Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE REALLY MUST PULL TOGETHER NOW!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:18 pm

TLG can be a prickly character and he has offended a number of posters over the years -- including me. But his resignation from the Trust is a savage blow to that organization. Whatever his failings he is an immensely gifted man who has put 100% effort into trying to move the Trust and the club forward. He will be very hard to replace, especially if abuse and threats are inherited by whoever takes over the job.

Any organization will die if it is constantly attacked from within and hope this does not happen to our trust. If the club is to move forward we will all have to grow up and join with each other to ensure the survival of our great club. :ayatollah:

:old:
CAL

Re: WE REALLY MUST PULL TOGETHER NOW!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:22 pm

caliburn wrote:TLG can be a prickly character and he has offended a number of posters over the years -- including me. But his resignation from the Trust is a savage blow to that organization. Whatever his failings he is an immensely gifted man who has put 100% effort into trying to move the Trust and the club forward. He will be very hard to replace, especially if abuse and threats are inherited by whoever takes over the job.

Any organization will die if it is constantly attacked from within and hope this does not happen to our trust. If the club is to move forward we will all have to grow up and join with each other to ensure the survival of our great club. :ayatollah:

CAL

Completely agree,

The trust really need to work hard now, and hopefully we can build a strong organisation

It is a big blow for the trust, and is pretty unfortunate.

Hopefully those who continually slag off the trust decide to either do something about it, by either joining or deciding the stand for election if they think they can do a better job

Let's not destroy the work that they've already put in and let's try and build a strong trust that can really represent the fans and work with the football club :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:34 pm

CF11 wrote:Hopefully those who continually slag off the trust decide to either do something about it, by either joining or deciding the stand for election if they think they can do a better job

See, this is where your view fails.

You're assuming those commenting about Trust activities, which people are entitled to do as CCFC fans a are somehow "jealous", "power crazed" et al. What about those who don't agree with a Trust? Or do you feel a standard answer to any criticism is "yeah, like you could do better?"

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Eddie, can you stop spamming that, yeah?

it's getting a tad boring.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:42 pm

I cannot think of one thing the Trust has really achieved. Just another talking
shop as far as I can see. Ridsdale has massaged a few egos, given the Trust a
false sense of its worth IMO

The protest march turned heads, got media attention, got Riddles panicking.

Direct action is the only way to deal with accomplished liars like Ridsdale

I think thats been proven

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 pm

nerd wrote:
CF11 wrote:Hopefully those who continually slag off the trust decide to either do something about it, by either joining or deciding the stand for election if they think they can do a better job

See, this is where your view fails.

You're assuming those commenting about Trust activities, which people are entitled to do as CCFC fans a are somehow "jealous", "power crazed" et al. What about those who don't agree with a Trust? Or do you feel a standard answer to any criticism is "yeah, like you could do better?"

Have you been drinking tonight?

Nowhere have I suggested anyone is jealous or power crazed.

What we've seen on here over the past few weeks are a fairly large number of people trying to undermine and slag off the trust and the way it's run. If they aren't members, then it shouldn't be much of a problem to them and maybe they should leave the trust get on with it.

If they are members then they are more than welcome to put forward their opinions and suggestions as to how it should be run, and I'm sure they would be welcomed.

Although, having said that it does seem as though there is a lot of 'jealousy' as you put it, and maybe that's the problem? Certain individuals don't like the fact they're not involved with the trust, and would rather try and disrupt the trust than see it succeed? I don't know, but it's the same people that continue to slag it off.

If somebody doesn't agree with the idea of a trust then that's fine, I don't see a problem with that - but if that's the case why not just leave them to get on with it?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 pm

CF11 wrote:Have you been drinking tonight?

No, that's the next stage of accusation.

What we've seen on here over the past few weeks are a fairly large number of people trying to undermine and slag off the trust and the way it's run. If they aren't members, then it shouldn't be much of a problem to them and maybe they should leave the trust get on with it.

If they are members then they are more than welcome to put forward their opinions and suggestions as to how it should be run, and I'm sure they would be welcomed.

All City fans love the club. If the Trust take actions, such as the PMG statement that people find strange, baffling and well, a bad step, if they aren't trust members they should just simple shut up? Great logic there!

Although, having said that it does seem as though there is a lot of 'jealousy' as you put it, and maybe that's the problem? Certain individuals don't like the fact they're not involved with the trust, and would rather try and disrupt the trust than see it succeed? I don't know, but it's the same people that continue to slag it off.

Is there jealousy? Not from my part. I assume you've evidence for that bold claim? "Certain individuals don't like the fact they're not involved with the trust" - well, here's an answer for you. If people wanted to be involved, they would be!

If somebody doesn't agree with the idea of a trust then that's fine, I don't see a problem with that - but if that's the case why not just leave them to get on with it?

Because Trust actions, like the PMG statement, can affect the club. Funnily enough, even non-Trust members love the club.

Still waiting for your evidence of threads here with threats towards TLG, by the way.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Well,
There's something wrong here isn't there! I had hoped to heal some wounds and to help us all to understand each other but it seems that resentment and hatred runs deep in some individuals who post here and on the other board. I can't believe that a critical comment from Annis that was dealt with amicably yesterday is being wheeled out to prove that anything I say must be vindictive or wrong.

I have faults , you have faults and so do we all, and that goes for both boards too. We will never have a great club while small minded and revengeful individuals chase each other out of sight. One mistaken sentence then qualifies regular criticisms I suppose. In the end, any gifted person posting here that we don't like will be driven out I it seems. That will be a great help to Cardiff City won't it? And also a great thrill for some vindictive egos in full flight.

CAL

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 pm

nerd wrote:
CF11 wrote:Have you been drinking tonight?

No, that's the next stage of accusation.

All City fans love the club. If the Trust take actions, such as the PMG statement that people find strange, baffling and well, a bad step, if they aren't trust members they should just simple shut up? Great logic there!

Is there jealousy? Not from my part. I assume you've evidence for that bold claim? "Certain individuals don't like the fact they're not involved with the trust" - well, here's an answer for you. If people wanted to be involved, they would be!

Because Trust actions, like the PMG statement, can affect the club. Funnily enough, even non-Trust members love the club.

Still waiting for your evidence of threads here with threats towards TLG, by the way.

I understand the PMG statement affects all Cardiff City fans which is fair enough, but I'm talking about the last few weeks before the statement even came out. People have been saying how useless the trust is because they haven't made any statements at all, and they should be speaking out. They bring out a statement along with CCSC and not people are saying they shouldn't have made it.
I'm not going to go into whether the statement was right or wrong.

You're also trying to put words into my mouth. The statement is a different issue really, people are complaining about how the trust is run, and how little it's achieved but most of these people aren't even members.

About the jealousy, that wasn't a claim. It was meant to be a possible reason, but perhaps I worded it wrongly. Besides you brought the jealousy idea up, I just thought that like you said it could be a reason.
I'm not talking about every fan that isn't a trust member. I completely understand that people don't see the point, or choose not to join and that is fair enough, but it does seem like the same names over and over again are continually trying to put the trust down.

I'll have a look for some of the threads, but I would imagine that most would have been deleted.
Almost every thread about TLG ended up as some sort of slagging match though
Also, being abusive isn't the same as threatening someone. I can't remember if I said there were threats, but finding abuse towards him shouldn't be too hard

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:10 pm

caliburn wrote:Well,
There's something wrong here isn't there! I had hoped to heal some wounds and to help us all to understand each other but it seems that resentment and hatred runs deep in some individuals who post here and on the other board. I can't believe that a critical comment from Annis that was dealt with amicably yesterday is being wheeled out to prove that anything I say must be vindictive or wrong.

I have faults , you have faults and so do we all, and that goes for both boards too. We will never have a great club while small minded and revengeful individuals chase each other out of sight. One mistaken sentence then qualifies regular criticisms I suppose. In the end, any gifted person posting here that we don't like will be driven out I it seems. That will be a great help to Cardiff City won't it? And also a great thrill for some vindictive egos in full flight.

