Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If threads don't get locked..

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:17 pm

In my opinion all this locking and deleting posts is making everything worse

Why not let people have their opinion? It's getting a bit stupid

If someone's posts and threads keep getting deleted of course they're going to keep posting again. Let it run, and we wouldn't have that problem.

We're not children! :ayatollah:

Re: If threads don't get locked..

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:20 pm

it gets out of hand, you all start abusing each other, if its discussed properly so be it

you can see our point,

thanks

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Locking threads is GAY! :D

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Merlin wrote:Locking threads is GAY! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Not really.

Things are getting out of hand tonight because things keep getting deleted and people are getting frustrated ( myself included! )

The majority on here are mature enough to have a decent debate, but it seems that if the mods don't like the opinion then it gets deleted.

Can't we try being a bit more lenient?! It's funny that anything about the trust or TLG never get deleted straight away

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Opinions great always welcome :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:25 pm

we wont delete anything thats not slagging or abusive towards other members

you can abuse anyfucker else, even me :D

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:25 pm

nerd wrote:
CF11 wrote:Not really.

Things are getting out of hand tonight because things keep getting deleted and people are getting frustrated ( myself included! )

The majority on here are mature enough to have a decent debate, but it seems that if the mods don't like the opinion then it gets deleted.

I'd bet if somebody claimed all trust members were sexual predators who molest old grannies, it would get deleted pretty quickly.

What is your problem with me?

How come anytime there seems to be a post about either of the above they end up being pages and pages, and even stickies recently!

Someone tries voicing their opinion tonight and they get deleted within about 0.2 seconds

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:26 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:we wont delete anything thats not slagging or abusive towards other members

There's been a few posts I've noticed tonight that definitely haven't been any of the above, and that goes for a lot of posts and threads that get deleted.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:29 pm

CF11 wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:we wont delete anything thats not slagging or abusive towards other members

There's been a few posts I've noticed tonight that definitely haven't been any of the above, and that goes for a lot of posts and threads that get deleted.

CF11 Cheer up, lets get rid of the Riddler.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:29 pm

CF11 we are trying to control this due to the TLG statement, he stated that the messageboards were a reason for him resigning, due to that we are trying to control the posts about him, its only fair

thanks

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:34 pm

I understand that, but I'm not talking about TLG threads in general.

Of course messageboards were a factor in him deciding to stand down, unfortunately this messageboard in my opinion was a huge factor.
Unfortunately certain 'big' names on here have a huge influence on a lot of members, so when they start disagreeing and abusing certain people, others tend to share the same opinion and join in.

I didn't see the threads getting deleted at the time. As long as the mods agree with the abuse then it's fine :lol:

And Annis, I'm happy don't worry. Don't really see what we can do to get rid of him at the moment though. I'm putting my trust in the Malaysians, and think they will probably know what they're doing!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:38 pm

And now my thread complaining about my no sniping allowed thread has been deleted.

Absolutely pathetic.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:39 pm

If these conversations continue on different threads they will be deleted, just keep to this one please.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:If these conversations continue on different threads they will be deleted, just keep to this one please.

Why was my thread about sniping locked and then deleted?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Why are they getting deleted though?

There's nothing abusive in them

People are trying to give their opinion, and they're getting their posts removed! Fair enough if there was a reason, or a counter arguement but there isn't

I want a democracy, not a dictatorship!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 pm

CF11 wrote:Why are they getting deleted though?

People are trying to give their opinion, and they're getting their posts removed! Fair enough if there was a reason, or a counter arguement but there isn't

What 14 topics all about TLG, come on enough is enough.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

None of them were about TLG as far as I'm aware.

The funny thing was when there were 14 topics about TLG there wasn't a problem

People are trying to give their opinion, and it's getting deleted straight away.

I suggest you maybe think of changing the way the forum is moderated. Especially if you want it to grow, people get fed up of not being allowed their opinion

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:45 pm

CF11 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

None of them were about TLG as far as I'm aware.

The funny thing was when there were 14 topics about TLG there wasn't a problem

People are trying to give their opinion, and it's getting deleted straight away.

I suggest you maybe think of changing the way the forum is moderated. Especially if you want it to grow, people get fed up of not being allowed their opinion

Great use this thread to say your complaints, why start more.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I have used this thread but my complaint hasn't been responded to.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm would be happy to do that, but not when my other thread just got deleted.

Can you explain why?

If one of your mates had posted a similar thread up then it would still be there.

It's just made the board look stupid in my opinion, by not letting people have their opinion

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I have used this thread but my complaint hasn't been responded to.

Whats the complaint ?

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:If these conversations continue on different threads they will be deleted, just keep to this one please.

This

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:49 pm

NJ73 wrote:

you know why 14 threads on the same subject........end of

CF11 wrote:I'm would be happy to do that, but not when my other thread just got deleted.

Can you explain why?

If one of your mates had posted a similar thread up then it would still be there.

It's just made the board look stupid in my opinion, by not letting people have their opinion

Whats your complaint as well ?

bluebirdbaz wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

They weren't though were they.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Because if we let the whole mb be about one person,about sniping,name calling, then I would rather you go else where, but if you want to debate that one person in one thread by all means do it all night :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CF11 wrote:I'm would be happy to do that, but not when my other thread just got deleted.

Can you explain why?

If you'd read my thread and posts before they got deleted maybe you'd know!

I don't know why I'm bothering posting to be honest :lol:

I'm all for having good debates and enjoy using the forum, but tonight and the completely unnecessary moderation has really put be off

It's a good forum Annis, but please don't ruin it my driving people away and putting people off with all this deleting and locking. That was the reason people didn't like ccmb

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:52 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Well I'm looking at the first page on this message board and there isn't one thread about it.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 pm

CF11 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Can you explain why?

If you'd read my thread and posts before they got deleted maybe you'd know!

I don't know why I'm bothering posting to be honest :lol:

I'm all for having good debates and enjoy using the forum, but tonight and the completely unnecessary moderation has really put be off

It's a good forum Annis, but please don't ruin it my driving people away and putting people off with all this deleting and locking. That was the reason people didn't like ccmb

CF 11, we hardly ever agree, but I do enjoy your debates :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: