Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are we all getting a bit carried away here

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:35 am

I was sat thinking last night about all the euphoria sweeping this board regarding the announcement yesterday.
All that was announced that there was an agreement signed between the club and langston to defer any further legal action for the time being.
This of course replaces the existing agreement that had already been in Place anyway which was to expire in january 2010.
There is an alleged agreement that we are going to be paying sam monthly from january his debt.
Now is this the 80k a month talked about after the meeting or are they actually trying to pay off the full amount over 12 months.
Where is the evidence showing how much the malaysians are allegedly putting into the club, where is the evidence to show what percentage of the club the malaysians are going to purchase.
People are talking about existing directors being bought out and making small fortune's for themselves when realistically the malaysians could buy enough new share's to gain control of the club and effectivly dilute the existing shareholders without forking out large sums of money.
This might seem a bit negative but we are still seeing players this weekend allegedly paying out of their own pockets for flights to middlesborough.
When i see evidence of the money coming in and the debt to the inland revenue has been cleared then i will start to look forward.
Surely after the announcement yesterday there should have been an announcement from the club as what the intentions of the new investors was going to be bearing in mind the suppossed significance of sam signing the deal.
Have i missed something here or can someone actually tell me what happened apart from sam signing a new agreement regarding taking legal action against the club. SHOW ME THE MONEY

Re: Are we all getting a bit carried away here

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:41 am

Yep.

And if we can't get carried away by this then why bother :lol:

Of course we should keep our feet on the ground, but after all the uncertainty of the last few weeks its hard not to be delighted by the first piece of decent news which seems to poitn toward a much brighter future for our beloved club.