Time for the Board to be honest with fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bonner » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:34 am

Media need to contact Tan for an interview, South Wales Media,Radio Wales should be all over this.

We are in a dire situation, club and fans need to pull together, what we don’t need is relegation..
the time is now, for honesty, for changes.

Steve Borley, who is one of us, why isn’t he speaking out.
Now is kit the time for silence.
Bonner

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Time for the Board to be honest with fans

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:39 am

Bonner wrote:Media need to contact Tan for an interview, South Wales Media,Radio Wales should be all over this.

We are in a dire situation, club and fans need to pull together, what we don’t need is relegation..

I recall Borley supporting the red. For me he has sold out to the Corporate.

As for the Media connecting with Tan well good luck with that for them. Tan has Dalman for that, possible Choo too but Dalman is the expert for diverting the press away from our main issues.

Bottom line is we can't afford relegation and Tan should react to avoid it. Over to him.
Bakedalasker

Postby fred keenor » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:24 am

Really need to ramp up the pressure ,social media etc and press
Saturday will be a PR disaster if mad mick is still here , live on sky , bamba , peltier and warnock
Tan will not enjoy that presence
fred keenor

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:48 am

fred keenor wrote:Really need to ramp up the pressure ,social media etc and press
Saturday will be a PR disaster if mad mick is still here , live on sky , bamba , peltier and warnock
Tan will not enjoy that presence

I think Fulham may see him gone before then :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Postby cwmbachbluebird » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:57 am

Agree, we need to know what the hell is really going on.
Better communication needed.
Eddie Mays Barmy Army
R.I.P Speedo...Wales forever.
cwmbachbluebird

Postby GaerBlue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:22 pm

Bonner wrote:Media need to contact Tan for an interview, South Wales Media,Radio Wales should be all over this.

Was going to post something similar. Lack of honesty/responsibility Is damaging the club more than the results on the pitch. The silence is because either

A) The board have no idea what to do on a shoestring budget. They haven’t got anyone lined up and are hoping things fix themselves and are happy for MM too try and avoid relegation.

Or

B) They really don’t give a toss and are laughing at the fans all the way to the bank. Don’t tell me that after 2 promotions and relegations from the PL in under 10 years that we are in dire financial difficulties. Yes the Sala tragedy hasn’t helped and could cost us millions for no reward. But that’s 15m out of god knows how much we earned through promotion and parachute payments.

As fans we can write on message boards and social media all day long. Actions speak louder than words.
GaerBlue

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:33 pm

We all know what's going on.
Depending on your perspective, we are either living within our means or not investing and are paying the price for the mistakes of the past.
The only matter really is that between them MM, Dalman and Choo would have clearly told Tan that our squad would be good enough for mid table safety but it's not. Or at least it's not as MM sets them up. Morrison has had his injury problems but has been poor. Colwill our joint second top scorer and Keiffer has found the net once. Ralls, willing as he is, is our best midfielder (!!!) and we don't have any fullbacks that are good enough to play in a 3, a 4 or a 5.

Tans yes men have been beyond niaive and we are now in a considerably worse position squad wise than when Harris left. We all know that. The only positive is that our plight presumably makes it more likely that Tan will run out of patience with Dalman and Choo and we may have a different structure in place as well as a different manager as one without the other will not change anything for the better.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:22 pm

Vincent made it clear enough as far as I can see. No red = no investment.
rumpo kid

Postby BC-CB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:19 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Vincent made it clear enough as far as I can see. No red = no investment.

Let's go back to red.
Change our name to Cardiff (Wales) -just like the airport.
Invite Qatar Airways to buy Tan out and get us going upwards.
The stadium name changes from CCS to QAA (Qatar Airways Arena) and we become the next Manchester City/Newcastle United.
Ready for take off.
BC-CB

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:39 pm

Forget the money side of it. Its the recruitment thats diabolical.

Lack of skilled people in the game to spot a player. Not all about money.

Brentford signed plenty of league 1 players.

Glatzel was decent but our dog shite DNA blueprint was not helpful.
BigBearBlue1974

Postby darran1927 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:20 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Vincent made it clear enough as far as I can see. No red = no investment.

Why keep us just to have us plummet down the leagues though :?: I don’t mind if doesn’t spend millions but to complete cut all spending is lunacy.
darran1927

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:08 pm

Dunno why.. thats what he said in his last(second) interview. That and his Mum tells him what to do..
rumpo kid

Postby Danny Says » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:22 pm

Bonner wrote:Steve Borley, who is one of us, why isn’t he speaking out.

Borley. Don’t know the man personally. I gather he’s a successful businessman and it’s recognised he’s a long standing and loyal City fan, who seems to me to only be still on the board as he’s a token local who in reality is just a Tan puppet with no say in anything that goes on, and just toes the party line. Maybe that’s untrue, unfair or just speculation. I don’t know. Does anyone know otherwise?
And what about the other board members - what do they do?

Certainly none of them have a clue about football.
Danny Says

Postby Blue78 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:55 pm

darran1927 wrote:

Why keep us just to have us plummet down the leagues though :?: I don’t mind if doesn’t spend millions but to complete cut all spending is lunacy.

All spending cut presumably for the same reason that all other EFL clubs apart from those with parachute payments have cut spending - significantly reduced income for the best part of 18 months.

Warnock was great for a couple of seasons, but damn did he waste some money - or at least not know how to get the best out of the players he spent big on. That bad spending and a succession of managers who couldn’t get the best out of them is largely why we are where we are now.
Blue78

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:31 pm

Blind leading the Blind .... NO Business minds at OUR CLUB - When it comes to money :(
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat