Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: my son ashley

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Good luck to him :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:03 pm

thanks all for your support, im passing all your messages to ashley and the team. i will keep you posted. thanks again it means a lot. :D :ayatollah:

and ive told him to do the :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

good luck ashly hope you do well :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:37 pm

ashley played today in singles and took the number 10 in the world to deus but eventually lost, he is loving the experience and was buzzing on the phone.

he plays in the British open tomorrow. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:38 pm

rob wrote:ashley played today in singles and took the number 10 in the world to deus but eventually lost, he is loving the experience and was buzzing on the phone.

he plays in the British open tomorrow. :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: Well done

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:40 pm

sorry to hear about what happened to him mate.. Well done to him for his achievements and good luck :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:42 pm

rob wrote:was in an accident on the night cardiff was in the f.a cup final, which resulted in him having to use a wheelchair and having to learn to do everything left handed.
while in rookwood hosp he took up table tennis, he is now in the wales and g.b squad.
he has his first major competition in crew this weekend, so good luck son from a proud dad x

WELL DONE ASHLEY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:43 pm

JonnieBlue wrote:sorry to hear about what happened to him mate.. Well done to him for his achievements and good luck :ayatollah:

cheers mate but dont be sorry, hes not, he says his life has changed for the better, he overcomes all the obstacles in his way and is determined to be independant. the boy is my son and my hero. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Fairplay to him, so many people feel sorry for themselves and that their lives are shite because of trivial reasons.. I admire his strength and courage and I bet your his hero too

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 pm

Whats the news rob is the comp today or tomorrow oops just read the post above good luck from all at the Barrett household for tomorrow :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

funny thing is its a bit uncanny

my name is Rob and i got a son Ashley how weird is that

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:19 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:Whats the news rob is the comp today or tomorrow

funny thing is its a bit uncanny

my name is Rob and i got a son Ashley how weird is that

weird that aint it. my middle name is andrew. ashleys middle name is robert.

ashley lost the doubles in straight sets. he was expecting that as first comp.
he took a paralympian to deuce in the singles before losing, but he is buzzin as its his first time.

his singles match in the u.k open is tomorrow , so will let you know how it goes. as i say he is having a great time and as he said its all good experience. :D

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 pm

My asleys middle name is Robert and my brother is Andrew

and my middle name is Alan, wait for jizz to take the piss :lol:

weird goings on

good luck to Ash tomorrow :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:13 pm

well as long as you aint a davis and havent got a wife called lianne we ok :D

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:23 pm

Good luck to Ashley tomorrow. He must be mentally strong to reach the level he has. Somebody for everyone to look up to and admire :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:24 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Good luck to Ashley tomorrow. He must be mentally strong to reach the level he has. Somebody for everyone to look up to and admire :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thanks mate :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Good luck to Ashley and his table tennis, hope he sticks at it.

A very good mate of mine who is a Cardiff City fan spent years in Rookwood after severely damaging his back in a Rugby match. Rookwood Hospital is second to none.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:55 pm

TEll ash bring the trophey home :)

Well done ashley, stick at it mate :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:26 am

good luck to him ROB when he wins hope he does the :ayatollah: all the best mate

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:14 pm

ashley entered the u.k open today and won a bronze medal !!
i have told him about your support and he will join the site later,
he had a photo taken doing the :ayatollah: when he got his medal, i will upload it later. :D

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:18 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:My asleys middle name is Robert and my brother is Andrew

and my middle name is Alan, wait for jizz to take the piss :lol:

weird goings on

good luck to Ash tomorrow :ayatollah:

Weird thing is My dad was Aaln and my brother is Andrew - and i had a fish call Bob (nr enuf to rob tho lol)

:lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:19 pm

rob wrote:ashley entered the u.k open today and won a bronze medal !!
he had a photo taken doing the :ayatollah: when he got his medal, i will upload it later. :D

Rob that is a fabulous achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one proud boy and one proud Daddy :D

Great to read - all round a great day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:35 pm

Jez wrote:
rob wrote:ashley entered the u.k open today and won a bronze medal !!

Rob that is a fabulous achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one proud boy and one proud Daddy :D

Great to read - all round a great day :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

fab result cheers jez :D :D

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:40 pm

Well done Ashley, credit to you. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:41 pm

pic to follow soon. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:11 pm

WELL DONE ASHLEY YOU MAKE US ALL PROUD TO BE WELSH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:14 pm

ashley getting his medal

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:15 pm

rob wrote:was in an accident on the night cardiff was in the f.a cup final, which resulted in him having to use a wheelchair and having to learn to do everything left handed.
while in rookwood hosp he took up table tennis, he is now in the wales and g.b squad.
he has his first major competition in crew this weekend, so good luck son from a proud dad x

Fantastic, Rob you must be very very proud :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Well done Ashley what an achievement. You make us all look up in admiration . You made your father proud, and us proud too :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:17 pm

rob wrote:ashley getting his medal

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Fantastic, Rob you must be very very proud :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

cheers annis coudnt be prouder. ash gonna join site later