Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NUMBER ONE SONG TO LEARN TO PLAY ON GUITAR

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Righty O,

Willy has decided to take up the guitar a bit more seriously than I did when I were a lad but it appears that my fingers just ain't what they used to be, they're more clitty massaging fingers rather than real heavy metal conger eel in the tight leather trousers type fingers now. :cry:

If, errmm for research purposes sort of thing, one was about to learn guitar what song/songs would be first on the list?

Re: NUMBER ONE SONG TO LEARN TO PLAY ON GUITAR

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 pm

smoke on the water :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 pm

stairway to heaven mate

piece of piss ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:33 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:smoke on the water :ayatollah:

Thats easy, play on open strings. Funnily enough I was "warming up" earlier and was trying to work out Three Blind Mice, I'm sure I've seen a video many years ago where Blackmore took the piss by playing three blind mice (Blackmore style so quite complex) before breaking into the riff

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Laz wrote:stairway to heaven mate

piece of piss ;) :ayatollah:

Try playing it on a twelve string!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:39 pm

always a toe tapper in my house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeE4mjS1BKM

:ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:always a toe tapper in my house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeE4mjS1BKM

Think I'll give that one a swerve, hevan knows I'm miserable now without watching some lefty prodigy blowingme off :oops:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:02 pm

i take it your no budding johhny marr in the making

well if you ever get up to those dizzy heights get your plectrum around this little ditty . a good tune on the bass too !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9VmAHwPEDY

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:12 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:smoke on the water :ayatollah:

Thats easy, play on open strings. Funnily enough I was "warming up" earlier and was trying to work out Three Blind Mice, I'm sure I've seen a video many years ago where Blackmore took the piss by playing three blind mice (Blackmore style so quite complex) before breaking into the riff

D.... A....... D... and so on... :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:16 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:i take it your no budding johhny marr in the making

well if you ever get up to those dizzy heights get your plectrum around this little ditty . a good tune on the bass too !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9VmAHwPEDY

More of a Gary Moore man myself but Mr Marr was indeed a fine axe man even if he did like to play it a spanish poof with a small male dog making dog love to his left leg.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Ah forgot to add, just had a bash from memory, "Every breathe you take" by the Police, what in the f**k is that chord Bm9 or something, had to look it up! That Andy Summers bloke for a short arse has long fingers. Still has had the desired effect, Willy is now practising message in bottle whilst typing messages on the net, hmm Dave Javoo, sort of ............. :?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:Ah forgot to add, just had a bash from memory, "Every breathe you take" by the Police, what in the f**k is that chord Bm9 or something, had to look it up! That Andy Summers bloke for a short arse has long fingers. Still has had the desired effect, Willy is now practising message in bottle whilst typing messages on the net, hmm Dave Javoo, sort of ............. :?

wonderful tonight by eric clapton

Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Here comes the sun.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:13 pm

steve davies wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:Ah forgot to add, just had a bash from memory, "Every breathe you take" by the Police, what in the f**k is that chord Bm9 or something, had to look it up! That Andy Summers bloke for a short arse has long fingers. Still has had the desired effect, Willy is now practising message in bottle whilst typing messages on the net, hmm Dave Javoo, sort of ............. :?

wonderful tonight by eric clapton

Excellent choice Steve, Clapton is slightly more advanced than me! Tears in Heavan gives an idea of how good the man is, I used to able to play Layla but my fingers and brain cell don't seem to like each other anymore.

I have a video lesson on Wonderful Tonight but it is something I've never tried to play.

I did promise my wife, bird at the time, that one day I'd play either wonderful tonight, lady in red or parisiene walkways and dance with her at the same time, nothing like a challenge Eh? I can't even dance!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Samba pa ti - Santana :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:12 am

van halen - eruption

nowhere near as hard as it sounds and it sounds really impressive when you nail it ;)

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:45 am

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:van halen - eruption

nowhere near as hard as it sounds and it sounds really impressive when you nail it ;)

Ain't talking bout love, I have absolutley no idea of the words but that is one mighty tune to play and very easy, the wangy bar thing takes a bit of practise but great double bend solo that even I can play.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:12 am

I would love to be able to play Maze of Torment by Morbid Angel