Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Murino v Jones!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Jose Murino Total Games-443 Won-297 Drawn-95 Lost-51 Win Ratio 67.04%

Dave Jones Total Games-656 Won-269 Drawn-174 Lost-223 Win Ratio 41.01%

Murino has 213 games less experience than Jones, has won 28 more games, drawn 79 less games, and lost 172 less games.

Whilst Murino's Win Ratio might look a little lower than you might expect - he has only lost 18 games of 185 in England! a loss ratio of just 10% - compared to Alex Ferguson's - 1322 games with 362 losses. = a loss ratio of 27.4% in England.

As a less decorated manager - the stats still prove - he is the manager to have if you want the best! (the special one!)

And YES! Dave Jones has a long way to go! maybe we should ask the malaysians if they can afford Murinho's Wages :lol:

Re: Murino v Jones!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:17 pm

Merlin wrote:Jose Murino Total Games-443 Won-297 Drawn-95 Lost-51 Win Ratio 67.04%

Dave Jones Total Games-656 Won-269 Drawn-174 Lost-223 Win Ratio 41.01%

Murino has 213 games less experience than Jones, has won 28 more games, drawn 79 less games, and lost 172 less games.

Whilst Murino's Win Ratio might look a little lower than you might expect - he has only lost 18 games of 185 in England! a loss ratio of just 10% - compared to Alex Ferguson's - 1322 games with 362 losses. = a loss ratio of 27.4% in England.

As a less decorated manager - the stats still prove - he is the manager to have if you want the best! (the special one!)

And YES! Dave Jones has a long way to go! maybe we should ask the malaysians if they can afford Murinho's Wages :lol:

Our Mr Jones hasn't got the best stats in the world has he :lol: but he must be climbing up from the bottom rung on the coming from behind stakes after last night :lol: £800,000 a year is a bit of a piss take mind considering his quality as a maanager :evil:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:19 pm

I'm not sure what thepoint of this is. So, Mourinho's better than Jones. Are you saying we should get him in?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:20 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I'm not sure what thepoint of this is. So, Mourinho's better than Jones. Are you saying we should get him in?

I think he's trying to show how bad Jones is in comparison to the best and not worth his £800,000 per annum

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I'm not sure what thepoint of this is. So, Mourinho's better than Jones. Are you saying we should get him in?

It was purely a piss take - to compare that stats of the BEST to our manager? opens a few eyes doesnt it - considering the time Jose has been in management! I did it purely out of interest.... and nothing to do with acquiring his services! :lol:

the stats show that if DAVE JONES is your manager - your more than likely to lose or draw - than win! is that something potential investors will look at? :ayatollah:
Last edited by Merlin on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:22 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

I think he's trying to show how bad Jones is in comparison to the best and not worth his £800,000 per annum

Best around at the moment though. Lets give the guy a break at least til the end of the season.

If we don't go up, then shoot the fucker

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Merlin wrote:

It was purely a piss take - to compare that stats of the BEST to our manager? opens a few eyes doesnt it - considering the time Jose has been in management! I did it purely out of interest.... and nothing to do with acquiring his services! :lol:

Thank f**k for that! Even vincent Tan couldn't afford his wages!!! :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 pm

In response to my original post - I must respect the fact that Dave Jones has never really had the opportunity to spend BIG money like other successful managers! so working on a shoe string budget goes in his favour! ;)