Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE LATEST NEWS

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 pm

The Malaysians met with Mike Hall this morning at 10.30 to discauss the Malaysians plans, Mike Hall, on behalf of PMG, is happy with how the meeting went. ( I was mistaken yesterday as I wrote that Paul Guy was meeting the Malaysians when in fact I was told it was PMG. For the record Paul Guy is in Australia and is being kept up to date with proceedings.)

There is a meeting in the boardroom today, without PMG, putting the plans forward of 9p a share to the Board of Directors.

The Malaysians do not want Ridsdale at the game on Sunday and will ask for him not to attend. Ridsdale is being told that he will leave with a good report and take the plaudits.

If all is agreed today the deal will be done in principal but will take a bit longer for everything to go through the correct procedures.

These are positive times for us fans and we should show our appreciation to the Malaysians by waving their flags on Sunday.

Re: THE LATEST NEWS

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Excellent news - Fingers crossed it all goes well

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 pm

carlccfc wrote:The Malaysians met with Mike Hall this morning at 10.30 to discauss the Malaysians plans, Mike Hall, on behalf of PMG, is happy with how the meeting went. ( I was mistaken yesterday as I wrote that Paul Guy was meeting the Malaysians when in fact I was told it was PMG. For the record Paul Guy is in Australia and is being kept up to date with proceedings.)

There is a meeting in the boardroom today, without PMG, putting the plans forward of 9p a share to the Board of Directors.

The Malaysians do not want Ridsdale at the game on Sunday and will ask for him not to attend. Ridsdale is being told that he will leave with a good report and take the plaudits.

If all is agreed today the deal will be done in principal but will take a bit longer for everything to go through the correct procedures.

These are positive times for us fans and we should show our appreciation to the Malaysians by waving their flags on Sunday.

Thanks for the up-date Carl and the news is all good. :ayatollah:

I now have the champers (strongbow) on ice.

I will have to collar Billy for a flag on Sunday. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Carl from what i've been told the business plan they have put together is second to none, for the sake of the club it has to be agreed and I have no doubts it will be.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:The Malaysians met with Mike Hall this morning at 10.30 to discauss the Malaysians plans, Mike Hall, on behalf of PMG, is happy with how the meeting went. ( I was mistaken yesterday as I wrote that Paul Guy was meeting the Malaysians when in fact I was told it was PMG. For the record Paul Guy is in Australia and is being kept up to date with proceedings.)

Cheers Carl for keeping us informed, great news hopefully for us all, lets's get the staduim rocking on sunday.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:26 pm

I was down at the ground today...there's some sort of Fiat thing going on.

I know he has a Audi R8, but does PR also drive a Merc??

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:27 pm

Will they be there on sunday for the game?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I was down at the ground today...there's some sort of Fiat thing going on.

Yes I believe he also has a Merc.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:30 pm

The Rhooster wrote:Carl from what i've been told the business plan they have put together is second to none, for the sake of the club it has to be agreed and I have no doubts it will be.

A business plan???

You mean we will have a written business plan.

Whooppee

Cos If we ever had done before it was probabaly being used to put the coffee cups on at elevenses.

Elwood Blues wrote:
The Rhooster wrote:Carl from what i've been told the business plan they have put together is second to none, for the sake of the club it has to be agreed and I have no doubts it will be.

A business plan???

You mean we will have a written business plan.

Whooppee

Cos If we ever had done before it was probabaly being used to put the coffee cups on at elevenses.

:lol:

Do we know if thi 9p figure is a new share issue, or the purchase of existing shares? I'm still a bit confused
also, ridsdale alleged payoff - is that to buy his shares, or will he continue to be a shareholder?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:31 pm

So can we take it that if Ridsdale is at the game on Sunday it's due to the deal being off?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:I was down at the ground today...there's some sort of Fiat thing going on.

If its personal plate "2 RPR" then the Riddler is defo at the ground!! Hopefully collecting his possessions and leaving for the last time!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks carl for the update, got my flag for sunday :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Spot on as usual Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Carl, I know I am being extremely greedy here considering we were the brink of extinction but as things are looking up will there be time for us to strengthen before the deadline is shut? We are so close a player or two for that extra push could make all the difference.

Surely if Jones is given the nod next few days he can set the deals up ready anyway? :?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks for the update Carl.

Its expected that some statements will be incorrect when you are standing on the outside. However it matter very little to me if the outcome is what we want, Malaysians In Ridsdale Out.

Keep the updates coming Carl.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Mr Davies wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

If its personal plate "2 RPR" then the Riddler is defo at the ground!! Hopefully collecting his possessions and leaving for the last time!!

Thats his car!! its the one we were chasing on the way back from Leicester :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Should've run him off the road :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Should've run him off the road :lol:

We did try!! Nearly got ourselves killed in the process (Thanks to Fish and his mate!!!)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:21 pm

wicked news, althoug i think annis tells carl to write his info :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:25 pm

claire wrote:
Mr Davies wrote:Should've run him off the road :lol:

We did try!! Nearly got ourselves killed in the process (Thanks to Fish and his mate!!!)

wow hang on a minute now mrs.
whos fault was it? do me a favour claire can you calm that guy down whos trying to ram us off the road, yes no problem, WAM shes giving it the biggun out the window. THANKS FOR THE HELP!! :? :lol:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:35 pm

CF11 wrote:Do we know if thi 9p figure is a new share issue, or the purchase of existing shares? I'm still a bit confused
also, ridsdale alleged payoff - is that to buy his shares, or will he continue to be a shareholder?

Anybody?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:36 pm

9p a share would tie in with the Malaysians putting in £4.5m (of which £500k has already been put in)by way of share capital to get over 50% of the shares in issue.

PMG and Paul Guy between them have 8.4m shares of the 41m in issue. 8.4m at 9 p would cost about £750k.Then issuing another 25m new shares at 9p each would give the Malaysians an overall holding of just over 50% at a further cost of £2.2m.They would then have 33.4m of the 66m shares then in issue at a total cost of £3m. The remaining 32.6m shares at 9p could then be bought under the Drag Through option for a further £2.9m , taking the cost for acquiring 100% of the club up to the £6m level that has been widely touted as the initial investment level.

Of the above £6m , if the shares are acquired as outlined , only the £2.2m of new share cash would come into the club`s coffers , as the rest would go to the individual shareholders. For that reason , I hope the Malaysians offer less to the existing shareholders , but more for the new shares as this gives the cash to the body that needs it most - the football club itself.

Keith

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:39 pm

CF11 wrote:
CF11 wrote:Do we know if thi 9p figure is a new share issue, or the purchase of existing shares? I'm still a bit confused

Anybody?

they dont really need his 10% anyway but if 51% vote for the share price he has to go along with it or hang on to them and watch them get diluted as more investment comes in
unless of course he chucks some money in himself over the next few years when he takes over from david gill at manchester united

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 pm

since62 wrote:9p a share would tie in with the Malaysians putting in £4.5m (of which £500k has already been put in)by way of share capital to get over 50% of the shares in issue.

PMG and Paul Guy between them have 8.4m shares of the 41m in issue. 8.4m at 9 p would cost about £750k.Then issuing another 25m new shares at 9p each would give the Malaysians an overall holding of just over 50% at a further cost of £2.2m.They would then have 33.4m of the 66m shares then in issue at a total cost of £3m. The remaining 32.6m shares at 9p could then be bought under the Drag Through option for a further £2.9m , taking the cost for acquiring 100% of the club up to the £6m level that has been widely touted as the initial investment level.

Of the above £6m , if the shares are acquired as outlined , only the £2.2m of new share cash would come into the club`s coffers , as the rest would go to the individual shareholders. For that reason , I hope the Malaysians offer less to the existing shareholders , but more for the new shares as this gives the cash to the body that needs it most - the football club itself.

Keith

Good post.

Could the vaunted 6m figure be purely related to share acquisition then, in your opinion?

If it's true they have a business plan - a novel concept for sports groups in Cardiff - further investment via newly created shares may well be something that occurs after they have enough control at the club?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks Carl

can put my positive head on again. Billy is going to do roaring trade on Saturday

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:52 pm

since62 wrote:9p a share would tie in with the Malaysians putting in £4.5m (of which £500k has already been put in)by way of share capital to get over 50% of the shares in issue.

Keith

Out of interest would another EGM be required before the 25m shares could be issued?

Secondly taking your scenario as fact, the Malaysians would be able to buy PMG out at 9p a share but pay less to other shareholders at a later date using 'drag along' because by then they would own more than 51%?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Thanks for the informaton update Carl. I remain wary though until the Malaysians are signed, sealed and delivered. You know how good news rarely comes to Cardiff so until they are sat at the helm I'm just assuming we're going to be in administration come 25th March! :)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:22 pm

"Hello Peter San, I'm here to talk about the new business plan for Cardiff City"

"Ah great, well, I'm as excited as anyone, Dato... care to outline them for me"

"Sure....The club stops living beyond its means, Peter San!!"

"Hmmmm, well, erm... ok, but I'm not quite with you there Dato, seems a bit revolutionary? care to elaborate?"

"We stop spending money we haven't got!"

"hmmm, well, i must admit, you've got me there, how does that work?"

"If, for instance, the club makes £10million profit a year from ticket sales, advertising, merchandising etc
then we dont spend more than that on wages, or on anything else Peter San"

"Well, erm, ok, you nearly had me there until you threw that Malaysian word in Dato"

"Malaysian word Peter San?, what Malaysian word?"

"Profit, Dato! thats a new one on me, what position does he play, and do I need to arrange a press conference?"

"Well actually Peter, no you dont, I want you to pack all your things in boxes and go, like NOW!!"

"AAAH I'm with you Dato me old mucker, off to Stratstone's is it? DB9 for me on the old Club account eh, love it,
touch of class!....... Ermm Dato?..... is that a gun Dato? please dont point it at me Dato, I've saved this club!
.... Wait, wait.... you'll hit my new goldfish"

BANG!!!!!!BANG!!!!!!BANG!!!!..........BANG BANG(double tap)

"Hello, security, erm... Peter Ridsdale appears to have shot himself, a bit like, bring a bin bag"