It's easy to aim lazy, laboured jibes at Marlon Pack.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:38 am

On Saturday at Forest what Marlon Pack might lack in skill, the effort and determination made up for it and Pack was everywhere and is what Neil Harris is looking for from Cardiff City squad every week :thumbright: :bluebird:

He might divide opinion among Bluebirds fans, many of whom voiced their concern when he was named in the starting lineup, but very few can argue with his display at the City Ground.

He was so cool and calm on the ball. When Cardiff needed to take the sting out of the game he did just that.

The midfielder knows he isn't blessed with blistering pace and will never go on 40-yard, driving runs into the opposition box, but what he does, for the most part, he does very well.

Those who understand his role in the team appreciate what a good job he does when he is on song. He was so crucial to Cardiff's defensive structure and ticked the game along nicely. Those who expect him to be a box-to-box player, like Bacuna or Ralls, will always end up disappointed.

In attack, Pack produced 40 passes, more than any other Cardiff City player. In defence, he chipped in with two tackles, one interception, one clearance and won three aerial duels.

Football analysis experts WhoScored gave him a rating of 7.78 against Forest, behind only two-goal hero Kieffer Moore (8.62) and captain Sean Morrison (8.02).

The midfielder has a big part to play this season and while he might not be the most swashbuckling attacking midfielder ever to pull on a Bluebirds shirt, he will be an important player for City, when the occasion calls for it.
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1273514055.jpg
0_GettyImages-1273514055.jpg (44.56 KiB) Viewed 5114 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: It's easy to aim lazy, laboured jibes at Marlon Pack.

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:13 am

He played well at the weekend, but some who always slate him won't admit that.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby theclaw » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:57 am

He very vocal on the pitch too.
theclaw

Postby Grandstand » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:08 pm

It is also easy to get carried away with a win against a poor Forest team, especially in the First half. Pack is slow and many times we could have moved the ball quicker to create more chances. The second half we just held on instead of looking to get more goals and only poor finishing by forest meant we had a clean sheet. We need a better midfield if we have ambitions to get promoted.
Grandstand

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:27 pm

He’s pony, slow, cumbersome, lateral.
exiled12345

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Like it says above.If you understand what the position demands you wouldn't be criticising Packs performance.He had his best game in a city shirt and his challenge now is to maintain this level.
Sneggyblubird

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:13 pm

Made me laugh fair play.

No position, demands he takes the ball but only move slowly sideways when in possession. Pearson at Preston is a better example of the role.
exiled12345

Postby nuburomoore » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:54 pm

I think the Forest game was Pack's best game for us. I think he had a phenomenal first half.
What I will say, is that was also Kieffer Moore's best game for us, and that was only his 2nd appearance.

I strongly disagree with the suggestion that Pack plays like that most games, because it's simply not true. There's a reason people don't like him in our team, it's because he simply doesn't fit the style of football we played last season, in attack he didn't do anything than Ralls, Vaulks or Bacuna couldn't do, and in Defense he was dribbled and ran past so easily and we were subject to conceding a lot of long shots because of it.

Pack had a good game for us on Saturday and if he continues to play like that and we continue to play possession football then I think he'll turn into a fan favorite. As it stands though that's the only good game I've seen him play for us and something tells me I'm with the majority who think that. There's no big conspiracy about Cardiff fans not appreciating a particular type of player in our side, the argument has come about time and time again where a player gets criticized and the people who disagree claim "you just don't see what he offers, you don't appreciate him, players like him are underrated". At the end of the day the it's a non argument because it just ends the debate, how can anyone possibly reply if you've suggested they're opinion must be wrong because you see things we don't.

