Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STICK TOGETHER,DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:17 pm

taffy apple , thats rubbish to be fair

the surveys were carried out by volunteers

another totally incorrect rumour passed off as fact

if we spent loads of money on these " expensive surveys " then I certainly didnt get paid any of it

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 pm

No, I haven't resigned from the Trust, I'm also a fully paid up CCSC member, and support both groups. The Trust have a place, wissh I could get involved but would find it hard and frustrating to operate under the constraints they have to.

We don't need another Trust, we don't need another Official supporters club, but possibly a direct action group type of thing for the common fan is called for, minimal rules, minimal officers, but a group independent and answerable only to their members, we shall see, but keeping an open mind at present.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Sludge wrote:taffy apple , thats rubbish to be fair

the surveys were carried out by volunteers

another totally incorrect rumour passed off as fact

if we spent loads of money on these " expensive surveys " then I certainly didnt get paid any of it

I'll concede i was misinformed then? But either way, as much as it'll be good in the long run to get more
local people down the City (of whatever ethnicity) it smacked to me of pandering to a 'politically correct'
agenda rather than dealing with the most pressing issues, such as the club being run into the ground by
incompetence and lies. My opinion.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:30 pm

cheers taffyapple

when we did most of the work around the event ...which wasnt to get more ethnics down there ... the club was certainly not in the position it has been recently

events have moved very quickly

it wasnt long ago vince alm was slated for saying we had to stick with ridsdale for the time being ..and at that time he was right

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Taffyapple

I am sure you didn`t mean to , but your post comes across as a bit racist.

The survey you are talking about was done at no cost (other than the time given up by Trust volunteers) across the areas closest to the CCFC stadium. It wasn`t done to target any particular race , colour or religion - we got the views of everyone we spoke to who was willing to contribute and across a wide range of age groups.So the views of "Mr and Mrs Davies" were taken into account as much as your "Mr and Mrs Patel" , "Mr and Mrs O`Rourke" or anyone else.The only focus was to concentrate on areas closest to the ground.

And the purpose of the survey was to try and find out why people didn`t come to attend CCFC matches regularly , and what the club could do to encourage them to do so more often. More people attending = more cash for the club each matchday.

This was then followed up by a meeting at the ground with representatives of various ethnic groups to enable the club to explain what its plans were to improve the position.Some free tickets were given out (not many) and this has led to some of those attending coming back as paying customers.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 pm

since62 wrote:Taffyapple

The survey you are talking about was done at no cost (other than the time given up by Trust volunteers) across the areas closest to the CCFC stadium. It wasn`t done to target any particular race , colour or religion - we got the views of everyone we spoke to who was willing to contribute and across a wide range of age groups.So the views of "Mr and Mrs Davies" were taken into account as much as your "Mr and Mrs Patel" , "Mr and Mrs O`Rourke" or anyone else.The only focus was to concentrate on areas closest to the ground.

And the purpose of the survey was to try and find out why people didn`t come to attend CCFC matches regularly , and what the club could do to encourage them to do so more often. More people attending = more cash for the club each matchday.

This was then followed up by a meeting at the ground with representatives of various ethnic groups to enable the club to explain what its plans were to improve the position.Some free tickets were given out (not many) and this has led to some of those attending coming back as paying customers.

Do you really have to use language like 'racist?'

It is this kind of thing which getting the Trust a bad name because whenever an individual asks an awkward question about the Trust they are more often than not confronted by a Trust Board officer who uses a smearing expressions like that.

I would also like to point out that whilst your efforts to engage with the local community was very commendable and I accept it was all done on a voluntary basis, it does of course raise the obvious question why didn’t the Trust do a far easier survey of your own membership to gain a creditable position on backing the march?

Even if the result of such a survey had been a vote against backing the march, the Trust would have saved itself hell of a lot of grief by avoiding the total cop out policy it eventually decided to follow.

That is the fundamental reason why the new organisation is being proposed, many of those who were Trust members are sick of being taken for granted and want a greater say in the way things are run, which doesn’t involve having to attend meetings held far away from where they live on nights which are not convenient.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:28 pm

well I was about to try and suggest a trust meeting up at blue chegs pub if he was up for it ...merthyr area for our valleys fans ..but thats clearly unlikely to happen now

we discussed it the other night at a community group meeting

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Sludge wrote:well I was about to try and suggest a trust meeting up at blue chegs pub if he was up for it ...merthyr area for our valleys fans ..but thats clearly unlikely to happen now

Why not? That is something which should have happened ages ago.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:48 pm

BigGwynram wrote:No, I haven't resigned from the Trust, I'm also a fully paid up CCSC member, and support both groups. The Trust have a place, wissh I could get involved but would find it hard and frustrating to operate under the constraints they have to.

We don't need another Trust, we don't need another Official supporters club, but possibly a direct action group type of thing for the common fan is called for, minimal rules, minimal officers, but a group independent and answerable only to their members, we shall see, but keeping an open mind at present.

That seems a very clear way of looking at it Gwyn.

I can't disagree with any of it.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sludge wrote:well I was about to try and suggest a trust meeting up at blue chegs pub if he was up for it ...merthyr area for our valleys fans ..but thats clearly unlikely to happen now

It would be a good idea, but whether Cheggers and co will agree to it I'm not sure.

Definitely a step in the right direction

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:54 pm

CF11 wrote:

It would be a good idea, but whether Cheggers and co will agree to it I'm not sure.

Definitely a step in the right direction

Well don't make assumptions, Cheggers is a pub landlord and he will take anyones cash he severed Ridsdale the other day. :lol:

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:54 pm

since62 wrote:Taffyapple

Do you really have to use language like 'racist?'

It is this kind of thing which getting the Trust a bad name because whenever an individual asks an awkward question about the Trust they are more often than not confronted by a Trust Board officer who uses a smearing expressions like that.

I would also like to point out that whilst your efforts to engage with the local community was very commendable and I accept it was all done on a voluntary basis, it does of course raise the obvious question why didn’t the Trust do a far easier survey of your own membership to gain a creditable position on backing the march?

Even if the result of such a survey had been a vote against backing the march, the Trust would have saved itself hell of a lot of grief by avoiding the total cop out policy it eventually decided to follow.

That is the fundamental reason why the new organisation is being proposed, many of those who were Trust members are sick of being taken for granted and want a greater say in the way things are run, which doesn’t involve having to attend meetings held far away from where they live on nights which are not convenient.

Tony for me that issue is a dead duck. I'm a Trust member, but I didnt want the trust telling me to march or not to march. Especially as they didnt organise it. Pobably would have been even more members resigning for one reason or the other if it had swung either way, especially without a proper ballot, whcih there wasnt time for.

On the subject of meetings which has also been touched on elsewhere there is always the Trust messageboard, web-site etc.. if there is a particular point to be made.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:02 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It cracks me up when people say there will be more divides if we have another supporters group, another messgae board etc.
What a load of TOSH, we will never sing from the same hymn sheet.

Cardiff fans as with other clubs come from all walks of life, some like getting drunk and going to games, others can't undertsand it and slag them off, some like standing and are treated like criminals,some think that unless you've been going for 20 years your not a real fan,and heaven help you if you have a second team you have a liking for, and if you only go now and then your a plastic, etc.etc.

It's all about tolerance, and some people are sadly lacking it, personally I like all the different walks of life attracted to football,I like what it means in so many different ways to all of us.Why do some people expect us all to want the same things, and all to do the same things.
If people want to march, then let them, if they want to wear Riverside scarves then let them, My God are they harming anyone, isn't life about choices, you make your choice and live with the outcome, leave people make their own minds up.
Seeing people carrying clecks between message boards, Jonny said this and Bob said that, does anyone really expect us all to agree on anything, let alone agree on evrything.

Listen, if this message board attracts the numbers it does, then it's doing it for a reason and to a lot of people it's obviously what they want and are happy to use it, people criticising this board or others isn't going to change people's mind set, just get on with it, tolerate one another. If there is no demand for this board it will pass into oblivion,if other people want to set up another ten boards, then set them up, what's the problem with that. If you don't like the tone, or theme on these boards "THEN DON'T f*cking GO ON THEM" stick to the ones you like, and let other people get on with their lives.

Same goes for any supporters groups or clubs that want to set up, so what if there's twelve or twenty, we have an Official supporters club, which in my opinion is first class, we have a newly formed Trust which is in it's infancy and learning as it goes along, if you don't agree with eother groups running you either join them and make changes from within, or leave them run themselves, they don't claim to represent all Cardiff fans, that would be imposible,they only represent their members.

I feel strongly that we need a Trust, but personally I think they are taking the wrong direction and missed an opportunity by not supporting or even organising the march, just my opinion and If I was that bothered about the direction the trust was taking and wanted it to take a different one, then I'd get involved, but in truth I don't feel that strongly enough to want to do that, so until I do, I will just have eto accept what they do and leave them to it.

Now to have credibility they must have a certain level of members and this I feel is the crux of the matter.If either group are failing in their mission or direction then either the members pull it back in line or leave the group.

If other groups set up and take a different direction that appeals to more fans then possibly they will be given more credence, until such times let's all just live together and tolerate one another.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Definitely a step in the right direction[/quote]

Well don't make assumptions, Cheggers is a pub landlord and he will take anyones cash he severed Ridsdale the other day. :lol:[/quote]

TONY if only these words were true :lol: :lol: :lol: shame Cheggs just served the man!

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Severed would have been much better than served.lol

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 pm

Sludge wrote:gwymn makes some good points but are you agreeing with his incorrect assertion about numbers dayo ?

because since 62 will fill you in on the facts about that if you wish

I think that gwyn made some very important points at a recent trust meeting , he felt the trust needed to do far more with regard to getting out into our supporter heartland

organise a meeting up in one of the valley towns, get numbers in etc
in fact at another meeting just a few days ago I brought up the idea of contacting chegs on here about having a trust event up at his pub ..its in merthyr and we have a lot of superb suport up tehre and in the nearby towns

but to be honest , given the fact a new supporters association is being mooted on here I dont know if thats ever going to happen

and I think thats a shame

I am a member of the Trust and have offered them the use of Aberdare Rugby Club FOC (On 3 seperate occasions)) for a Trust meeting in the Valleys as i feel having all the meetings in Cardiff isolates a lot of members and potential members from the Valleys.

I also agree 100% with Gwyns original post that we are all Cardiff City fans each with our own opinion and therefore you are always going to have disagreements but i believe if you want to change something then change it from within.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Sludge wrote:cheers taffyapple

when we did most of the work around the event ...which wasnt to get more ethnics down there ... the club was certainly not in the position it has been recently

events have moved very quickly

it wasnt long ago vince alm was slated for saying we had to stick with ridsdale for the time being ..and at that time he was right

Nonsense Sludge, Ridsdale has been milking the cow dry since his arrival.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 pm

I agree dayo

but the post thats suggested we were doing nothing but organise ethnic days whilst everyone was watching ridsdale burn money is incorrect

remember that annis took the time and effort to arrange the muni meeting and he and all of us were treated to the usual smooze talk from ridsdale, telling everybody everything was ok

hes tried his best to pull the wool over everyobodys eyes

the trust a puppet of ridsdale ?

no chance

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It cracks me up when people say there will be more divides if we have another supporters group, another messgae board etc.
What a load of TOSH, we will never sing from the same hymn sheet.

Cardiff fans as with other clubs come from all walks of life, some like getting drunk and going to games, others can't undertsand it and slag them off, some like standing and are treated like criminals,some think that unless you've been going for 20 years your not a real fan,and heaven help you if you have a second team you have a liking for, and if you only go now and then your a plastic, etc.etc.

It's all about tolerance, and some people are sadly lacking it, personally I like all the different walks of life attracted to football,I like what it means in so many different ways to all of us.Why do some people expect us all to want the same things, and all to do the same things.
If people want to march, then let them, if they want to wear Riverside scarves then let them, My God are they harming anyone, isn't life about choices, you make your choice and live with the outcome, leave people make their own minds up.
Seeing people carrying clecks between message boards, Jonny said this and Bob said that, does anyone really expect us all to agree on anything, let alone agree on evrything.

Listen, if this message board attracts the numbers it does, then it's doing it for a reason and to a lot of people it's obviously what they want and are happy to use it, people criticising this board or others isn't going to change people's mind set, just get on with it, tolerate one another. If there is no demand for this board it will pass into oblivion,if other people want to set up another ten boards, then set them up, what's the problem with that. If you don't like the tone, or theme on these boards "THEN DON'T f*cking GO ON THEM" stick to the ones you like, and let other people get on with their lives.

Same goes for any supporters groups or clubs that want to set up, so what if there's twelve or twenty, we have an Official supporters club, which in my opinion is first class, we have a newly formed Trust which is in it's infancy and learning as it goes along, if you don't agree with eother groups running you either join them and make changes from within, or leave them run themselves, they don't claim to represent all Cardiff fans, that would be imposible,they only represent their members.

I feel strongly that we need a Trust, but personally I think they are taking the wrong direction and missed an opportunity by not supporting or even organising the march, just my opinion and If I was that bothered about the direction the trust was taking and wanted it to take a different one, then I'd get involved, but in truth I don't feel that strongly enough to want to do that, so until I do, I will just have eto accept what they do and leave them to it.

Now to have credibility they must have a certain level of members and this I feel is the crux of the matter.If either group are failing in their mission or direction then either the members pull it back in line or leave the group.

If other groups set up and take a different direction that appeals to more fans then possibly they will be given more credence, until such times let's all just live together and tolerate one another.

Fookin Hell!!!! :o

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Sludge wrote:I agree dayo

but the post thats suggested we were doing nothing but organise ethnic days whilst everyone was watching ridsdale burn money is incorrect

remember that annis took the time and effort to arrange the muni meeting and he and all of us were treated to the usual smooze talk from ridsdale, telling everybody everything was ok

hes tried his best to pull the wool over everyobodys eyes

the trust a puppet of ridsdale ?

no chance

Be fair Sludge i warned u about the Smoozer 4 years ago...... it fell on deaf ears with those who thought better, maybe now TLG has done one , i should join and stand for election and sort the shambles out?

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 am

I can confirm that we had a conversation about ridsdale in which I felt he was better than sam hammam , but not by much

you said he was far far worse

I will put my hand up to that