Talk is that there is a meeting this afternoon At CCFC

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Talk is that there is a meeting this afternoon At CCFC

Postby thomasblue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:27 pm

Simple maths shows if every player in the 25 man squad took £500 a week pay cut from the thousands they earn every week we would save £50k in wages a month

That would save a minimum of 25 full time jobs on employees earning 2k a month

In reality most earn a lot less than that so it would probably save 35/40 full time jobs

Given most earn 10k plus it is a small price to pay temporarily until fans are let back in the grounds.
thomasblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:47 pm

thomasblue wrote:Simple maths shows if every player in the 25 man squad took £500 a week pay cut from the thousands they earn every week we would save £50k in wages a month

In reality most earn a lot less than that so it would probably save 35/40 full time jobs

Given most earn 10k plus it is a small price to pay temporarily until fans are let back in the grounds.

if you were one of the lower paid and not previously had good contracts how willing would you be to forfeit a similar chunk of your wages that established players who have earned far more for much longer forfeit...and then watch the club spend 2million pounds or whatever it was plus wages on moore.... give Nelson a new contract..i presume its on better money...and whoever else is in the pipeline....be a great gesture if some were to do it . but would you fund your replacement ?
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:07 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Simple maths shows if every player in the 25 man squad took £500 a week pay cut from the thousands they earn every week we would save £50k in wages a month

if you were one of the lower paid and not previously had good contracts how willing would you be to forfeit a similar chunk of your wages that established players who have earned far more for much longer forfeit...and then watch the club spend 2million pounds or whatever it was plus wages on moore.... give Nelson a new contract..i presume its on better money...and whoever else is in the pipeline....be a great gesture if some were to do it . but would you fund your replacement ?

It is like a normal job earning 300 a week and the boss coming up to you saying take a £25 pay cut for a few months until things get better and we can keep on a load of guys then yes I would do it. That is the same thing just not at the level these players get paid.

You can dress it up any way you like.
Even if they split it in different ways on a percentage then they could easily keep a load of these staff who are probably struggling already after lockdown.

Without these staff, the players would have nothing. It will be disgraceful if they do nothing to help prevent this just like they did in lockdown.
thomasblue

Postby blue lagoon » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:17 pm

Most of my mates on 4 day week and 200 worse off.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:39 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Most of my mates on 4 day week and 200 worse off.

Wow. I want a job with those guys!!

200 notes a day
Big Hill Blue

Postby skidemin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:57 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It is like a normal job earning 300 a week and the boss coming up to you saying take a £25 pay cut for a few months until things get better and we can keep on a load of guys then yes I would do it. That is the same thing just not at the level these players get paid.

Even if they split it in different ways on a percentage then they could easily keep a load of these staff who are probably struggling already after lockdown.

Without these staff, the players would have nothing. It will be disgraceful if they do nothing to help prevent this just like they did in lockdown.

just answer the question...would you take a cut for your employer to bring in a better replacement..?
its not dressing it up.. its hapened.... and our next signing ? are we offering them a real contract or do we ask them for a drop in wages a minute after theyve signed ?
skidemin

Postby thomasblue » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:19 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

just answer the question...would you take a cut for your employer to bring in a better replacement..?
its not dressing it up.. its hapened.... and our next signing ? are we offering them a real contract or do we ask them for a drop in wages a minute after theyve signed ?

Its not about being replaced on the pitch its about saving the jobs of behind the scenes staff.
Are any of those office staff going to replace the players on the Pitch?

If we can't afford a few hundred quid a month for staff we shouldn't be offing thousands a week to 18 year old to warm the bench

And yes if it saved a load of jobs I would take a small pay cut.
thomasblue

Postby bluesince62 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:01 pm

thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Its not about being replaced on the pitch its about saving the jobs of behind the scenes staff.
Are any of those office staff going to replace the players on the Pitch?

If we can't afford a few hundred quid a month for staff we shouldn't be offing thousands a week to 18 year old to warm the bench

And yes if it saved a load of jobs I would take a small pay cut.

The entertainment and hospitality industry are the ones who are suffering the most to date,people losing jobs left right and centre,sadly it's the way of the world at present, no employer is likely to pay staff for no work in return,and until fans are let in stadiums,and indoor events,there will be many more job losses :sad7: nobody's fault,bar the goverment imho.maybe they should pay all the ones who lose their jobs,as victims of a severe over hyping of a virus!! :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:16 pm

To save money each player that takes the knee should be fined a weeks wages. Those that do the racist fist pump should be fined a months pay packet.
I should be chairman I would save the club a packet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nuclearblue

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:52 pm

As nothing abou this meeting came out could it have been about todays development? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 am

So,,, exactly 20 days later does anyone know? Are we now witnessing the actions of this meeting,,, if it ever took place???
RICK+CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:44 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:So,,, exactly 20 days later does anyone know? Are we now witnessing the actions of this meeting,,, if it ever took place???

Rick,

A lot of part-time staff were let go.

There is a big over haul of every department and I can understand that as way you many jobs there.

But if we want to get back to the Premier they need to strengthen ASAP :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:So,,, exactly 20 days later does anyone know? Are we now witnessing the actions of this meeting,,, if it ever took place???

Rick,

There is a big over haul of every department and I can understand that as way you many jobs there.

But if we want to get back to the Premier they need to strengthen ASAP :bluebird:

Thanks Annis. Were the playing staff asked to take a pay cut? It was mentioned in another post that NH had taken a pay cut himself??
RICK+CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:09 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Rick,

Thanks Annis. Were the playing staff asked to take a pay cut? It was mentioned in another post that NH had taken a pay cut himself??

Rick,

The playing staff took no pay cut , just their wages deferred for two months .

Neil Harris took a pay cut :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat