Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE LATEST NEWS

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:28 pm

taffyapple wrote:"Hello Peter San, I'm here to talk about the new business plan for Cardiff City"

"Ah great, well, I'm as excited as anyone, Dato... care to outline them for me"

"Sure....The club stops living beyond its means, Peter San!!"

"Hmmmm, well, erm... ok, but I'm not quite with you there Dato, seems a bit revolutionary? care to elaborate?"

"We stop spending money we haven't got!"

"hmmm, well, i must admit, you've got me there, how does that work?"

"If, for instance, the club makes £10million profit a year from ticket sales, advertising, merchandising etc
then we dont spend more than that on wages, or on anything else Peter San"

"Well, erm, ok, you nearly had me there until you threw that Malaysian word in Dato"

"Malaysian word Peter San?, what Malaysian word?"

"Profit, Dato! thats a new one on me, what position does he play, and do I need to arrange a press conference?"

"Well actually Peter, no you dont, I want you to pack all your things in boxes and go, like NOW!!"

"AAAH I'm with you Dato me old mucker, off to Stratstone's is it? DB9 for me on the old Club account eh, love it,
touch of class!....... Ermm Dato?..... is that a gun Dato? please dont point it at me Dato, I've saved this club!
.... Wait, wait.... you'll hit my new goldfish"

BANG!!!!!!BANG!!!!!!BANG!!!!..........BANG BANG(double tap)

"Hello, security, erm... Peter Ridsdale appears to have shot himself, a bit like, bring a bin bag"

dato is malyaisan mafia :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:33 pm

taffyapple wrote:"Hello Peter San, I'm here to talk about the new business plan for Cardiff City"

"Hmmmm, well, erm... ok, but I'm not quite with you there Dato, seems a bit revolutionary? care to elaborate?"

"If, for instance, the club makes £10million profit a year from ticket sales, advertising, merchandising etc

"Well, erm, ok, you nearly had me there until you threw that Malaysian word in Dato"

:P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Probabaly a bit too close to the truth though!

Ceri

"Profit, Dato! thats a new one on me, what position does he play, and do I need to arrange a press conference?"

"Well actually Peter, no you dont, I want you to pack all your things in boxes and go, like NOW!!"

"AAAH I'm with you Dato me old mucker, off to Stratstone's is it? DB9 for me on the old Club account eh, love it,
touch of class!....... Ermm Dato?..... is that a gun Dato? please dont point it at me Dato, I've saved this club!

"Hello, security, erm... Peter Ridsdale appears to have shot himself, a bit like, bring a bin bag"

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:40 pm

fantastic news
wave your flag in the air like you dont care :)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Just received info that Ridsdale is insisting he should be involved in the talks regarding the investment and share price, he is trying to make himself the hero and look good.

This is worrying, he is not playing ball.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:47 pm

OH OH

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:49 pm

:evil:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:50 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:OH OH

I know it makes you sick :(

but hopefully he will be backed so far into the corner he wont have a choice.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:Just received info that Ridsdale is insisting he should be involved in the talks regarding the investment and share price, he is trying to make himself the hero and look good.

What's the news on the security front down there Carl - would I be able to get at the c**t?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:56 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Just received info that Ridsdale is insisting he should be involved in the talks regarding the investment and share price, he is trying to make himself the hero and look good.

What's the news on the security front down there Carl - would I be able to get at the c**t?

he has got himself plenty of security :evil:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Carl am I right in thinking the meeting is still on going and we will have some big news later this evening?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:01 pm

carl

of course he should be involved he is after all the chairman and second biggest shareholder.
after he has had his say i would imagine he will be taken to one side and shown in detail his shortcomings and asked does he want to go quietly with his head held high or go down another route

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:07 pm

steve davies wrote:

carl

of course he should be involved he is after all the chairman and second biggest shareholder.
after he has had his say i would imagine he will be taken to one side and shown in detail his shortcomings and asked does he want to go quietly with his head held high or go down another route

I would rather him nowhere near the talks tbh as he is untrustworthy :evil:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:9p a share would tie in with the Malaysians putting in £4.5m (of which £500k has already been put in)by way of share capital to get over 50% of the shares in issue.

PMG and Paul Guy between them have 8.4m shares of the 41m in issue. 8.4m at 9 p would cost about £750k.Then issuing another 25m new shares at 9p each would give the Malaysians an overall holding of just over 50% at a further cost of £2.2m.They would then have 33.4m of the 66m shares then in issue at a total cost of £3m. The remaining 32.6m shares at 9p could then be bought under the Drag Through option for a further £2.9m , taking the cost for acquiring 100% of the club up to the £6m level that has been widely touted as the initial investment level.

Of the above £6m , if the shares are acquired as outlined , only the £2.2m of new share cash would come into the club`s coffers , as the rest would go to the individual shareholders. For that reason , I hope the Malaysians offer less to the existing shareholders , but more for the new shares as this gives the cash to the body that needs it most - the football club itself.

