Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TODAYS ECHO

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:10 pm

The City players visited Velindre cancer hospital yesterday and there's a picture of Joe Ledley with my daughter Becky on page 11.
It gave her a real lift so major thanks to all involved.My daughter was a season ticket holder last year, but with the cancer returning after a five year break she ain't had a chance to get down there much this year.

She's a real positive kid and she really deals with this so well,hoping to get the picture signed by Joe and it's something she'll treasure.Once again big thanks. :ayatollah:

Re: TODAYS ECHO

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 pm

I am glad it made her day Gwyn.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Nice one big feller,all the best to your daughter and yourself,good of the players too fair play.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The City players visited Velindre cancer hospital yesterday and there's a picture of Joe Ledley with my daughter Becky on page 11.
It gave her a real lift so major thanks to all involved.My daughter was a season ticket holder last year, but with the cancer returning after a five year break she ain't had a chance to get down there much this year.

She's a real positive kid and she really deals with this so well,hoping to get the picture signed by Joe and it's something she'll treasure.Once again big thanks. :ayatollah:

Good to see the players doing this, also best wishes to your daughter Gwyn for a speedy recovery.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:14 pm

nobby wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:The City players visited Velindre cancer hospital yesterday and there's a picture of Joe Ledley with my daughter Becky on page 11.

Good to see the players doing this, also best wishes to your daughter Gwyn for a speedy recovery.

ditto, same here big guy

baz

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Gwyn

Story`s like this puts life into perspective god bless your little daughter and your family i hope everything goes well.

Pont-y-pwl blue.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:46 pm

richyevs wrote:Gwyn

Story`s like this puts life into perspective god bless your little daughter and your family i hope everything goes well.

Pont-y-pwl blue.

Spot on I agree, best wishes to all of your family especially your daughter, and well done to the players...........

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:58 pm

credit to them. Best wishes to you your daughter and family Bigman.. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Take hat off to cardiff city players..... hope your daughter will be getting better and keep it going on...

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 pm

Gwyn,

Firstly all the best and I will save my prayers for Becky. I dont have access apart from online regards the Echo. How old is your Daughter?

There is far more life to that of football and we should all remember that whatever team we support.

Hopefully Becky will have the obvious determination of her Father and continue to win her next battle. Good luck both Father & Daughter.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Keep your Chin up Gwyn, From what you have told me about her in the past she is a real fighter. I was only just talking about her to Joanne. We are all thinking and hoping everything goes well for her.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 pm

She's just 22 and was a budding junior Welsh athlete, when at the age of 16 she was complaining of a persistent groin strain which on further examination proved to be an aggressive form of bone cancer osteosarcoma.

It resulted in her having a massive course of chemotherapy and the replacement of 10 inches of her femur and hip with a custom made titanium prosthesis,She was given the all clear a year later,and got straight back into living her life to the full.She most recently spent the last two years training to become a P.E. teacher, but that's now on hold.She was going to the gym,playing football and the mini cabriolet she had was her dream car and she really was the little lady about town.

The recent cancer showed up on one of the regular scans that cancer survivors regularly undergo, for it to return after 5 years is really rare, the first two years being the most risk.

She's got a real positive outlook and even said she was glad to lose her hair again because she enjoyed being bald last time. One day last week she said she can't understand why people are fussing around her coz it's not like she's ill. She got a great outlook and is really positive and it really helps all of us close to her, because if truth be told we are shitting ourselves.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:06 pm

a real battler like her old man, give her all our best wishes

baz

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Gwyn, words cant express my thoughts apart from love, spirit, determination to you and yours, fingers crossed for you and your loved ones.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:32 pm

All the Best ..Thoughts are with you and your family....-PORT TALBOT AND NEATH BLUEBIRDS.....

Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:13 pm

fair play gwyn your daughter sounds really positive,hope all goes well with the treatment and good luck mate

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:41 pm

I worked on a cancer ward as a nuring auxilary, so I see what cancer does to families. Velindre is a great hospital with plenty of intellgance inside it. I wish you and your daughter the best Gwyn.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Hay Gwyn, didn't know any of that mate! sorry to hear!

im sure everything will be ok, thoughts with you big man

Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:38 pm

BigGwynram wrote:She's just 22 and was a budding junior Welsh athlete, when at the age of 16 she was complaining of a persistent groin strain which on further examination proved to be an aggressive form of bone cancer osteosarcoma.

It resulted in her having a massive course of chemotherapy and the replacement of 10 inches of her femur and hip with a custom made titanium prosthesis,She was given the all clear a year later,and got straight back into living her life to the full.She most recently spent the last two years training to become a P.E. teacher, but that's now on hold.She was going to the gym,playing football and the mini cabriolet she had was her dream car and she really was the little lady about town.

The recent cancer showed up on one of the regular scans that cancer survivors regularly undergo, for it to return after 5 years is really rare, the first two years being the most risk.

She's got a real positive outlook and even said she was glad to lose her hair again because she enjoyed being bald last time. One day last week she said she can't understand why people are fussing around her coz it's not like she's ill. She got a great outlook and is really positive and it really helps all of us close to her, because if truth be told we are shitting ourselves.

With an attitude,mentality and determination like that she will no doubt beat this horrible disease.I've met Becky and know Gwyn well,she's an inspiration and a credit to Gwyn.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 am

Gwyn I will give you a ring later mate, keep your chin up :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am

what a fantastic attitude she has, I am blown away by her character. Maybe the Cardiff city players should be taking inspiration from her? Obviously my best wishes and hopes go out to her and also yourself. people often forget how much the family suffer as well.