Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If Jones takes us up despite all the background problems

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:21 am

Will anyone apologise for all the sh1t he's been given ?

Me. I've got an open mind about it, as long as he keeps improving then fine, but that means play-offs this year.

Re: If Jones takes us up despite all the background problems

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:26 am

Yep, no play offs no contract extension.

We pay him too much anyway

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:33 am

aint done a bad job, f**k all money to spend, like to see what he could do with a few quid to spend though.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:36 am

no. i think his ego has been keeping us back for too long. i.e. purse,thompson and now feeney and co. he needs to pick our best/fittest team not just his yes men.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:41 am

jamccfc wrote:no. i think his ego has been keeping us back for too long. i.e. purse,thompson and now feeney and co. he needs to pick our best/fittest team not just his yes men.

Even if that side takes us up ?

Most of the players out of the starting XI arent good enough to play in this divison and his biggest fault was signing them in the 1st place.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:09 am

how many times have we heard " the lads are tired" or " we have a small squad". how many games have we lost or drawn when he refuses to play fit players or change our formation, i.e. peterborough. he is tacticly inept and concieted. we might go up despite him not because of him.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:16 am

Jones leading us in the Premier League? I bloody hope not, he will be tactically outmanoeuvred in every game. :shock:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:52 am

I won't be slagging him off.

Cardiff City in the Premier League has been a pipe dream throughout my life.

If Jones can so much as get us there it'll be the biggest achievement anybody has done at this club in 30 years, that is an undeniable fact.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:36 am

Lawnmower wrote:Will anyone apologise for all the sh1t he's been given ?

Me. I've got an open mind about it, as long as he keeps improving then fine, but that means play-offs this year.

I think everyone is more pissed off at they WAY he's trying to get us into the premiership.

By this, i mean that we have thrown games away so easily under Jones, when he could have been a little more inteligent and altered tactics, players, changes etc etc ....

What i'm getting at is the fact that he does everything the HARD way, when he could have quite easily achived the same with half the stress, energy, help and knowledge!

If he gets us into the Premiership, then he DOES deserve a season with some cash to spend.... But if he still cant handle how hot it is in the kitchen, then he needs to climb back down to the league he's spent most of his working days in....

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:40 am

Lawnmower wrote:Will anyone apologise for all the sh1t he's been given ?

I wont be apologising Tim as I have nothing to apologise for. :D

If DJ took us up this year then there is no doubt in my mind that he will have achieved something beyond what seemed realistically feesible. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:03 pm

Outthought by many of the managers with teams struggling in the Championship. An extremely poor return when the City go behind in games. Jones is not for me.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Youl have to give him a go in the prem but i think we can do better than jones on much lower wages

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:48 pm

I'd apologise in that considering all that has gone on, getting to the Prem now would be a pretty great achievement.

However I still think that at £800k per season, he should have gone a couple of seasons ago.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:52 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:I'd apologise in that considering all that has gone on, getting to the Prem now would be a pretty great achievement.

However I still think that at £800k per season, he should have gone a couple of seasons ago.

the malaysians are intent on securing the stability on future finances at the club - so im pretty sure they won't be paying Jones £800,000 a year for his return! (Unless of course we can make it to the big time come MAY!) If we dont go up - Expect BIG changes if this take over goes to plan.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Merlin wrote:
BluebirdsFan101 wrote:I'd apologise in that considering all that has gone on, getting to the Prem now would be a pretty great achievement.

the malaysians are intent on securing the stability on future finances at the club - so im pretty sure they won't be paying Jones £800,000 a year for his return! (Unless of course we can make it to the big time come MAY!) If we dont go up - Expect BIG changes if this take over goes to plan.

I certainly hope so.

I'd be happy if the Malaysians fired dozens of over-paid staff if it meant we can re-build and hopefully be financially stable.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:50 pm

I like Jones. He's a good man and he's done well this season with such a little team full of injuries.
I don't see how people can moan at the moment, were in the play off spot so if we dont finish in the top six then moan

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 pm

With limited funds and thread bare squads, I feel Jones has done a good job. We complain about his strange tack-tick when we go be hind and give good leads away, which is justified.

If you look at his back ground he has achieved at Wolves and Southampton, at those clubs he was given sufficient fund to achieve. With the right backing which hopefully will soon follow we too can get to the promised land.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 pm

BlueView wrote:With limited funds and thread bare squads, I feel Jones has done a good job. We complain about his strange tack-tick when we go be hind and give good leads away, which is justified.

If you look at his back ground he has achieved at Wolves and Southampton, at those clubs he was given sufficient fund to achieve. With the right backing which hopefully will soon follow we too can get to the promised land.

A lot of the complaints and criticism are fair and justifiable. His substitutions, some of his man-management, some of his signings...

I have however seen some pretty awful stuff posted over the past few years.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:19 pm

if Jones takes us up i will personally apologize to him and allow him to beat me around the head with a footy boot. :D

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:23 pm

rob wrote:if Jones takes us up i will personally apologize to him and allow him to beat me around the head with a footy boot. :D

Can i do that anyway :lol: