Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" NEIL HARRIS: WE NEED TO REPLACE CALLUM PATERSON "

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Neil Harris, speaking to the press after today's defeat to Reading:

" You may know more than me as today I've been focusing on the match. I've been told today that a deal is close to being agreed. If he is leaving, then we wish Pato all the best. If not then I look forward to seeing him on Monday.

If Callum is moving on then we certainly need to replace him."

Re: " NEIL HARRIS: WE NEED TO REPLACE CALLUM PATERSON "

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Neil Harris, speaking to the press after today's defeat to Reading:

" You may know more than me as today I've been focusing on the match. I've been told today that a deal is close to being agreed. If he is leaving, then we wish Pato all the best. If not then I look forward to seeing him on Monday.

same every time anything happens really... im the manager but have no idea whats happening at the club...

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:53 pm

What?!!! Focussing on the match. You are the MANAGER FFS.

Finger on the pulse.

Unbelievable.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:What?!!! Focussing on the match. You are the MANAGER FFS.

Finger on the pulse.

Unbelievable.

If he was listening to messages re Paterson in the hour or so before the match and during the match rather than concentrating on the team / squad picked for today then I (and I suspect you) would skate him for that.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:08 pm

skidemin wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Neil Harris, speaking to the press after today's defeat to Reading:

same every time anything happens really... im the manager but have no idea whats happening at the club...

He should know what’s happening at the club with his players he’s the manger for god sake Harris frustrates me at times

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:08 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Finger on the pulse.

Unbelievable.

If he was listening to messages re Paterson in the hour or so before the match and during the match rather than concentrating on the team / squad picked for today then I (and I suspect you) would skate him for that.

Not questioning his focus today BUT he must know if Pato is going or not

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:09 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Finger on the pulse.

Unbelievable.

i dont think he can keep saying these things and keep credibility... after playing Pato a lot it almost came to a dead stop..total 15 mins in the last 6/7 games ? its obvious he has no interest in playing him... and equally obvious that he knows about the negotiations...we know but the manager doesnt ?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:14 pm

He must know what is going on behind the scenes surely?

Starting to worry he's just a yes man following the dictat from above.

Streamline the squad. Tick

Reduce wage bill. Tick

Reduce age profile. Tick

Tell the faithful u happy with squad. Tick

Tell faithful no signings needed. Tick

Tell the faithful you excited with the youngsters coming through. Tick.

Sorry but I'm struggling to have faith

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:16 pm

‘You may know more than me’ implies to me that something seems on the cards but within the last couple of hours, when he was focussing on today.
Pato may well be up there speaking to them which again COULD mean that it could be all but agreed and Harris hadn’t yet heard.
I’m not trying to be pedantic fellas but it’s possible.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:18 pm

If Harris thought Ojo was good enough for championship football, I'm very worried.

600k for Callum, I think all is not well. That's a joke of a fee.

Beginning to think Vinnie will not be around after this season, cutting his losses it appears.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:25 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:‘You may know more than me’ implies to me that something seems on the cards but within the last couple of hours, when he was focussing on today.
Pato may well be up there speaking to them which again COULD mean that it could be all but agreed and Harris hadn’t yet heard.

he should be in the loop mate and have a big chunk of input..., if he isnt its more worrying than him pretending he doesnt know anything ... yes its Saturday and the main focus is the game but it hasnt just happened today .. and does this also mean he hasnt lined up prospective replacements ?

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:49 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Finger on the pulse.

Unbelievable.

Not questioning his focus today BUT he must know if Pato is going or not

I agree mate and I think he’s hoping he goes too

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:51 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:‘You may know more than me’ implies to me that something seems on the cards but within the last couple of hours, when he was focussing on today.

he should be in the loop mate and have a big chunk of input..., if he isnt its more worrying than him pretending he doesnt know anything ... yes its Saturday and the main focus is the game but it hasnt just happened today .. and does this also mean he hasnt lined up prospective replacements ?

Fair point but what he says to press and what’s actually happening could be a big difference. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone by morning and we have someone in by Monday. Fingers crossed

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:02 pm

Paterson is our third choice striker and obviously is not fancied as a right back. To get away from hoofball we need an attacking midfielder, Tomlin is only good for 30 minutes and a winger who can beat a man on the outside and cross the ball! Early days but Our loan winger doesn’t seem to have that ability!

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:18 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Paterson is our third choice striker and obviously is not fancied as a right back. To get away from hoofball we need an attacking midfielder, Tomlin is only good for 30 minutes and a winger who can beat a man on the outside and cross the ball! Early days but Our loan winger doesn’t seem to have that ability!

Yup. Agree with that

Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:02 am

cardiff 74 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

He should know what’s happening at the club with his players he’s the manger for god sake Harris frustrates me at times

If he’s not told that’s surely not his fault :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:19 am

Lets be honest when warnock went and harris came in we all new he was going to be just a cog in the wheel warnock got his way with what he wanted and the board new he had brought in a lot of dros and wasted a lot of money bobby reid etc

so it was inevitable the next manager was going to be controlled by the board even before the covid pandemic and this is proving to be the case ethridge gone i don't
think warnock would have let him go
God forbid anything happens to smithies and we have to rely on day the drop
no return of sanderson from wolves what has happened there
And the lack of another tomlin in the squad
Now patterson out

Is harris just happy to keep his job at this present time
and is just towing the line.

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:22 am

worrying times I am afraid a manager who has no control is a disaster and sadly our club is now going backwards

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:54 am

valleyrambill wrote:worrying times I am afraid a manager who has no control is a disaster and sadly our club is now going backwards

i thought watching it was bad enough .. but to then found out our manager thinks we were the better team followed by sellin a player for peanuts which the manager has no say in..... gutted...

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:05 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

If he’s not told that’s surely not his fault :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

well there are managers that would not work or accept a job under those conditions... and from a fans point of view i think thats what we should want ..i dont think its his fault in that he was a young out of work manager that was not exactly being head hunted by premier league clubs so therefore seems to have accepted what was offered , doesnt change the fact its crap for us though...

Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:56 am

We do not need to replace Callum Paterson, we need to replace Lee Tomlin !!!!!! If this frees up salary then so be it.

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:21 pm

Unbelievable times at City and now two of our better players have gone fir a total of £1.3M. Why didn't we give them away with a sell on clause.
Sorry City but this is showing where we are heading and ut ain't upward :bluebird: