CB wrote:

Would administration be on the cards with tan at the club, he has the funds

It’s something plucked out of thin air.
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:29 pm

maccydee wrote:
BC-CB wrote:

Based on what?

Absolutely no basis to that.

Its because other clubs are edging towards it and it will be good thing for some on here undoubtedly :o
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:59 pm

castleblue wrote:I always believe your position after 12 games will be a good indication of your final league position and in my opinion we are at best a bottom 6 club. If nothing changes and by that I mean MM is sent packing I believe we WILL finish in the bottom 3. Although Reading are facing a possible 9 point deduction they are 8 points ahead of us so it will have little affect on the final league position.

For me the biggest threat to our club is that the situation will likely become toxic if MM stays because unlike managers such as Eddie May, Malkay Mackay and Neil Warnock he has failed to make ANY connection with the fans. This season MM, in my opinion, has come across as stubborn, aloof and arrogant. No doubt he did well last season but there were no fans around and I feel at times this season it feels like we don't exist. Anyone seen him acknowledge fans like EM, MM or NW would.

Gary I said in July and August we will struggle badly this season, I got shot down.

Our saviours could be Derby and Reading ( they are set to lose 9pts) abd then we have the very small clubs like Posh and Barnsley, we will stay in the bottom six.

I always every season judge properly after 12 games.

Then things usually only change if new manager or investment.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:I always believe your position after 12 games will be a good indication of your final league position and in my opinion we are at best a bottom 6 club. If nothing changes and by that I mean MM is sent packing I believe we WILL finish in the bottom 3. Although Reading are facing a possible 9 point deduction they are 8 points ahead of us so it will have little affect on the final league position.

Gary I said in July and August we will struggle badly this season, I got shot down.

Our saviours could be Derby and Reading ( they are set to lose 9pts) abd then we have the very small clubs like Posh and Barnsley, we will stay in the bottom six.

You did Annis and to be fair also said not to judge after the first 7 games when we started pretty well but to wait until we played better teams.

Sadly you were right.
maccydee

Postby nubbsy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:13 am

Why do we always do this? We know MM is going to get sacked. But we wait and wait every time when nothing changes.
nubbsy

Postby Woodville Willie » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:

To be fair Annis, you are spot on about Derby and Reading.

The other thing which I think is a huge factor - we aren’t that far into the season. If this was February, I’d be kicking and screaming to get rid of MM and find a caretaker. Things aren’t that dire yet surely.

The worst thing is just the resignation that promotion will be unlikely. Another year gone. This is a ruthless league!!

True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:36 am

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You did Annis and to be fair also said not to judge after the first 7 games when we started pretty well but to wait until we played better teams.

Sadly you were right.

Thanks Neil, I actually wish I had not been.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby JJ1927 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:20 am

BC-CB wrote:

We wont go into administration because the person the club owes the vast amount of its debt to is Tan himself. And if he puts us into administration he loses most of his money.
JJ1927

Postby AfricanBluebird » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:27 am

It is outrageous we are having to even consider teams having points docked to help our survival. But that is how bad things have become.

I hate to say 'I told you so' - but when we got rid of/released - NML, Wilson, Ojo, Murphy, Whyte, Junior, Williams, Tomlin, Watkins (NINE attacking/flair players) and replacing them all with a converted left back on loan from Wolves, I knew we were in trouble.... I am not saying those players deserved to stay, would have stayed or even if we could afforded to retain them... BUT not bringing in ANY replacements is actually negligence and is one of the main reasons were play shocking football and have literally stripped out any remaining flair and chances of scoring.

I am still dumbfounded by it. And it isn't just down to MM but SOMEONE at the club should have been saying.. "HANG ON - this is nuts... you can't have a team full of defenders!"

So yeah, we are in a completely avoidable relegation scrap - and I just can't see, without management, tactical changes AND some free transfer brought in, that we can get out of it.
AfricanBluebird

Postby fred keenor » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:00 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:It is outrageous we are having to even consider teams having points docked to help our survival. But that is how bad things have become.

I hate to say 'I told you so' - but when we got rid of/released - NML, Wilson, Ojo, Murphy, Whyte, Junior, Williams, Tomlin, Watkins (NINE attacking/flair players) and replacing them all with a converted left back on loan from Wolves, I knew we were in trouble.... I am not saying those players deserved to stay, would have stayed or even if we could afforded to retain them... BUT not bringing in ANY replacements is actually negligence and is one of the main reasons were play shocking football and have literally stripped out any remaining flair and chances of scoring.

I am still dumbfounded by it. And it isn't just down to MM but SOMEONE at the club should have been saying.. "HANG ON - this is nuts... you can't have a team full of defenders!"

So yeah, we are in a completely avoidable relegation scrap - and I just can't see, without management, tactical changes AND some free transfer brought in, that we can get out of it.

:thumbup:
fred keenor

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly you were right.

:lol:

That must be hurting Neil to admit you are right Annis, The next stage is for him to admit I'm right but that must be a bridge too far for him.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:19 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly you were right.

:lol:

That must be hurting Neil to admit you are right Annis, The next stage is for him to admit I'm right but that must be a bridge too far for him.

Say it as I see it Ian without agenda unlike some. It hurts but only because of the position my club is in.

If you are ever right I will say so.

I agreed with you about Coventry.
maccydee

Postby Crayfish » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:21 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:He has proven he cannot/will not change.

Going with cannot as he has shown complete lack of any plan A, let alone plan B.

Robbing a living.

This is the problem with Mick McCarthy as constantly mentioned by Ipswich fans. He is incredibly stubborn and this is disasterous when combined with the mentality that he is right and everyone else is wrong. He is just going to pick the wrong side in the wrong formation all the time. No doubt against Fulham one of the favourites for promotion will will need at least five centre backs six would be better.

Expect excuses and bull after every game as he hangs on stubbornly until he is sacked. Got to feel sorry for our strike force left on their own up front in this ultra defensive line up.I don't like us losing but if a six nil hammering by Fulham is what it takes to get rid of this clown I would take it.
Crayfish

Postby Danny Says » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:02 pm

If McCarthy stays we will only survive if he stops being so stubborn by persisting with his preference for a back 5 with no proper wing backs, stops picking Bacuna in his wrong position and not having midfielders advancing to support Moore.
I just don’t understand him going back to the terrible format which has let in goals all over the place when going 4-4-2 as like v Reading would surely have had a better chance against a distinctly average swansea team.
He gave swansea a free hit. That is unforgivable. He doesn’t deserve another chance. Does he care? I doubt it.
Danny Says

Postby Sam ReaN » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:19 pm

With no money we will go down
inexperience or league 1 manager will come due to no money
and we will then get relegated
derby 5 points from us in the table if they win tonight
reading will gain enough points by the time they get a points deduction
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby maccydee » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:With no money we will go down
inexperience or league 1 manager will come due to no money
and we will then get relegated
derby 5 points from us in the table if they win tonight
reading will gain enough points by the time they get a points deduction

Wales online standard analysis as usual Sam.
maccydee

Postby andy 189 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:45 pm

Too early for this debate surely? Your becoming as fickle as the leeds fans on waccoe!lol.
andy 189

Return to General Chat