Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should they swap ends at the CCs and put the families back at the Canton end.

You may select 1 option

View results

Should they put the families back in the Canton end

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 pm

I have voted yes, because the families are simply in the wrong place. We need our atmosphere back.

Re: Should they put the families back in the Canton end

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 pm

1 For a No ?

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 pm

somehow i cant see the location making any difference, unless your saying its just because your next to the away fans ?
but you wouldnt be anyway as there is the community area between them.
and while your not it can help in reducing our police bill

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:1 For a No ?

seeing as you wish to owst me im prepaired to stand up

yeh thats me

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm

It would probably help, but at the moment most of the noise is coming from the Canton end anyway and their the furthest away from the away fans. We need more noise in the Ninian though.
Hopefully next season might improve with people moving around though

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

yeh thats me

I think the away fans and home fans will be able to hear each other creating more of an atmosphere. the problem with being in the Canton stand is that you cant hear the away fans so no banter.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:14 pm

4 for a no

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:16 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

yeh thats me

I think the away fans and home fans will be able to hear each other creating more of an atmosphere. the problem with being in the Canton stand is that you cant hear the away fans so no banter.

I voted YES.

As we said in the other thread, it is all disjointed now and MUST be returned to how it was at NP, or the Cardiff City Stadium will forever be a sterile, emotionless bowl!.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:20 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:4 for a no

Maybe they all like it where they sit in the new family stand?.

;)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:25 pm

Bluebandit wrote:

;)

Maybe, but they could still sit there if they wanted. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:35 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:
Bluebandit wrote:

;)

Maybe, but they could still sit there if they wanted. :ayatollah:

Yes. At NP, When did the family stand ever start any chanting or singing.

The away supporters cannot be heared at the new Canton end and banter rapidly dies. because the setup has changed.

At NP, there was a "Horseshoe" shape of noise, now it's like a "Horseshit" type of noise!!.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

It's been said loads of times before, but except for a couple of choice games and even then only in certain parts of the ground (granted Block A upper Grange End were always the most vocal) NP was a library.

This comes from my own proof from when I had a season ticket in Block B upper (Chopra's first season) and on the BBT for the rest since around 2003. The BBT atmosphere was particularly poor and even in Block B upper we only got a chant started about a dozen times in the whole season when Block A was really rocking.

What the CCS could really do with IMHO is a roof extension that angles down towards the pitch. The current roof, although looking enclosed, just lets everything drift off.

Also, something the NSA could get stuck into would be the proper implementation of the Ultras idea in the Canton and the flags throughout the rest of the ground including maybe getting the wembley flag hung from one of the stands etc - there's always so many good ideas that just get forgotten about after a short while because people backing the idea, don't back the implementation. Just a thought.

** I've just thought - if the NSA was a proactive group that made for an awesome fan experience like the Italians do (flags, banners, ticker tape etc) then I'd be right behind it as they're definately a need for that sort of input**

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 pm

i made a big mistake in buying my season ticket in the grange thinking of the old grange ! :ayatollah: wasnt the best of ideass

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:53 pm

mannings10 wrote:i made a big mistake in buying my season ticket in the grange thinking of the old grange ! :ayatollah: wasnt the best of ideass

I am off now and will catch up on this tomorrow. But a mate of mine is in the Grange for the same reason and hates it in there.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

As someone who goes in the Grange end with my brother I would 'Yes' and I would happily swap to the Canton to help the atmosphere, the only reason I'm in the Grange end is cos I can afford to buy my brother a season ticket for this end.