‘ Paul Abbanato tweet this morning ‘ NEIL HARRIS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby fred keenor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Paul Abbanato aka head of media Wales Sport: tweet this morning

BIG 3/4 games, 10-day period for Neil Harris. @CardiffCityFC hierarchy feel these are winnable games, I'm told, he's got to have Bluebirds in a higher position by end of them. Huge talent in squad, sum of the parts has not been working to date. Down to the manager to make it

Sat Nov 21 Millwall A

Wed Nov 25 Coventry City A

Sat Nov 28 LUTON TOWN H

Tue Dec 01 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN H
Attachments
B58B54D0-A1D7-4B35-AB15-76B7EF62DFB9.jpeg
B58B54D0-A1D7-4B35-AB15-76B7EF62DFB9.jpeg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 7157 times
fred keenor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Paul Abbanato tweet this morning

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:39 pm

I’m good friends with Paul, he does not rate Harris at all.

He is in big communication with Dalman and friends.

It is true Dalman is now piling on the pressure on Harris, ever since Harris spike out, it’s never been the same.

So yes the writing is on the wall for Harris, a winning dun is needed to keep his job.

So it’s quite sad they’ve got Harris backing our future Accademy big time and clearing out the squad for them with little money and a small squad.

For me if Harris survives by Xmas then he will really have done well with all the pressure he is under to lower wages, make a smaller squad, play the kids more even if they are not up to Championship standard yet and hardly baby money to strengthen.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: ‘ Paul Abbanato tweet this morning ‘

Postby fred keenor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Always thought today and next wednesdays results would be critical for NH.

After PA tweet , im pretty certain he has to get a minimum of 4 points now.
fred keenor

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:40 pm

If I was Neil Harris I’d be hoping to get sacked..the boards expectations are ludicrous.
rumpo kid

Postby fred keenor » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:53 pm

I’m sure their expectations are higher than 16th as well and rightly so.

Another drab first half at the Den, let’s hope for better 2nd half.
fred keenor

Re: ‘ Paul Abbanato tweet this morning ‘ NEIL HARRIS

Postby Don Keydick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:06 pm

Huge talent in the squad??? Apart from Wilson, they're all journeymen, not huge talent.
Don Keydick

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:24 pm

True mate... he’s about the only quality player we’ve got, maybe Smithies..
rumpo kid

Postby Sven » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:11 pm

rumpo kid wrote:If I was Neil Harris I’d be hoping to get sacked..the boards expectations are ludicrous.

Are the Board's 'expectations' any more than (most of) the supporters? :?

I know what I wanted/expected from this season; and it's not where we are at right now...! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:45 pm

I doubt they’d say they don’t expect promotion. But Wilson apart, this squad isn’t good enough. With this squad and the way we’ve been playing for a long time, I know many supporters who think we’re bang average.
rumpo kid

Postby EastleighBlue » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:47 pm

I don't understand the criticism of the squad? Its not the strongest but there is plenty enough quality there to be top half and the board should expect so. Is the Jack's squad really greatly stronger than ours? We are simply under performing. Harris had a purple patch this summer but weve simply not gelled or found the rhythm we should have this season. I think hes an honest, genuine bloke but hes not got the chemistry to be a top flight manager. He needs to go if we fail to get results in the next few matches. That said those who clamour for big names should be guarded. I still would go with another young manager. Chris Hughton, Tony Pulis etc, no thanks. They will not move those clubs on and will just pick up more money on the gravy train.
EastleighBlue

Postby nubbsy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:36 am

Don Keydick wrote:Huge talent in the squad??? Apart from Wilson, they're all journeymen, not huge talent.

It's a solid championship squad and if everyone was fit and firing (Tomlin) we'd have a fair bit of quality for change too.
nubbsy

Postby Sven » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:21 am

nubbsy wrote:
Don Keydick wrote:Huge talent in the squad??? Apart from Wilson, they're all journeymen, not huge talent.

It's a solid championship squad and if everyone was fit and firing (Tomlin) we'd have a fair bit of quality for change too.

I tend to agree; lots are making excuses where there are few... :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Blueman39 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:33 am

Squad is decent enough but players underperforming....managers tactics are often negative and that coupled with poor team selection gets us 16th in the league.
We look a mid table side at mo
Blueman39

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:13 am

Sorry but I can’t agree that Harris hasn’t been backed or the squad isn’t good enough for the play-offs.

The first 15-16 are much stronger than what Warnock had at his disposal in the promotion year.

These are tough times and none of our competitors have spent big yet we’ve bought Moore and signed Wilson, Ojo and Oseille-Tutu all of who are handy with Wilson worth in excess of £12m which is what Burnley had turned down by Liverpool.

The squad is stronger than the one that got in the playoffs last season and yet we’re looking downwards rather than upwards !!

Harris is not getting the best out of this team and his time is running out. I would like to see him turn it around but I see no evidence this season that he is capable of doing that.
piledriver64

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:09 am

Our performances show otherwise. Even in our promotion year we were very tight but dire to watch. That squad was really strong tho, with Gunnars, Bryson, Bamba, Patterson, Damour, and Manga all playing key roles, also Grujic and Ward to a lesser extent.

This midfield isn't much compared to those players, Pack is too slow, Hoillett's legs have gone, Bennett gives the ball away, Mozza's getting caught. I'd argue the squad is weaker through the spine, and much less mobile in that area. Manga and Gunnarsson are the biggest losses, and have'nt been replaced with the same quality.
rumpo kid

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:12 am

Sorry but I can’t agree that Harris hasn’t been backed or the squad isn’t good enough for the play-offs.

The first 15-16 are much stronger than what Warnock had at his disposal in the promotion year.

These are tough times and none of our competitors have spent big yet we’ve bought Moore and signed Wilson, Ojo and Oseille-Tutu all of who are handy with Wilson worth in excess of £12m which is what Burnley had turned down by Liverpool.

The squad is stronger than the one that got in the playoffs last season and yet we’re looking downwards rather than upwards !!

Harris is not getting the best out of this team and his time is running out. I would like to see him turn it around but I see no evidence this season that he is capable of doing that.
piledriver64

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:28 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:I don't understand the criticism of the squad? Its not the strongest but there is plenty enough quality there to be top half and the board should expect so. Is the Jack's squad really greatly stronger than ours? We are simply under performing. Harris had a purple patch this summer but weve simply not gelled or found the rhythm we should have this season. I think hes an honest, genuine bloke but hes not got the chemistry to be a top flight manager. He needs to go if we fail to get results in the next few matches. That said those who clamour for big names should be guarded. I still would go with another young manager. Chris Hughton, Tony Pulis etc, no thanks. They will not move those clubs on and will just pick up more money on the gravy train.

Agree with your post. If the Jack squad can get them into the top 6 then our squad should be able to do the same. Also Bristol City and bang average for years Reading are up there.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:31 pm

Blueman39 wrote:Squad is decent enough but players underperforming....managers tactics are often negative and that coupled with poor team selection gets us 16th in the league.

Absolutely right. That said I would pin it down more by pointing at the defence which has given away far too many sloppy goals despite NH defensive tactics.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Crayfish » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Blueman39 wrote:Squad is decent enough but players underperforming....managers tactics are often negative and that coupled with poor team selection gets us 16th in the league.

Absolutely right. That said I would pin it down more by pointing at the defence which has given away far too many sloppy goals despite NH defensive tactics.

Don't think you can blame the defence. We have conceded the same number of goals as Bristol who are in 3rd place and only one more than Bournemouh who are second. Not scoring enough is as big a problem. For me the biggest problem is we have lost Tomlin who was the teams brain. Without him we would have been nowhere near the playoffs last season. No Tomlin no playoffs.
Crayfish

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:09 pm

Crayfish wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Don't think you can blame the defence. We have conceded the same number of goals as Bristol who are in 3rd place and only one more than Bournemouh who are second. Not scoring enough is as big a problem. For me the biggest problem is we have lost Tomlin who was the teams brain. Without him we would have been nowhere near the playoffs last season. No Tomlin no playoffs.

You could look at it that way but too many of the goals we have conceded have been cheap goals which could have been prevented if the defenders were doing their job properly. That said we should be scoring more goals.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:00 am

Harris is guaranteed a win at Coventry as their defence just leaks goals so there will be no problem on Wednesday night :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wardy64 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:54 am

For me its the midfield. We are to slow with Pack, Ralls and Vaulks all same same. There is no pace or creativity. This puts pressure on the back four. Time for change me thinks.
Wardy64

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:03 am

Cardiff have won one league in their last 7 games.

Coventry have won one league in their last 10 games.

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat