Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

do we need a ccfc trust?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

after this seasons lack of action and ill timed statments do you feel that the trust is not working in the best intrests of the overall cardiff city suporters?
:?

Re: do we need a ccfc trust?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:10 pm

NO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:11 pm

It can work well in the right timeframe with the right people.

Things like the community stuff, realistically that's nothing a well organised Supporters club couldn't do - and quite frankly is something in the club's remit more than anything else.

In terms of being on the board, that's fine when at a far lower level than this.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:13 pm

this is what im thinking they trust havnt got the money at this level to go on the board, i think we already have trust in the ccsc and i would rather listen to vince than the trust :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 pm

I'm not sure about your point.

I'm sure Vince is a nice guy - didn't buy his comments about the "hacking" of facebook, but... - who does wonders for fans in terms of organising transport, helping get tickets etc, but I can well remember a time when he and others slated Hammam over something ( can;t remember what ). Next day, things were sweetness and light after Hammam had a word. Then it was shown Hammam was wrong all the time.

I just think maybe he's too trusting at times, and when that's the only "negative" thing you can say about someone, that's not too shabby. I just get the feeling, nice guy as he seems, somebody like Hammam, Ridsdale could manipulate him all day long.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:21 pm

what im getting at is ccsc is all we need ,organising travel, family things etc at this level there is no need for a trust due to the massive sums of money involved they could nver raise the monies needed to have a real say ,the suporters club could put pressure on in future if the next owners went tits up

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Don't think either can put pressure on.

The fact the best action so far has been a march organised virally through the internet which wasn't affiliated with any group, is telling.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:25 pm

nerd wrote:Don't think either can put pressure on.

The fact the best action so far has been a march organised virally through the internet which wasn't affiliated with any group, is telling.

agree that this message board and ccmb have a greater pull than the trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:35 pm

wez there are so many holes in your comments , I dont know where to start

you say that the trust doesnt speak for the fans ..

well firstly the trust can only , by its nature ..speak for its members

in the same way that the supporters club ..can only speak for its members

both have only a small portion of the overall 18000 regular fans we have

and lets not forget that vince alm was strongly slagged off for his statement when he said a few months ago that in his opinion we should stick with peter ridsdale !!

at the time he was probably right ..there was no other option at that time ..but boy did he get abuse for that !!

many people werehaving at go at the supporters club for their apparent " support " of risdale

what did you think of that wez ?

you know me, I am happy to have a chat with you about what the trust does to suggest its just about " il timed " statements ..and lack of action is nonsense

as for the community stuff, the supporters club have never done anything like thta ..cardiff city football club is one of the few clubs..due to the trusts input ..that has ever done such a thing ..and if we hadnt been instrumnetal ..it would never have happened

closer links with the community ..and it aint just the ethnic minority , we have had this silly assucation before ......is something cardiff city ahs never had

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:40 pm

wez 1927 wrote:what im getting at is ccsc is all we need ,organising travel, family things etc at this level there is no need for a trust due to the massive sums of money involved they could nver raise the monies needed to have a real say ,the suporters club could put pressure on in future if the next owners went tits up

the supporters club do a superb job for the players end of season celebration , the xmas parties for the kids and the travel arrangements

but here I am going to pull you up..

ther supporters club , like the trust ,only has a fraction of the total cardiff support as members

they are also subject to critisism , most of it unfounded , from fans

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Probably with Chairman like Hammam and Ridsdale a Trust is a waste of time.

However, TG just looks a great guy and from what we have heard does his homework well.

The Trust might be able to have a very productive relationship with someone like that.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 pm

nerd wrote:It can work well in the right timeframe with the right people.

Things like the community stuff, realistically that's nothing a well organised Supporters club couldn't do - and quite frankly is something in the club's remit more than anything else.

In terms of being on the board, that's fine when at a far lower level than this.

again , thats going to have to be pulled up

the club have never been involved in the community , after the trust community event , we have forged great links with the community ..and the club will hopefully benefit from this

they say they are many things and have many vision statements ..its been up to us to push things through

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Probably with Chairman like Hammam and Ridsdale a Trust is a waste of time.

However, TG just looks a great guy and from what we have heard does his homework well.

