Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Loic Damour '

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:41 am

Loic Damour officially joins Hearts

The club have just announced that Loic Damour has joined Hearts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Loic Damour '

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:42 am

All the best and good luck.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:42 am

Good luck to him, never let us down.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:52 am

Apparently signed a 4 yr contract with Hearts. He played brilliantly at Wolves 2 seasons ago keeping Neves quiet. Hope he has a good time north of the border. Sadly he had very little opportunity to play at City.

StT.
<><

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:58 am

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Apparently signed a 4 yr contract with Hearts. He played brilliantly at Wolves 2 seasons ago keeping Neves quiet. Hope he has a good time north of the border. Sadly he had very little opportunity to play at City.

StT.
<><

I see very little difference between him and Bacuna except the 4m fee.

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:09 am

Would have liked to have seen him given a chance as the last time we were in the championship he did well for us good luck at your new club

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 am

Good luck to him. A decent Championship player for us probably on much lower wages than some less dependable high cost players who are still with us!

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:Apparently signed a 4 yr contract with Hearts. He played brilliantly at Wolves 2 seasons ago keeping Neves quiet. Hope he has a good time north of the border. Sadly he had very little opportunity to play at City.

StT.
<><

That game (Wolves) is one that stands out in my memory for so many reasons (the win, the way we did it, Neil Warnock's reaction to the Wolves fans (quote) "They kept shouting at me, but I've never worked in a bank!" :lol: (unquote), the over-confident Wolves fans on the way in and their bitterness on the way out

Fantastic! :ayatollah:

But that, for me, was the game Loic Damour showed what he could do and I looked forward to watching him bed into the City team; yet it didn't happen and I'm not too sure why?

I wish him all the very best up at Hearts :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:54 pm

StT.
<><

Was he out of contact? If not,did we get a fee for him? :old: :bluebird:

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:30 pm

At least he left with some dignity and good wishes for Cardiff... and didn't say he always dreamed of playing for Hearts

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Chris Holmes wrote:At least he left with some dignity and good wishes for Cardiff... and didn't say he always dreamed of playing for Hearts

If he did say that,then that's him and Reid playing at the club's they dreamed of playing for :roll: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 am

I was disappointed we let Damour go, I think he was a solid Championship player, but not really given a chance. There have been a number of signings that this has happened to and then there are players that will never be dropped , however badly they play.
Having said that, Warnock's track record is 2nd to none.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:06 pm

Today shows what a ridiculous decision it was to let Damour go. We could have really done with his energy and quality in the middle today.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Today shows what a ridiculous decision it was to let Damour go. We could have really done with his energy and quality in the middle today.

He's crap

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Today shows what a ridiculous decision it was to let Damour go. We could have really done with his energy and quality in the middle today.

I don't see what we signed Bacuna when we had Demour.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:59 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

He's crap

In my opinion, our three best performances in our promotion season were beating Villa home, Wolves away and Leeds home - all games Damour played in.

Whatever your opinion, a big reason why we got promoted was because we had an energetic midfield, unsung heroes like Craig Bryson covered every blade of grass and pressed the opposition into making mistakes allowing us to pick up the second balls and win back possession high up the pitch. Our midfield today couldn't do that and Reading outplayed us in every department.

We fell apart after Pack went off because instead of having energetic midfelders like Damour or Bryson to step in, we have Vaulks and Bacuna, who simply can't do the dirty side of the game of pressing opponents, tracking runners and plugging gaps anywhere near as well.