Isaac Vassell???

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Isaac Vassell???

Postby RICK+CCFC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:51 pm

Has he got a future with City?

All this talk of players leaving, to free up wages,, then surely a decision will have to be made sooner rather than later.
I don’t know, but he’s got to be another of our players on at least 20K a week?
I can’t see a full season in him, TBH, and his wages, what ever they might be, are a massive drain on resources,,, certainly for a player who’s only played three competitive games for us in the last twelve months, at the beginning of last season, and all coming on as a substitute...
RICK+CCFC

Isaac Vassell???

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Isaac Vassell???

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:54 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Has he got a future with City?

All this talk of players leaving, to free up wages,, then surely a decision will have to be made sooner rather than later.
I can’t see a full season in him, TBH, and his wages, what ever they might be, are a massive drain on resources,,, certainly for a player who’s only played three competitive games for us in the last twelve months, at the beginning of last season, and all coming on as a substitute...

what do you mean by decision..?
skidemin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 pm

skidemin wrote:

The same decisions that the higher echelons at our club have made on numerous occasions in the not so distant past, that is to “mutually“ agree to terminate a contract. I believe the last one was Gary Madine?
RICK+CCFC

Postby davids » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:18 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
skidemin wrote:

The same decisions that the higher echelons at our club have made on numerous occasions in the not so distant past, that is to “mutually“ agree to terminate a contract. I believe the last one was Gary Madine?

Those pay offs to players to leave whilst still in contract must have cost millions over the years.
davids

Postby RICK+CCFC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:27 pm

davids wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Those pay offs to players to leave whilst still in contract must have cost millions over the years.

Crazy amounts of £££ I’m sure. Remember Cornelius? He went after six months,,,, and I’ve lost count of the number of contracted players paid off shortly after Russell Slade took over,,, that Dali player was one of many to leave,,,, one of many that OGS quickly brought in. Paying off players contracts is nothing new at City....
RICK+CCFC

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:27 pm

What a waste he has been played 1 scored 1 thats it coronation flag seller would suit him or bog off to boro had a bad reputation for been injury prone to think we have payed him all this time.
montyblue

Postby blue lagoon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:34 pm

Money pissed away, shame the fans are not seen at football clubs as nothing more than cash cows. Im sure more could be done to help the working person at all clubs.

But hey, I know my place. I'll just sit back and take it I guess.
Just a shame im not valued as a fan.

Ps all this money pissed away would have paid for your streaming passes. Never mind, pro rata it is then. Clubs are struggling bla,bla .. fuc the lot of them I say.

Players step up in time of need.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby Escott1927 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:44 am

Has there been any update on how long he is out for this time? We could do with a player like him at the moment as he offers something different to what is currently availible.
Escott1927

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:33 am

Escott1927 wrote:Has there been any update on how long he is out for this time? We could do with a player like him at the moment as he offers something different to what is currently availible.

This was the relevant point I was making. A fit and active IV would mean that NH would probably not be looking at another striker position? We all know that we need more creativity In mid field and a couple of pacy wingers, able to whip in decent crosses.
As for IV, I don’t know for sure, but if NH is looking upfront, then it suggests that IV is nowhere near fit, although It does appears he is training???
RICK+CCFC

Postby Igovernor » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:42 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Has there been any update on how long he is out for this time? We could do with a player like him at the moment as he offers something different to what is currently availible.

This was the relevant point I was making. A fit and active IV would mean that NH would probably not be looking at another striker position? We all know that we need more creativity In mid field and a couple of pacy wingers, able to whip in decent crosses.
As for IV, I don’t know for sure, but if NH is looking upfront, then it suggests that IV is nowhere near fit, although It does appears he is training???

I think Harris is looking at two players one a winger and the second a number 10, not a striker, so it is possible that IV is nearing fitness :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Igovernor

Postby nickjonesrox2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:49 am

Isaac Vassell is not the answer.

We need consistancy and production.

Isaac Vassell gives us neither unfortunately.
nickjonesrox2

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:51 am

Igovernor wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

I think Harris is looking at two players one a winger and the second a number 10, not a striker, so it is possible that IV is nearing fitness :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

He should be looking at a striker as well.

When Vassell opens up his legs he will either pull a hamstring or calf and be out again. Leaving us with 2 strikers! Sorry to say the lad is injury prone and no amount of physio or treatment will sort him. He’s like a 20 odd year man with 50-60 yr old legs.
Pulisnewport

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:52 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

He should be looking at a striker as well.

When Vassell opens up his legs he will either pull a hamstring or calf and be out again. Leaving us with 2 strikers! Sorry to say the lad is injury prone and no amount of physio or treatment will sort him. He’s like a 20 odd year man with 50-60 yr old legs.

I know, and everyone of you are right. I said a fit and active IV,,,, but I Still got A feeling that his future with us is going to be a short one, and in the current financial situation can any club afford long term injury prone players? Three substitute appearances?? I don’t think so either!
RICK+CCFC

Postby davids » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:54 pm

I feel desperately sorry for the lad.

He has no control over the transfer fees clubs are willing to pay for him and of course like everybody else he will try to get the best financial deal for himself and his family.

You can tell from his reaction when he suffered that injury playing for the Under 23s that he must be absolutely gutted that he is unable to do what he no doubt loves to do - play football. It must take a great deal of mental strength to keep coming back from these terrible setbacks whilst hoping that eventually you'll be able to get on the pitch and have a sustained run of games whilst remaining injury free.

Every injury setback must knock his confidence just that little bit more.

So I don't blame Vassell in the slightest. I do think that you have to question the club on taking a risk on a player with some serious injury problems in his past. Look at it this way - do you think any club would now pay us a fee or the lad himself what he is currently earning?

We all genuinely hope he can come good but the more time passes unfortunately the less likely that seems.
davids

Postby RICK+CCFC » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:35 pm

davids wrote:I feel desperately sorry for the lad.

He has no control over the transfer fees clubs are willing to pay for him and of course like everybody else he will try to get the best financial deal for himself and his family.

You can tell from his reaction when he suffered that injury playing for the Under 23s that he must be absolutely gutted that he is unable to do what he no doubt loves to do - play football. It must take a great deal of mental strength to keep coming back from these terrible setbacks whilst hoping that eventually you'll be able to get on the pitch and have a sustained run of games whilst remaining injury free.

So I don't blame Vassell in the slightest. I do think that you have to question the club on taking a risk on a player with some serious injury problems in his past. Look at it this way - do you think any club would now pay us a fee or the lad himself what he is currently earning?

We all genuinely hope he can come good but the more time passes unfortunately the less likely that seems.

Yes David’s, we do all hope he comes good, but like you said, the longer time goes on, the more unlikely that appears to be, so objective planning Has to be considered surely? No one blames IV,,, he’s a professional player that Neil Warnock knew about,,, and will always be remembered as the last player NW signed As manager, for Cardiff City AFC.
RICK+CCFC

Postby davids » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:44 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Yes David’s, we do all hope he comes good, but like you said, the longer time goes on, the more unlikely that appears to be, so objective planning Has to be considered surely? No one blames IV,,, he’s a professional player that Neil Warnock knew about,,, and will always be remembered as the last player NW signed As manager, for Cardiff City AFC.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Agree with everything you say Rick.
davids

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:00 pm

had 4 months injury free after recovering from some pretty serious injuries.. and passed the medical... just piss poor luck all round... although the crystal ball people all knew, but will suggest signing players who have been out for a similar amount of time and recovered
skidemin

Postby Jasonccfc » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:10 pm

I think he will get another chance and hopefully with the time he's had to recover and a bit of luck he will get his career with us back on track.
If so then maybe we could still bring in a young premiership prospect on loan similar to Abraham and Brewster
Jasonccfc

Return to General Chat