“ FOOTBALL STADIUMS UP TO 10,000 CROWDS “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:45 pm

PM Boris:

At the earliest 17th May 2021

Up to 10,000 crowds for the larger stadiums or 1/4 full whichever is the lowest.

Drakeford Wales, we are waiting to hear from?

Big big problem for clubs selling next seasons season tickets in Premier & Championship???
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ FOOTBALL STADIUMS UP TO 10,000 CROWDS “

Postby bluebird58 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:55 pm

It’s a start but I’m not sure we should get to excited.

If it wasn’t for the fact that England want to host 7 Euro Championship games at Wembley they wouldn’t be rushing in to this.

Personally, I would rather we waited until the new season in August and then do it properly.

Having said that, if I get the chance to watch us in the playoff final at Wembley, I’ll be there! :ayatollah:
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Probably wait until next season To go! But wont hold breath with drakefords plans? Scots can play tennis and golf but we cannot do so..... but we can have up to 4 people from 2 different houses excersising together "NUTS"
pembroke allan

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Aren’t all lockdown social distance measures removed from June 21?

What does that do to football grounds?
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:05 pm

maccydee wrote:Aren’t all lockdown social distance measures removed from June 21?

What does that do to football grounds?

Can mean outside distancing the devil in the detail... but lets hope crowds back as normal come start next season.
pembroke allan

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:PM Boris:

At the earliest 17th May 2021

Up to 10,000 crowds for the larger stadiums or 1/4 full whichever is the lowest.

Drakeford Wales, we are waiting to hear from?

Big big problem for clubs selling next seasons season tickets in Premier & Championship???

I wont see any issues for clubs selling season tickets for 10k seats. All I am worried about is that the welsh clubs Cardiff Swansea Newport And Wrexham will be left behind.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Likely to be all stadiums to have full capacity for next season.

I, and I think many others, will wait until then.

Wales and Scotland are expected to go with the same road map as England. The UK Government are working with the devolved administrations on that.

Worth remembering that the Welsh Government reached the February target for vaccinations before any of the other UK administrations, but I don't remember seeing many on here highlight that?

It is strongly believe that what Boris Johnson announced today for England, will also be the case in Scotland and Wales. Not sure about Northern Ireland.

It's the first time that the Prime Minister has had a proper plan for exiting lockdown permanently.

The "cautious but irreversible" approach is absolutely correct.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Worth remembering that the Welsh Government reached the February target for vaccinations before any of the other UK administrations, but I don't remember seeing many on here highlight that?

One poster was complaining England had vaccinated 11million and Wales hadn't a few weeks ago. :lol:
WestCoastBlue

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:58 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Worth remembering that the Welsh Government reached the February target for vaccinations before any of the other UK administrations, but I don't remember seeing many on here highlight that?

One poster was complaining England had vaccinated 11million and Wales hadn't a few weeks ago. :lol:

Please say that’s not true.

Who was it?
maccydee

Postby moonboots » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:10 pm

Last summer, from very low levels of covid, all governments took the brakes off, and because of the stupidity of people, they went crazy...remember the scenes at Bournemouth beach, as well as plenty of other places, and look what happened. National lockdowns in November slowed things down but things soon got out of control...hundreds of thousands of new cases and tens of thousands of deaths.
I know the vaccine offers us hope but scientists are still warning of a third wave if the brakes are taken off too quickly.
I'd love to get back down the City but people's lives are more important. Personally I wouldn't urge anyone to follow Johnson's advice. Him and his government have been a nightmare...apart from the vaccination programme. Credit for that.
moonboots

Postby stickywicket » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Who was it?

What's not true.?
stickywicket

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm

maccydee wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Who was it?

"ion"

"England done 11million,Wales only just over half million wouldn't call that a success" was the quote so not as bad as I remember.
Although the date that was said 24.8% of England's over 18 population had received 1 or more doses compared to 24.1% of Wales' over 18 population receiving 1 or more doses
WestCoastBlue

Postby Sven » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:17 pm

I really don't think it will affect us unless we progress to the Play Offs

Better now to wait until next season and give everyone the opportunity to end the season as it started, i.e. no supporters in the stadium

Fulham v Sunderland already arguing over the potential for Fulham to have some Happy Clappers in attendance fir what could be a relegation play off...
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby maccydee » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Sven wrote:I really don't think it will affect us unless we progress to the Play Offs

Better now to wait until next season and give everyone the opportunity to end the season as it started, i.e. no supporters in the stadium

Fulham v Sunderland already arguing over the potential for Fulham to have some Happy Clappers in attendance fir what could be a relegation play off...

