As slow and shapeless as Trollop

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Neil, That was appalling again.

I have no idea what we are trying to do ? Lots of sideways passing which always need to be safe as we just don't have the accuracy to make a key pass until Tomlin comes on.

Can we start with the wide forwards..... Ojo was shit but Junior was little better. I guess you must play Ojo if fit because i see no other reason for him being near the team. Holliets legs have gone and want to cut inside, surely he'd be better at 10 than Bacuna who you play at right back when required.

Pack nearly make key passes, but flatters to deceive and they never quite hit their intended target or spot.

Subs - Another stroke of genius bringing Glatzel on to mark Moore out the game, he never left his side.

Don't worry, I have watched us for 35 years so being this idea sparse and shapeless is not a new phenomenon. The last one was Trollop
llan bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: As slow and shapeless as Trollop

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Neil, That was appalling again.

I have no idea what we are trying to do ? Lots of sideways passing which always need to be safe as we just don't have the accuracy to make a key pass until Tomlin comes on.

Can we start with the wide forwards..... Ojo was shit but Junior was little better. I guess you must play Ojo if fit because i see no other reason for him being near the team. Holliets legs have gone and want to cut inside, surely he'd be better at 10 than Bacuna who you play at right back when required.

Pack nearly make key passes, but flatters to deceive and they never quite hit their intended target or spot.

Subs - Another stroke of genius bringing Glatzel on to mark Moore out the game, he never left his side.

Don't worry, I have watched us for 35 years so being this idea sparse and shapeless is not a new phenomenon. The last one was Trollop

That's what I was thinking with reference to Trollop.

I've no idea what's gone wrong but unless things change I can see the same fate happening to Harris that happened to Trollop.
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 pm

Whats needed is for the players to look forward instead of sideways or backwards? Plenty of good possession on halfway line but nothing wide or forward of player in possession,
Moore had more of ball 40yrds out facing own goalkeeper than he did looking at opponents goalie... and that sums up what's wrong at moment
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Whats needed is for the players to look forward instead of sideways or backwards? Plenty of good possession on halfway line but nothing wide or forward of player in possession,
Moore had more of ball 40yrds out facing own goalkeeper than he did looking at opponents goalie... and that sums up what's wrong at moment

correct...game plan..or lack of one.
skidemin

Postby fred keenor » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Absolutely spot on, I had no idea what we were trying to do, other than pass sideways for the sake of passing sideways.
From having NML to be replaced by Ojo is 10 steps backwards.
Shocking signing absolutely shocking
fred keenor

Postby skidemin » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 pm

fred keenor wrote:Absolutely spot on, I had no idea what we were trying to do, other than pass sideways for the sake of passing sideways.
From having NML to be replaced by Ojo is 10 steps backwards.
Shocking signing absolutely shocking

same here.. pass it sideways for 60 minutes ,try and keep the score down boys .. until i give Tomlin the saviour not 1 second more than 30 minutes to rescue the game... ohh fck theyve scored again.. i know ill move Lee who we waited an hour for to the left and glatz can be the saviour instead..someone said it looked like under 10s at the end and we had the exact same convo watching it here...
but we were the better team... :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
skidemin

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:25 am

Game plan atm is keeping smithies warm with amount of back passes
Pembroke bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:54 am

We've gone from get it forward quickly (hoofball) that generally was effective lots goals scored.... to get to halfway line and stay there for 2 mins then go back to smithies or Morrison to boot aimlessly upfield! Ffs we bought a good striker/header of ball why not cross ball to him never know may get a goal or two! Good stat yesterday 23 crosses attempted only 3 completed , moore not given one chance to score in game despite around 5 shots on target and 9 efforts in total by team.
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat