Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

harry carpenter r.i.p

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:36 pm

so sad to hear the passing of harry carpenter.a realy nice guy who had time for everyone.met him in jurys in dublin a few years back,shared a table for a late meal.he talked to me as if we known each other for years. :cry: :cry:

Re: harry carpenter r.i.p

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:22 pm

Some of my earliest memories are Harry Carpenter commentating on the classic fights.

However, the one I will always remember was Burno vs Tyson when big Frank landed a punch on Tyson and he wobbled, Harry completely lost his cool as urged Bruno to follow up by screaming "Go on Frank, Go on Frank"

It wasn't to be as FB missed his chance and Tyson flattened him a couple of rounds later

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:47 pm

RIP Harry great guy.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Great sports commentator RIP

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Some of my earliest memories are Harry Carpenter commentating on the classic fights.

However, the one I will always remember was Burno vs Tyson when big Frank landed a punch on Tyson and he wobbled, Harry completely lost his cool as urged Bruno to follow up by screaming "Go on Frank, Go on Frank"

It wasn't to be as FB missed his chance and Tyson flattened him a couple of rounds later

I remember that well, "Get in there Frank".

The guy was a great commentator, RIP Harry.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm

RIP Harry.......what a legend.Have enjoyed many years of his boxing commentries.....you will forever be in my mind.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:22 pm

yep RIP harry :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Spoke to him up in London once and I was shocked at his boxing Knowledge.He had real feel for the game and he knew lots of the fighters from the welsh valleys that i thought he may not have known or heared about.He took time out to talk to us that night and was a real gentleman.Sorry to hear he had passed on today and my thoughts go out to his family.
R.I.P.