Keith

Out of interest would another EGM be required before the 25m shares could be issued?

Secondly taking your scenario as fact, the Malaysians would be able to buy PMG out at 9p a share but pay less to other shareholders at a later date using 'drag along' because by then they would own more than 51%?

If they get over the 50% barrier , they can sell to who they like for what they like .If in stage 1 they buy up enough shares to get 50%+ in , say, malaysian Investments UK Ltd (made up name), they could then sell them on later to Malaysian Football Investments (another made up name) to trigger the "drag along".

If anyone triggers the drag along option there is a timescale set out in the club`s rules to do it. A notice that it is to be exercised must be given to all the other shareholders , then it cannot be done within 7 days after the date of that notice , but must be completed by no later than 60 days after the date of notice.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:34 pm

will we know anymore in the next hour or so or will it drag out longer ,or will we have a definate answer tonight ...ive been looking at this all day and i just want an answer today that hes gone ,so i can go and have a nice few pints tonight !!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:00 pm

i have a gut feeling we are stuck with the riddler till may 5th :D :D :D

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Carl, He cant help it, But I reckon the Malaysians will come out on top, The Riddler is cornered and SINKING FAST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 pm

byron moreno wrote:i have a gut feeling we are stuck with the riddler till may 5th :D :D :D

be positive now Byron :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 pm

annis id love to put a basball bat to his head .......thinking about it ..preferably at half time on the centre spot !!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:09 pm

since62 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
since62 wrote:9p a share would tie in with the Malaysians putting in £4.5m (of which £500k has already been put in)by way of share capital to get over 50% of the shares in issue.

PMG and Paul Guy between them have 8.4m shares of the 41m in issue. 8.4m at 9 p would cost about £750k.Then issuing another 25m new shares at 9p each would give the Malaysians an overall holding of just over 50% at a further cost of £2.2m.They would then have 33.4m of the 66m shares then in issue at a total cost of £3m. The remaining 32.6m shares at 9p could then be bought under the Drag Through option for a further £2.9m , taking the cost for acquiring 100% of the club up to the £6m level that has been widely touted as the initial investment level.

Of the above £6m , if the shares are acquired as outlined , only the £2.2m of new share cash would come into the club`s coffers , as the rest would go to the individual shareholders. For that reason , I hope the Malaysians offer less to the existing shareholders , but more for the new shares as this gives the cash to the body that needs it most - the football club itself.

Keith

Out of interest would another EGM be required before the 25m shares could be issued?

Secondly taking your scenario as fact, the Malaysians would be able to buy PMG out at 9p a share but pay less to other shareholders at a later date using 'drag along' because by then they would own more than 51%?

If they get over the 50% barrier , they can sell to who they like for what they like .If in stage 1 they buy up enough shares to get 50%+ in , say, malaysian Investments UK Ltd (made up name), they could then sell them on later to Malaysian Football Investments (another made up name) to trigger the "drag along".

If anyone triggers the drag along option there is a timescale set out in the club`s rules to do it. A notice that it is to be exercised must be given to all the other shareholders , then it cannot be done within 7 days after the date of that notice , but must be completed by no later than 60 days after the date of notice.

I was saying this yesterday that the Malaysians are business men and will get the club at the best price for them and not the existing shareholders.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carl, He cant help it, But I reckon the Malaysians will come out on top, The Riddler is cornered and SINKING FAST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I believe the Malaysians will win the day.

Of course there will be brinkmanship and PR will try his damndest to get the best possible deal for himself but he is not in a position to call the shots. He has run the club in a poor manner and will ultimately pay the price for doing so.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 pm

When are we likely to here any news?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:24 pm

I wouldnt be at all surprised if over the course of the day Ridsdale finds out his 10% aint worth
diddly-squat. The meetings so far have been held without him, I'd be gobsmacked if shrewd
operators like the Malaysian billionaires will be held to ransom by a mouthpiece who has all but
destroyed this business. To have a real say in proceedings, Ridsdale has to have someone
else backing him or they'll steamroller right over him. I'm not sure if its actually legal to use a
real steamroller in Malaysia, but if we signed CCS over as a Malaysian territory just for the day
then I'd turn a blind eye :twisted:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Hasn't Steve Tucker been reading this board, he thinks 6 million is neither here or there, and won't take us forward.......

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26063437/

Flippin heck Tucker............... keep up !!!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:13 pm

If only Carlseburg did football club takeovers!!

Good one taffyapple :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm

with the statement released it is looking very good that the deal will be done I see it calls for goodwill from all parties so if everyone sticks to the deal that has been spoken of then we will be just fine :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:02 pm

carlccfc wrote:with the statement released it is looking very good that the deal will be done I see it calls for goodwill from all parties so if everyone sticks to the deal that has been spoken of then we will be just fine :ayatollah:

end of april carl ??????,it does NOT look good to me :o :o :o

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 pm

I agree with you Byron - feeling very gloomy now - rushed home from work looking forward to a few celebratory beers - not now.