Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why were the TLG threads locked?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Surely we are able to discuss it? :ayatollah: *Most* members here are mature enough to discuss things without abuse etc :ayatollah:

(If not, please PM me the reason for it being locked :ayatollah: )

Re: Why were the TLG threads locked?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Methinks Sugarfield was getting unnecessary threats.........no need for that.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Methinks Sugarfield was getting unnecessary threats.........no need for that.

Yep I do agree. Apologies if my other post looked like I was having a go (I just re-read it); I didn't mean it to come off like that :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:54 pm

LOVE IN ALERT??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:55 pm

ummm bluebirds 101 you asked for it to be locked in one post and secondly we could all see the road it was going down it was already becoming abusive between people. Lets not have it on a friday night eh.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:56 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:LOVE IN ALERT??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

The Rhooster wrote:ummm bluebirds 101 you asked for it to be locked in one post and secondly we could all see the road it was going down it was already becoming abusive between people. Lets not have it on a friday night eh.

Ah sorry, I meant the other thread (i.e. the one I didn't create). And fair enough :)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:57 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:LOVE IN ALERT??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

The Rhooster wrote:ummm bluebirds 101 you asked for it to be locked in one post and secondly we could all see the road it was going down it was already becoming abusive between people. Lets not have it on a friday night eh.

Ah sorry, I meant the other thread (i.e. the one I didn't create). And fair enough :)

I was first :lol:

Oh well

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:59 pm

TLG! - didnt really know him, read his posts and found them very informative. Never took anything he posted to heart, he just told it like it was as far as i could see. As he has never offended me personally i have no gripe with him in any form.

But as for this:

As a direct result of my observations about the march, I have been subjected to numerous abusive telephone calls and text messages, several of which have involved threats of violence. I have also received a number of abusive e-mails, including one that contained an anonymous death threat.

There is simply no need for that kind of behaivour - the premeditated actions he speaks of here are just the only unintelligent replies and ways that some very sad and lonely people can think of doing to make themselves feel better - i find that to be highly upsetting and if it was me - would have referred it to the police to deal with the matter.

Disgusting.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Totally agree with you Merlin whovever sends these death threats etc need locking up as there is definately something wrong with them (more than a few screws loose) sad realy that they could do that to a fellow city fan whatever their views the club dont need that type of support

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Death threats! I shouldn't laugh but.... :lol: :lol:

If anyone takes death threats seriously, they're deluded for believing they'll be carried out or attention seeking for saying they get them

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:16 pm

So where did those idiots, assuming such threats were made, get his contact details from? Wasn't aware he'd made them public domain.

If it's true, I'm sorry for him. If not, then it's a disgusting example of trying to get sympathy. The fact he refers to some sort of sustained campaign seems baffling to me. I don't like his posting style, question a lot of what he does, can't recall anyone recruiting for a "Get TLG out! circle".

With regards to him going, I think his position had become untenable for a while - kudos for recognising that and taking action.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Merlin wrote:TLG! - didnt really know him, read his posts and found them very informative. Never took anything he posted to heart, he just told it like it was as far as i could see. As he has never offended me personally i have no gripe with him in any form.

But as for this:

As a direct result of my observations about the march, I have been subjected to numerous abusive telephone calls and text messages, several of which have involved threats of violence. I have also received a number of abusive e-mails, including one that contained an anonymous death threat.

There is simply no need for that kind of behaivour - the premeditated actions he speaks of here are just the only unintelligent replies and ways that some very sad and lonely people can think of doing to make themselves feel better - i find that to be highly upsetting and if it was me - would have referred it to the police to deal with the matter.

Disgusting.

Merlin the only threats he has are with him and his old friend, doing the same to each other virtually every day, the rest of the threats are in his head, the type of people on the march were not those kind to threaten him, he still cant get over how well it went and I THINK THAT HAUNTS HIM. I DONT INTEND TO DISCUSS HIM AGAIN.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:TLG! - didnt really know him, read his posts and found them very informative. Never took anything he posted to heart, he just told it like it was as far as i could see. As he has never offended me personally i have no gripe with him in any form.

But as for this:

Disgusting.

Merlin the only threats he has are with him and his old friend, doing the same to each other virtually every day, the rest of the threats are in his head, the type of people on the march were not those kind to threaten him, he still cant get over how well it went and I THINK THAT HAUNTS HIM. I DONT INTEND TO DISCUSS HIM AGAIN.

Did you read any of the threads on him?

This board has been full of abuse towards him over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this won't do too much damage to the trust, which seems like a lot of people are trying to do!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:31 pm

CF11 wrote:Did you read any of the threads on him?

This board has been full of abuse towards him over the last couple of weeks. Hopefully this won't do too much damage to the trust, which seems like a lot of people are trying to do!

I'd assumed you've read those threads since you can thus provide evidence of the ones containing threats.

Thought not.

ANYBODY posting threats is 100% out of order.

Yet you seem to want to turn this into a "YOU EVIL PEOPLE HERE ARE EVIL" debate which is somewhat pathetic.

Now, I don't believe the trust aims are achievable or necessary. My view. I've been worried by some of the trust statements, which as a CCFC fan I've every entitlement to. I've voiced my concerns and worries, entitled to in a democracy. Do I believe TLG was a right fit for the Trust? No, based upon long time viewing of his internet persona.

The Trust will survive, I've no doubt, without TLG. I'm sure he'll survive without it too.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Eddie May wrote:
CF11 wrote:
Did you read any of the threads on him?

I think you will find tlg loves to start a fight on the mb's and thrives on them, .

I think you will find that almost all of your posts are either slagging off the trust, or slagging off TLG! :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm

This is getting silly now, if you don't stop it I'll kill everyone including myself and this cute little stray kitten I was going to have for my dinner!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:This is getting silly now, if you don't stop it I'll kill everyone including myself and this cute little stray kitten I was going to have for my dinner!
willy f*cking kill it i dare you :D ;)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:06 pm

I saw a number of abusive texts sent to TLG on his phone

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Sludge wrote:I saw a number of abusive texts sent to TLG on his phone

Then the numbers will thus be available and any death threats will have been reported to the police?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:15 pm

nerd wrote:

Then the numbers will thus be available and any death threats will have been reported to the police?

Abusive texts do not equal death threats

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:17 pm

CF11 wrote:
nerd wrote:

Abusive texts do not equal death threats

TLD claims a death threat was made in his resignation post.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:29 pm

nerd wrote:

you will have to ask TLG if he has reported them to the police

if someone sent me offensive or abusive threats via text I would

I would certainly keep the texts

cowardly behaviour of the highest order

I find concderning the suggestion that hes made it up

I saw them with my own eyes

unless I am making them up

which of course I aint

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 pm

sorry double post

:lol:
Last edited by Sludge on Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Sludge wrote:
nerd wrote:

you will have to ask TLG if he has reported them to the police

if someone sent me offensive or abusive threats via text I would

I would certainly keep the texts

cowardly behaviour of the highest order

I find concderning the suggestion that hes made it up

I saw them with my own eyes

unless I am making them up

which of course I aint

Sludge they were sent by one person and its between him and that person, they hate each other. end off. NOW PLEASE FORGET TLG, ITS THE RIDDLER WE HAVE TO SOUGHT OUT.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:32 pm

whats your number sludge ;)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:35 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:whats your number sludge ;)

its 0800 800 SEX