Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HUNDREDS OF NEW RIVERSIDE SCARFS HAVE BEEN

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Ordered in For Wednesdays game, as Billy Sold the lot on Sunday, I told the Trust they should of done this, but it went on deaf ears,but then I was nobody just a member.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Cardiff ... f_City.htm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: HUNDREDS OF NEW RIVERSIDE SCARFS HAVE BEEN

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:00 pm

How much is he selling them for? ;) ;)

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:01 pm

I think this will catch on. Alot of people may not of wanted to put there faces to a march . As where I think the scarfs people will feel more comfortable with as they are putting there feelings across whilst supporting the team :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:11 pm

I like the scarves

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:12 pm

another thing there very good quality aswell!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Bourne Blue wrote:How much is he selling them for? ;) ;)

£5, it is worth it

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:39 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ordered in For Wednesdays game, as Billy Sold the lot on Sunday, I told the Trust they should of done this, but it went on deaf ears,but then I was nobody just a member.

The main argument against this widely supported idea appeared to be a concern that it would look like imitating the campaign of Manchester United fans. This was always a ridiculous argument as the objectives of both sets of supporters seem to have a hell of a lot in common and the connection to the "old club" holds much symbolism in terms of the tug of war between fans' and corporate interests. Another marketing opportunity and potential income stream lost for the Trust.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 pm

Uccello Azzurro wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ordered in For Wednesdays game, as Billy Sold the lot on Sunday, I told the Trust they should of done this, but it went on deaf ears,but then I was nobody just a member.

The main argument against this widely supported idea appeared to be a concern that it would look like imitating the campaign of Manchester United fans. This was always a ridiculous argument as the objectives of both sets of supporters seem to have a hell of a lot in common and the connection to the "old club" holds much symbolism in terms of the tug of war between fans' and corporate interests. Another marketing opportunity and potential income stream lost for the Trust.

We really could of helped the trust, if only certain individuals had listened.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Great Idea- exceptional quality for fiver.

Loads of fans asked what they were and loved the riddler out sentiment.

Gave mine away to young lad as his father said he wanted to get one for him.

I wouldnt give my riddler T shirt away though but he said he would get one.

The new merchandise definately got fans talikng.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Uccello Azzurro wrote:

We really could of helped the trust, if only certain individuals had listened.

Everyone's listening now. There will never be a better time to build the bridges and take on lessons. Better united I say.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I'll make sure I get one on Wednesday, didn't get one yesterday!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:39 pm

The scarves are brilliant. They are/will be a great success :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I cant see the logic in the trust not getting on board it would have be great to get a supporters group behind the idea. They seem to be too single minded and dont want to listen to any other ideas. Let hope a supporters group do get behind it and to see most fans wearing the scarves by the end of the season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Owain wrote:I'll make sure I get one on Wednesday, didn't get one yesterday!

Sack him annis! :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Annis please don't turn the wearing of a Riverside FC scalf into an anti trust thing. I am happy to wear the scalf to get the riddler out and I am a trust member. I am far from convinced about a new NSA but as Gwyn said each to their own and ultimately we all support Wales premier football club.

But I don't feel I could wear the anti riddler scalf if it was seen to symbolise and anti trust thing.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 pm

cheppy wrote:

Annis please don't turn the wearing of a Riverside FC scalf into an anti trust thing. I am happy to wear the scalf to get the riddler out and I am a trust member. I am far from convinced about a new NSA but as Gwyn said each to their own and ultimately we all support Wales premier football club.

But I don't feel I could wear the anti riddler scalf if it was seen to symbolise and anti trust thing.

Ok Cheppy Def not, its not against them, I PROMISE YOU.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:57 pm

cheppy wrote:

i dont think annis was suggesting it as a anti trust thing, he was just saying the trust had the chance to produce and sell the scarves, they chose not to.
annis is in no way suggesting the scarves be used as an anti trust symbol. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 pm

rob wrote:
cheppy wrote:

i dont think annis was suggesting it as a anti trust thing, he was just saying the trust had the chance to produce and sell the scarves, they chose not to.
annis is in no way suggesting the scarves be used as an anti trust symbol. :ayatollah:

Totally Correct Rob :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cheppy wrote:

Ok Cheppy Def not, its not against them, I PROMISE YOU.

Fair enough ;) cheers.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:14 pm

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Cardiff ... f_City.htm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Do they sell them in the club shop ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 pm

wells united wrote:Do they sell them in the club shop ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:37 pm

SHAME they didnt do a smaller version for kids at half the price lol

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Jez wrote:SHAME they didnt do a smaller version for kids at half the price lol

Cut one in half?

two for the price of one :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Owain wrote:
Jez wrote:SHAME they didnt do a smaller version for kids at half the price lol

Cut one in half?

two for the price of one :lol:

PMSL Owain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remove that suggestion right now lol some daft bugger will do it then complain it unravelled by the time he got to the stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Happy with my Riverside scarf, good quality and nice colours, well worth the £5 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Gloucester Bluebird wrote:Happy with my Riverside scarf, good quality and nice colours, well worth the £5 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: