Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Vs Man Utd

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 pm

What is it with getting the stadium full. I have had to miss a few home games this season and struggle to give my season ticket away, most kids are not interested and only want to support the usual top 4.

Cant understand it, i know Cardiff City dont have the on-field class of the top 4, but thats not the point.

When i started going, i never went for the classy football when the likes of Bury and Barnet came down to play us, but enjoyed the singing, drinking, banter, football (yes we could play a bit), naughty stuff and just a good time. Maybe football came second in the sense thst i never stood and watched a match all the way through from start to finish as i was having a laugh/banter as well as watching bits of the match.

I know the buzz aint there today like it was in the 80s (mid to late 80s for me), so the younger kids coming through have not got the freedom some of us had back then. Even if we were losing we could still have a good time.

To Man Utd. I was never and still aint interested in any team other than City, cant understand people who support these teams and never go, where is the passion that you only get by going to matches reglary, meeting new people and the buzz before the match in the pubs.

One a Bluebird always a Bluebird. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City Vs Man Utd

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:09 pm

Yep

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm

its not as bad now as it was

when i was in primary school(87-93) all the kids liked liverpool and man utd

i think some of them had no idea there was a pro team in cardiff

at least these days you do see kids wearing city shirts :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:42 pm

murphy wrote:its not as bad now as it was

I know what you mean, to be honest until i was 14, i never though of going down the city, because no-one ever talked about it. Then when you start meeting with like minded people i couldn't get enough.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:55 pm

i`ve never understood it. take the watford game for example. My boys love football but my 10 yr old just didnt want to go, i literally had to coax my 15yr old stepson to come with me. The pre match buzz etc isnt the same for kids i dont think. they get their buzz from the x box or playstation. I just dont know. When i was young i used to love going out and i dont just mean football. I cant even get the kids excited about a day trip to the zoo or bowling for ex. Lazy bastards getting.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 pm

I have had it up to my eye balls of these pathetic losers.

Take a look at this thread I done last night.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9884

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 pm

nugent wrote:i`ve never understood it. take the watford game for example. My boys love football but my 10 yr old just didnt want to go, i literally had to coax my 15yr old stepson to come with me. The pre match buzz etc isnt the same for kids i dont think. they get their buzz from the x box or playstation. I just dont know. When i was young i used to love going out and i dont just mean football. I cant even get the kids excited about a day trip to the zoo or bowling for ex. Lazy bastards getting.

when i started going down i went with my mates and we used to walk on the bob and it was a terrace then, it would be buzzing 20 mins b4 the game kicked off, people chanting, bouncing, the old charge from the back of the bob down the terrace.

Now imagine as a kid going now, its get in there and sit down.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:23 pm

agree with all above posts. and that kids are lazy swines, mine wont get of the chair to change channel if there is no remote.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:02 pm

murphy wrote:its not as bad now as it was

Same for me when I was in primary and High school everyone talking about Utd/L'pool/Arsenal (not much of Chelsea then!) and arse licking Giggs

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:55 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:What is it with getting the stadium full. I have had to miss a few home games this season and struggle to give my season ticket away, most kids are not interested and only want to support the usual top 4.

Cant understand it, i know Cardiff City dont have the on-field class of the top 4, but thats not the point.

When i started going, i never went for the classy football when the likes of Bury and Barnet came down to play us, but enjoyed the singing, drinking, banter, football (yes we could play a bit), naughty stuff and just a good time. Maybe football came second in the sense thst i never stood and watched a match all the way through from start to finish as i was having a laugh/banter as well as watching bits of the match.

I know the buzz aint there today like it was in the 80s (mid to late 80s for me), so the younger kids coming through have not got the freedom some of us had back then. Even if we were losing we could still have a good time.

To Man Utd. I was never and still aint interested in any team other than City, cant understand people who support these teams and never go, where is the passion that you only get by going to matches reglary, meeting new people and the buzz before the match in the pubs.

One a Bluebird always a Bluebird. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good post mate.............I am very much the same!! :old:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:09 pm

I supose to some people football is juat a product and they want the best, that's why hey follow the likes of man utd.

Football to me was all about having a laugh etc and when we won I could genuinely mean "WE" for all there glory no Man Utd fan fron south wales can get the same feeling that i get when "we" score, it's a personal thing, like a family thing.
for the glory hunters it must be shallow.

I have to amit though i do like their style very much......but there's no chemistry