FRIDAY 27th AUGUST UPDATE

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby carlccfc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:40 pm

City are trying to get in a Centre Half from the Premier League and they have been talking to West Ham, amongst other clubs, I am told that there are 2 players which City are interested in, they are Danny Gabbidon and Callum Davenport, I am told that if any of these came it would be one and not both.

With regards to Chris Riggott, City have arranged a game next week in which they will play him, the opponents are likely to be either Plymouth or Hereford. City are monitoring him closely because of his previous injuries.

On the injury front, OJ is fit to play tomorrow, as well as McPhail but McNaughton will miss tomorrow but return for Hull. The long term injuries are Chopra and Comminges.

Peter Whittingham has a contract offer from City but Whittingham knows that Forest are offering more, PW wants to stay at City but the contract on offer is a long way off what Forest are offering, the club want to keep Whitts but what will the player do ?

We will hopefully see a signing in the next few days and possibly another next week if Riggott is considered to be ok and we will see one or two move out.

Good luck to Ross at Leeds. :ayatollah:
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: FRIDAY UPDATE

Postby ridofrid » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Who is on the list to be shipped out in your opinion Carl ?
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
ridofrid

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks Carl.

I'd prefer Davenport myself.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby carlccfc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 pm

ridofrid wrote:Who is on the list to be shipped out in your opinion Carl ?

Taiwo and Rae.
NEATH BLUES

carlccfc

Postby Bluebird42 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:47 pm

I Reckon Rae, Taiwo and Gerrard to go.
Bluebird42

Postby joninian1927 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:City are trying to get in a Centre Half from the Premier League and they have been talking to West Ham, amongst other clubs, I am told that there are 2 players which City are interested in at West Ham and they are Danny Gabbidon and Callum Davenport, I am told that if any of these came it would be one and not both.

With regards to Chris Riggott, City have arranged a game next week in which they will play him, the opponents are likely to be either Plymouth or Hereford. City are monitoring him closely because of his previous injuries.

On the injury front, OJ is fit to play tomorrow, as well as McPhail but McNaughton will miss tomorrow but return for Hull. The long term injuries are Chopra and Comminges.

Peter Whittingham has a contract offer from City but Whittingham knows that Forest are offering more, PW wants to stay at City but the contract on offer is a long way off what Forest are offering, the club want to keep Whitts but what will the player do ?

We will hopefully see a signing in the next few days and possibly another next week if Riggott is considered to be ok and we will see one or two move out.

I thought that Davenport had negotiated his release from West Ham earlier in the season, therefore he would be a free transfer and we would not have to deal with West Ham. I am sure I heard he was also training with Leeds United as well
joninian1927

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:49 pm

I've got a feeling that Whittingham could be on his way out aswell???
RICK+CCFC

Postby Dafydd » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Davenport is a racist c**t, I hope we don't sign him.
Dafydd

Postby simon1927 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:59 pm

thanks carl :)

wasnt davenport on trial for beating his sister ? , and didnt both his legs get stabbed :?

id like a gabbidon riggott partnership at the back :) :ayatollah:
simon1927

Postby Dafydd » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 pm

simon1927 wrote:thanks carl :)

wasnt davenport on trial for beating his sister ? , and didnt both his legs get stabbed :?

His legs were stabbed by his sisters boyfriend (blatently obvious, but didn't come to court), because after he found out his sister was pregnant with a black mans baby, he went to her house, throwing around remarks such as "You'll be having a coon baby" and calling her a race traitor and that. Then he beat her up.

But he never got done for it, because he's a footballer, and footballers don't get done unless there is irrefutable proof that they did it.
Dafydd

Postby Back of the Net » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Davenport info...

Calum Ray Paul Davenport (born 1 January 1983) is an English footballer, who is currently on trial at Leeds United after being released by West Ham United. He plays as a centre back.

Due to the nature of the injury, his career is believed to be under threat.[26][27] On 16 October, Gianfranco Zola reported that Davenport had returned to Chadwell Heath for light training with the team following his release from the hospital.[28] However, in January 2010, West Ham suspended Davenport's wages until completion of the court case alleging breach of contract on his part when he was involved in the assault in August 2009.[29] His contract was terminated by mutual consent in March 2010
Back of the Net

Postby jbirdrules » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:City are trying to get in a Centre Half from the Premier League and they have been talking to West Ham, amongst other clubs, I am told that there are 2 players which City are interested in at West Ham and they are Danny Gabbidon and Callum Davenport, I am told that if any of these came it would be one and not both.

hopefully Chris Riggott does well, I do think he's a very good player, just a bit unlucky with injuries :)

Comminges? haven't heard that name in ages :lol:

also hope Rossco does well at Leeds :ayatollah:
jbirdrules

Postby carlccfc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Davenport info...

Calum Ray Paul Davenport (born 1 January 1983) is an English footballer, who is currently on trial at Leeds United after being released by West Ham United. He plays as a centre back.

Due to the nature of the injury, his career is believed to be under threat.[26][27] On 16 October, Gianfranco Zola reported that Davenport had returned to Chadwell Heath for light training with the team following his release from the hospital.[28] However, in January 2010, West Ham suspended Davenport's wages until completion of the court case alleging breach of contract on his part when he was involved in the assault in August 2009.[29] His contract was terminated by mutual consent in March 2010

Cheers :ayatollah:
NEATH BLUES

carlccfc

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:29 pm

I didnt realise Gabbidon played 90mins against Bolton last week.
2blue2handle

Postby stickywicket » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if we cash in on Whitts.
Keogh can play out wide.
We could do with someone like Jason Roberts up front.
There’s also the possibility of [if we sell Whitts] making the Keogh move permanent and
Bringing in another loan signing.
stickywicket

Postby ae89 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:20 pm

I got a week of work next week , I wouldnt mind going to watch this but they never seem to say where/when the reserves play (the rare times they do!)
ae89

Postby Lawnmower » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Any news on Blake's injury ?
Lawnmower

Postby RichardBluebird » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Any news on Blake's injury ?