The Trust might be able to have a very productive relationship with someone like that.

it should have been started years ago

under hammam lots of things were done that were daft

we were paying stupid wages and goal bonuses out

ridsdale has been slagges for that ..well whats clear is if we had a trust at the time we may well have had better links with the council and the media and instead of being shouted down , the club and the fans could have worked togetehr better

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:55 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

agree that this message board and ccmb have a greater pull than the trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A greater pull with who? Its not a tug of war contest.

No-one claims that things the Trust do will , by themselves ,bring about major change at CCFC unless and until it grows in membership numbers beyond the current 950 or so.But is listened to and has the ears of the press , the politicians and the media to broaden and deepen that influence.

In the same way no-one could claim that the Middlesbrough march of 1,000 or so fans by itself will bring about change. But again it helped raise the profile of the fans discontent with the way the club has been run and so helped the greater cause.

Why do people insist on trying to make it some kind of competition and battle between different fan groups and their views?None of us are ever entirely right or entirely wrong. We all make mistakes , but I believe that most of us (there are some "spoilers" who simply refuse to accept that anyone is entitled to an opinion other than their own) are doing what we can in our own way because we care deeply about Cardiff City as a club and want it to survive and succeed.

Yes , we can argue about what the best approach to this is . Annis and I do frequently but that doesn`t (usually :D ) lead to us falling out over it or disrespecting each other`s view even if we don`t agree with it.

I just everyone would stop all the attempts at "points scoring" - and I mean EVERYONE from whatever school of thought they belong to which can only be to the detriment of fans as a whole.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm

wez 1927 wrote:after this seasons lack of action and ill timed statments do you feel that the trust is not working in the best intrests of the overall cardiff city suporters?

it can only SPECIFICALLY work for its members

although like the supporters club its going to be seen as doing a job for all fans

and then , if it says something that people dont like , the knives come out

time and time again we have this same thing

its the same old people coming up with the same old arguements

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:08 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Probably with Chairman like Hammam and Ridsdale a Trust is a waste of time.

We didn`t have a Trust at all under Hammam and have only had a Trust for the last 18 months or so of Ridsdale`s reign (which , please God , will end shortly).I hope and believe that any new owner will be more open to the idea of a more productive relationship with the Trust.

At times it has been frustrating as a Trust to get our message across , both to the club and to the fanbase as some people (in both) either don`t want to listen or just plain don`t understand. Others do and simply don`t agree with our aims or the legal framework within which we are bound to operate - and that is perfectly fair on their part.At times I am sure we have been our own worst enemies by not getting across what we are seeking to do and the means by which we can do it.

But I personally think it has been far from a waste of time. We have grown in a short space of time from scratch to a membership of about 950 and continue to grow despite rumours to the contrary. We will have new board elections in the next couple of months which will bring new blood and new ideas onto the board - and it will be the individual members who will do that electing not the current board- in free and independently scrutinised elections.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:16 pm

annis said to me that if there were topics raiseed on the trust then as long as I didnt raise them he would be happy for them to be talked about them on this board

we had this chat a few months ago after I had made `comments on a thread of his on ccmb which he took issue with

I saw his point , apologised and said if he set up a messageboard , I would contribute

I think we DO need a trust

if people are not happy with individuals they can vote them off

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Sludge wrote:

the club have never been involved in the community , after the trust community event , we have forged great links with the community ..and the club will hopefully benefit from this

they say they are many things and have many vision statements ..its been up to us to push things through

Sludge, think you've misunderstood my point - community relations are within the club's remit - AND SHOULD BE ACTED UPON.

The fact the club haven't, regardless of the board in place at the time - is a crying shame.

it's still something the club should be doing, not fans...

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:17 pm

since62 wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:

A greater pull with who? Its not a tug of war contest.

No-one claims that things the Trust do will , by themselves ,bring about major change at CCFC unless and until it grows in membership numbers beyond the current 950 or so.But is listened to and has the ears of the press , the politicians and the media to broaden and deepen that influence.

In the same way no-one could claim that the Middlesbrough march of 1,000 or so fans by itself will bring about change. But again it helped raise the profile of the fans discontent with the way the club has been run and so helped the greater cause.

Why do people insist on trying to make it some kind of competition and battle between different fan groups and their views?None of us are ever entirely right or entirely wrong. We all make mistakes , but I believe that most of us (there are some "spoilers" who simply refuse to accept that anyone is entitled to an opinion other than their own) are doing what we can in our own way because we care deeply about Cardiff City as a club and want it to survive and succeed.

Yes , we can argue about what the best approach to this is . Annis and I do frequently but that doesn`t (usually :D ) lead to us falling out over it or disrespecting each other`s view even if we don`t agree with it.

I just everyone would stop all the attempts at "points scoring" - and I mean EVERYONE from whatever school of thought they belong to which can only be to the detriment of fans as a whole.

I agree but I reckon there was 2000 on the march

:D

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 pm

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:

Sludge, think you've misunderstood my point - community relations are within the club's remit - AND SHOULD BE ACTED UPON.

The fact the club haven't, regardless of the board in place at the time - is a crying shame.

it's still something the club should be doing, not fans...

I understand that

but to be frank , the club have dragged their heels for years and there is a lot of postive input and ideas from fans within the supporters groups that the club can use

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:41 pm

NO In my Opinion, not how it is currently run as it has become embarrassing .
But I do believe people like Keith and Corky have done a great Job.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:12 pm

annis we will have to disagree

its run on a democratic level

I understand that you are unhappy with recent events and I accept your views

but the trust will soon have elections on which members can vote people off or on

and even if you disagree with individuals , I know you think that is fair

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:27 pm

Sludge wrote:annis we will have to disagree

but the trust will soon have elections on which members can vote people off or on

Paul, Honestly I think they have been pathetic against the Current Board and Especially THE RIDDLER, They knew he was killing our club.
Lets hope they can get better and stronger soon.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:53 pm

True,

but to get better and stronger they need more members

It doesn't really help that there seems to be a backlash against the trust on this board, which seems to have lead to many people cancelling/not renewing their memberships

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sludge wrote:annis we will have to disagree

Paul, Honestly I think they have been pathetic against the Current Board and Especially THE RIDDLER, They knew he was killing our club.
Lets hope they can get better and stronger soon.

Annis I certainly dont agree with all the trust does and says

most of it , yes I think they do their best

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:27 pm

OK after reading this thread what jumps out at me is this - and its said light heartidly!!! :ayatollah:

(a) "The Trust"
(b) "The Supporters Club"
(c) "The Annis lot"
(d) "The other board"

SO WHY don't A, B, C & D opt to have 2 or 3 members from each one - these members can then meet up with each other on a 1/4 basis and discuss agendas relevant to the club - and if need be more regular

THAT would stop all of "them 'n' us" business - every fan has their own opinion and following BUT the branches would spread further and wider throughout that base YET all have the same thing brought together by their chosen "site/trust" members

Just an idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Jez wrote:OK after reading this thread what jumps out at me is this - and its said light heartidly!!! :ayatollah:

(a) "The Trust"
(b) "The Supporters Club"
(c) "The Annis lot"
(d) "The other board"

SO WHY don't A, B, C & D opt to have 2 or 3 members from each one - these members can then meet up with each other on a 1/4 basis and discuss agendas relevant to the club - and if need be more regular

THAT would stop all of "them 'n' us" business - every fan has their own opinion and following BUT the branches would spread further and wider throughout that base YET all have the same thing brought together by their chosen "site/trust" members

Just an idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Impossible,

a and b are democratically elected organisations, c and d are not (more akin to dictatorships, when were moderators elected?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Impossible,

a and b are democratically elected organisations, c and d are not (more akin to dictatorships, when were moderators elected?[/quote]

I WILL SHUT UP THEN! :lol: :lol: :lol: - I work with children and they are so much better at handling discussions and opinions!!! lol

I just don't understand HOW one club - CCFC can have so many divides - it is a very sad state of affairs and it does my head in grown adults bickering when they all "love CCFC"

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:19 pm

wez 1927 wrote:after this seasons lack of action and ill timed statments do you feel that the trust is not working in the best intrests of the overall cardiff city suporters?

Of course not......we the fans need a few egotists from a MB to represent us. :roll:

Ive quit this board........ its the AA and Daya mystery tour.

Never mind lads......im sure most are looking forward to more of "THE THOUGHTS OF CHAIRMAN SAM"

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:21 pm

and you wonder why threads get locked and deleted