I'm waffling now, point is he had a VERY good game last week. One good game can be a reason to be optimistic sure, but it doesn't warrant this much praise making out this is his typical performance, because it's not.
nuburomoore

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:02 pm

A player warranting special mention for doing what he’s supposed to do, is low praise indeed.
rumpo kid

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:37 pm

Some of our fans like to have a go at players, after all it's easy to criticise and I dont think they have ever played the game at any level.
Let's not forget who we are and what league we play as if they have a bluebird on the shirt they have my backing to the hilt :bluebird:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:01 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Some of our fans like to have a go at players, after all it's easy to criticise and I dont think they have ever played the game at any level.
Let's not forget who we are and what league we play as if they have a bluebird on the shirt they have my backing to the hilt :bluebird:

Well said dude. Commitment to the cause :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Big Hill Blue

Postby Charlie Harper » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Some of our fans like to have a go at players, after all it's easy to criticise and I dont think they have ever played the game at any level.

Well said dude. Commitment to the cause :bluebird: :bluescarf:

:thumbup:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:08 pm

I like Pack, he keeps the ball well and protects the defence. One of those players you don't really notice until they're not playing. I remember McPhail was a similar mould of player and got the same type of stick.
JasonFowler1991

Postby Logie » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:09 pm

I thought most were shit expect Moore and Smithies, was like watching a game over Llandaff fields
Logie

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Cardiff fans have a general apathy which is unmatched, we love keeping any progress in check “I remember the division 3 days etc” Pack is a seriously limited player. The wurzels will tell you.

The ambition is to get back in the premier league, we won’t with Pack nor the current CM’s we have. Tomlin is the heartbeat of the side when we play well and the biggest challenge is finding support for him.
exiled12345

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He played well at the weekend, but some who always slate him won't admit that.

Yup! Smithies, Moore and ack my top 3 in a side where most played well :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:45 pm

It is easy because he's slow, sideways and can't tackle.

Didn't see first half at Forest so can't comment but second half he was anonymous.

No where near a top end Championship player which was proved last season by our games with him and then without him.

Not fit to lace Gunnars boots.

Where would he be if not with us? Warnock certainty won't come knocking.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby exiled12345 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:59 pm

He was a rushed panicked Warnock buy, he needed a move and didn’t want to leave home. (He still lives in Bristol)

Really hoping we bring in another CM
exiled12345

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:04 am

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:He played well at the weekend, but some who always slate him won't admit that.

Yup! Smithies, Moore and ack my top 3 in a side where most played well :thumbright:

They were my top 3 as well :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby skidemin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:26 am

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:It is easy because he's slow, sideways and can't tackle.

Didn't see first half at Forest so can't comment but second half he was anonymous.

No where near a top end Championship player which was proved last season by our games with him and then without him.

Not fit to lace Gunnars boots.

Where would he be if not with us? Warnock certainty won't come knocking.

he would still be Bristols captain i assume.. i agree he wouldnt lace Gunners boots but there were plenty on here that thought much the same of Gunner.. unfortunately gunner left along with arter and camarasa.. and we had a big downgrade..taking that in mind he really isnt as bad as some { the ones that think 3mill gets you david silva } want to make out
skidemin

Postby Nickoblue23 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 pm

For me he was at fault for 3 crucial goals in the play offs last season. He should have never started in those 2 huge games against Fulham.

That's gone now, new season and I hope he wins player of the year. His delivery from set pieces is excellent and we've struggled with that since Whits left the club.

Just because a player players CDM doesn't necessarily make them a good defender. I'm not expecting him to be Gary Medel but his understanding of what Medel and Gunner used to bring to that position is what's required. Pack isn't a youngster finding his feet.
Nickoblue23

Postby Blueman39 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:11 pm

Effort is the minimum the fans can expect from a player....the issue with Pack is his complete lack of pace and good sides simply pass around him which makes him look slow.
He’s too limited in what he can do but does always give all he’s got .
Blueman39

Postby davids » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:39 pm

It really is easy to aim jibes at Marlon today because he was absolute dogshite.

In fairness to him he was far from alone.
davids

Postby Jord1927 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Cost us the playoffs and is utter dogshite. This clip sums him up

https://twitter.com/dingfcjamie/status/ ... 2905578496
Jord1927

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:09 am

I'm sure there are lots of video clips to show Packs failings. But this one shows how slow Cunningham is, a bit of Reading skill and in fairness a determined Tomlin tracking back when we probably want him doing his stuff at the other end of the pitch
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Return to General Chat