According to Matthews today Blake is playing tomorow and Matthews is on bench.
RichardBluebird

Postby maccydee » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:55 pm

Dafydd wrote:

His legs were stabbed by his sisters boyfriend (blatently obvious, but didn't come to court), because after he found out his sister was pregnant with a black mans baby, he went to her house, throwing around remarks such as "You'll be having a coon baby" and calling her a race traitor and that. Then he beat her up.

But he never got done for it, because he's a footballer, and footballers don't get done unless there is irrefutable proof that they did it.

How do you know this for a fact?
maccydee

Postby the other Bob Wilson » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:49 am

carlccfc wrote:Peter Whittingham has a contract offer from City but Whittingham knows that Forest are offering more, PW wants to stay at City but the contract on offer is a long way off what Forest are offering, the club want to keep Whitts but what will the player do ?

How come Forest are offering Whittingham a wage when he isn't free to talk to other clubs until six months before his contract runs out? They should not be in a position to do so until January and yet it appears that they have already been talking terms - when you also consider their Chief Executive's naive comments about Whittingham and Darren Pratley a fortnight ago, it looks like some rules are being broken somewhere but, then again, they are not signing players on loan that others think they are not entitled to, so I suppose nobody at the Football League is that bothered.
the other Bob Wilson

Postby john52 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:56 am

Signing players in on loan IS LEGAL Talking to players before before they should ?There again we are Cardiff City
john52

Postby carlccfc » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:29 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Peter Whittingham has a contract offer from City but Whittingham knows that Forest are offering more, PW wants to stay at City but the contract on offer is a long way off what Forest are offering, the club want to keep Whitts but what will the player do ?

How come Forest are offering Whittingham a wage when he isn't free to talk to other clubs until six months before his contract runs out? They should not be in a position to do so until January and yet it appears that they have already been talking terms - when you also consider their Chief Executive's naive comments about Whittingham and Darren Pratley a fortnight ago, it looks like some rules are being broken somewhere but, then again, they are not signing players on loan that others think they are not entitled to, so I suppose nobody at the Football League is that bothered.

Paul, I think it a case of the agent sounding out ' the options ' available to Whitts, we all know this goes on in the game but is often ignored.
NEATH BLUES

carlccfc

Postby castleblue » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:13 am

carlccfc wrote:
the other Bob Wilson wrote:

Paul, I think it a case of the agent sounding out ' the options ' available to Whitts, we all know this goes on in the game but is often ignored.

I'm not sure how real this Forest thing is as DJ said yesterday in an interview that the club has been in discussion with Whitts and his representatives and he believes that there are only a few "Bits and Bobs" to sort out on the new contract. He also said Whitts is happy at the club and is not looking for a move, in fact he said that Whitts had not discussed anything with Forest.

He also said the club had started negoatiations with Chris Burke, Adam Matthews, Darcy Blake and had a meeting arranged with Jay Bothroyd and his agent next week.

DJ said the club had prioritised bringing his targets into the club and that was now complete with the exception of maybe another one of two both into and out of the club. The club was now focused on securing the futures of players who were already contracted to the club, albiet only one more season, but as the Malaysians had promised he did not have to sell any player he didn't want to the priority will now be securing new deals for these players.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
castleblue

Postby Bluebina » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 am

I'm not sure how real this Forest thing is as DJ said yesterday in an interview that the club has been in discussion with Whitts and his representatives and he believes that there are only a few "Bits and Bobs" to sort out on the new contract. He also said Whitts is happy at the club and is not looking for a move, in fact he said that Whitts had not discussed anything with Forest.

He also said the club had started negoatiations with Chris Burke, Adam Matthews, Darcy Blake and had a meeting arranged with Jay Bothroyd and his agent next week.

DJ said the club had prioritised bringing his targets into the club and that was now complete with the exception of maybe another one of two both into and out of the club. The club was now focused on securing the futures of players who were already contracted to the club, albiet only one more season, but as the Malaysians had promised he did not have to sell any player he didn't want to the priority will now be securing new deals for these players.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Here is the interview with Real Radio, DJ & GJ are doing a fantastic job :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.realradiowales.co.uk/news-sp ... /qe5t18up/
Bluebina

Postby Xcasual » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:58 am

Dafydd wrote:Davenport is a racist c**t, I hope we don't sign him.

How the f**k do you know that ? Was it in the paper ,papers never lie.do they ?
Xcasual

Postby thegoon » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Xcasual wrote:

when you put callum davenport into google the third choice is "callum davenport racist" and this comes up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -22368620/
thegoon

Postby Xcasual » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:15 pm

thegoon wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

when you put callum davenport into google the third choice is "callum davenport racist" and this comes up

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -22368620/

It doesn't state that callum is racist,it said his father is. Well I'd welcome him to Cardiff city with open arms .cheers
Xcasual

Postby Daya » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Dafydd wrote:

And who exactly gave you those " facts" ?
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Enough of Davenport, people....it ain't not him coming anyway because he's currently close to signing for Leeds United (quite appropriate really, as he'll get on well with their crowd....if you knows what I means!! :x

I suspect (I don't know for definite....best read Carl's comments for that) that it'll be Gabbidon. For me, that would be great. However, as those who were at Pompey today wil agree, there are finally signs of a centre back pairing starting to gain an understanding....Hudson and Gyepes would you believe!! :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby billy ronson » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 am

He has played in last 2 games for WHU so not sure if Gabbidon will be coming ?
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Next

Return to General Chat