CAL

Cal, come on, I have always respected you, I was hurt by your comments about the march, but lets just put it behind us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Evening Annis,
I hate seeing the support for our club being shredded into pieces by hot heads who have taken a strong dislike to each other. I only know one person involved on the boards and I know little of anyone's personal habits and traits. I dislike seeing people hounded and though I'm no great fan of TLGs attitudes I detest the hounding he's received and I believe he will be a loss to the Trust to which I belong.

I thought any misunderstandings between us were sorted yesterday by The Rhooster. He is a great asset to your board and a cool customer, in print anyway! I hope now that we can stop wheeling out cobweb covered statements of mine which ought to be long forgotten. It won't help relations between fans.

You ought to write a book. I think you could do it ! ;)

CAL

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:27 pm

caliburn wrote:Evening Annis,
I hate seeing the support for our club being shredded into pieces by hot heads who have taken a strong dislike to each other. I only know one person involved on the boards and I know little of anyone's personal habits and traits. I dislike seeing people hounded and though I'm no great fan of TLGs attitudes I detest the hounding he's received and I believe he will be a loss to the Trust to which I belong.

I thought any misunderstandings between us were sorted yesterday by The Rhooster. He is a great asset to your board and a cool customer, in print anyway! I hope now that we can stop wheeling out cobweb covered statements of mine which ought to be long forgotten. It won't help relations between fans.

You ought to write a book. I think you could do it ! ;)

CAL

Cal, ha ha, you have cheered me up, I will try and calm things down, but I think people are more interest in Ridsdale, than anyone else at this moment. Rhooster is a great laugh on here and also knows how to keep control :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:30 pm

caliburn wrote:Well,

CAL

Cal I really can not understand why you bother, your post are always quality irrespective of your opinions, it seems that certain people on this board fail to see the obvious and simply use the forum to flag their agendas. Anything that they fail to agree with gets the aggression bit. and sometimes the old 4 letter vocab. As for TLG he,at the very least deserved respect for the work he put in, after all he was an elected member of the trust board by the the members of the trust and in my view his opinions signed TLG were his opinions and not that of the trust so why the over the top reaction by the anti trust brigade
mainly from this board.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Annis wrong - I am far more interested in about 10 females on Juggworld than the Riddler. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:33 pm

dorsetblue wrote:Annis wrong - I am far more interested in about 10 females on Juggworld than the Riddler. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 pm

dannyblue wrote:Cal I really can not understand why you bother, your post are always quality irrespective of your opinions, it seems that certain people on this board fail to see the obvious and simply use the forum to flag their agendas. Anything that they fail to agree with gets the aggression bit. and sometimes the old 4 letter vocab. As for TLG he,at the very least deserved respect for the work he put in, after all he was an elected member of the trust board by the the members of the trust and in my view his opinions signed TLG were his opinions and not that of the trust so why the over the top reaction by the anti trust brigade
mainly from this board.

Cal's comment was disappointing in my opinion, but it's all water under the bridge.

Yet you seem to want to keep any divide going?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:46 pm

nerd wrote:
dannyblue wrote:Cal I really can not understand why you bother, your post are always quality irrespective of your opinions, it seems that certain people on this board fail to see the obvious and simply use the forum to flag their agendas. Anything that they fail to agree with gets the aggression bit. and sometimes the old 4 letter vocab. As for TLG he,at the very least deserved respect for the work he put in, after all he was an elected member of the trust board by the the members of the trust and in my view his opinions signed TLG were his opinions and not that of the trust so why the over the top reaction by the anti trust brigade
mainly from this board.

Cal's comment was disappointing in my opinion, but it's all water under the bridge.

Yet you seem to want to keep any divide going?

With my one post thats utter rubbish. Look at the other posts in this and other threads and it adds up to observation from an unbiased . I did the March, I joined the trust at the outset, Season ticket holder, and supported the club since 1952.
no pal not one for division at all to long in the tooth for that.