Fulham v Sunderland?
maccydee

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:22 pm

If Drakeford was in charge of the vaccine on the ground here, it’d be like we never left the Eurozone. The Remoaners have been very quiet about that..
rumpo kid

Postby WestCoastBlue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 pm

rumpo kid wrote:If Drakeford was in charge of the vaccine on the ground here, it’d be like we never left the Eurozone. The Remoaners have been very quiet about that..

Drakeford is in charge of the vaccine rollout, health services have been a devolved matter in the UK for decades. Currently Wales has the best vaccine rollout of the 4 UK nations. :occasion5:
WestCoastBlue

Postby castleblue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:40 pm

Sven wrote:I really don't think it will affect us unless we progress to the Play Offs

Play off final will do for me Chris :thumbup:
castleblue

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Fulham vs Sunderland Chris??
What year was that? :lol:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:42 pm

Up to 10,000 fans could be back in stadiums by mid-May as part of the government's plans to move England out of lockdown.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a four-part plan to lift the coronavirus lockdown.

Outdoor sports including football, golf and tennis will be allowed to resume in England from 29 March.

The plan to ease lockdown requires four tests on vaccines, infection rates and new coronavirus variants to be met.

"The turnstiles of our sports stadia will once again rotate," said Johnson.

In an address to the nation later on Monday, the Prime Minister stressed the roll-out of the UK's vaccination programme had allowed the government to draw up this pathway, but that final decisions would be made "on data".

Leisure centres, gyms and swimming pools can open from 12 April.

Venues such as gyms, tennis courts and golf courses have been closed across England since lockdown was announced on 4 January.

The government says it will run a series of 'pilot' events in April and the English Football League (EFL) said it would be "engaging" with the government over the potential for a small number of fans to attend the Carabao Cup final at Wembley on 25 April.

If the pilots are successful, "up to 10,000 people or 25% of total seated capacity, whichever is lower" will be allowed in stadiums for sporting events, but not before 17 May.

That could mean the FA Cup final at Wembley on 15 May is played behind closed doors, as it was in August, although fans may be able to attend the conclusion of the Premier League, which is set to finish over the weekend of 22 May.

The delayed Euro 2020 competition begins on 11 June with Wembley set to host seven matches, including the final on 11 July.

Wimbledon, which was cancelled in 2020 for the first time since the Second World War, is scheduled for 28 June to 11 July with Formula 1's British Grand Prix at Silverstone on 18 July.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Bigmarkw » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 am

I can’t see it myself, if you look at the small print these are the absolute earliest dates if everything goes right. There’s 4 key areas to get better it only takes one to fail. I hope I’m wrong in this I’d love to be back and the city if only to see what MM thinks of my nickname for him. Lol.
Bigmarkw

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:49 am

maccydee wrote:

Fulham v Sunderland?

My Newcastle mates will love that...not! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:51 am

Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Sam, a bit of a faux pas there...! :roll: :lol:
Sven

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:58 am

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Ponty Bluebird

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:47 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:If Drakeford was in charge of the vaccine on the ground here, it’d be like we never left the Eurozone. The Remoaners have been very quiet about that..

Drakeford is in charge of the vaccine rollout, health services have been a devolved matter in the UK for decades. Currently Wales has the best vaccine rollout of the 4 UK nations. :occasion5:

Yep, I criticised Drakeford for the slow start on vaccine roll-out but since then the roll-out has out-stripped the other UK nations per head.

So credit where it's due, we may criticise him for many things but vaccine roll-out is not one of them !! Unless, of course, your going to be even stronger in you criticism of the roll-out in England, Scotland and NI ?

My understanding is that Wales actually has more capacity to administer vaccines and could go even faster but we are having to wait for our share of the vaccines to be delivered. The UK government don't want any of the nations getting too far ahead of the others which is somewhat frustrating or fair enough, depending on your view.
piledriver64

Postby skidemin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:09 pm

Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Newcastle/ Sunderland... easily done mate..
time to start being concerned is when you start calling your caravan in treco a villa in florida
skidemin

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:41 pm

skidemin wrote:
Sven wrote:
Ponty Bluebird wrote:

Newcastle/ Sunderland... easily done mate..
time to start being concerned is when you start calling your caravan in treco a villa in florida

:laughing5: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Return to General Chat