Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE DAVE JONES ?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:26 pm

I'd keep the same 11. Half time Ross off for Warren then.
He deserves a chance to prove himself for christs sake.
I'd never bring quinn on though, that one pass last night was hit with a bloody sand wedge.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Terrible v Ipswich away, Chops suspended, improved v Leicester away, Coventry away Dramatic improvement.

Would you change team v Watford Opinions Please. I would put Chops on Bench and keep same team.

If I was Dave Jones I'd definitely play Chopra because form means nothing when your in my good books.
I'd also take all the praise for the teams performance against Coventry but if we lose at home to Watford
i will blame the players, the current financial situation and remind everyone that

""losing a football match isnt 'real pressure'..... what me and my family went through is 'real pressure"""

I'd also remind each and everyone that I once played for Everton and until you can all say that, your opinions
about football mean nothing

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:40 pm

I agree Jones should let him go, as surely its making Jones look like an Idiot.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Jones doesn't care about a player's career to be honest.
he's just holding Warren there as a backup backup by the looks of things and it's a disgrace and a waste of Warren's talent and ability.
The same has happened with numerous players before.
Steve Thompson is an example of that.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 pm

Adamski wrote:Jones doesn't care about a player's career to be honest.
he's just holding Warren there as a backup backup by the looks of things and it's a disgrace and a waste of Warren's talent and ability.

If anyone ever bumps in to Thompson, he will tell you all about how he was Treated.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If anyone ever bumps in to Thompson, he will tell you all about how he was Treated.

And Feeney will probably say the same as him.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Adamski wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

And Feeney will probably say the same as him.

I GUARANTEE YOU THAT and NATHAN BLAKE.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:55 pm

It's a disgrace that it happens Annis.
Football is a short career, and as surprising as it may seem, the majority ofplayers want to earn thier wages and get on the pitch.
Feeney pretty much ran more than anyone on the pitch last night in his warm up in the hope of getting on.
And Jones didnt even give him a chance to do anything.
Thomspon ran up and down the touchline like that and is now in a premiership club. Says it all.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:56 pm

lets be realistic does anyone think feeneys better than what we got.he deserves a chance yes he does but 7 months i think i heard that he hasnt played more than 20 minutes in competitive game so the guy will not be fit.and if he was going to get a chance he would have by now.and what happens if he has a shocker you all know what some cardiff fans are like theyll ridicule him.so i think in the best interests of both club and player its best we part company with feeney.and let him play elsewhere.then i think feeney will be happy and dave jones will as he clearly dislikes the lad or thinks hes not good enough!!!!

and ill give my thanks for his services to our club!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:59 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:lets be realistic does anyone think feeneys better than what we got.he deserves a chance yes he does but 7 months i think i heard that he hasnt played more than 20 minutes in competitive game so the guy will not be fit.and if he was going to get a chance he would have by now.and what happens if he has a shocker you all know what some cardiff fans are like theyll ridicule him.so i think in the best interests of both club and player its best we part company with feeney.and let him play elsewhere.then i think feeney will be happy and dave jones will as he clearly dislikes the lad or thinks hes not good enough!!!!

So why not let him go Daf ?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:06 pm

god knows annis thats the bit that baffles!!!!but he should just let him go.he seems a good lad you know him better than most and were lucky he is cos he could be disruptive to the dressing room if he wanted to be!!!who knows what goes on in that head of jones's.its not the first time hes treated players wrongly!!!

save feeny dont let jones win!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:lets be realistic does anyone think feeneys better than what we got.he deserves a chance yes he does but 7 months i think i heard that he hasnt played more than 20 minutes in competitive game so the guy will not be fit.and if he was going to get a chance he would have by now.and what happens if he has a shocker you all know what some cardiff fans are like theyll ridicule him.so i think in the best interests of both club and player its best we part company with feeney.and let him play elsewhere.then i think feeney will be happy and dave jones will as he clearly dislikes the lad or thinks hes not good enough!!!!

So why not let him go Daf ?

Annis in my mind its pretty straight forward. He IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH IN jONES OPINION, BUT because of the lack of new players he has no choice but to keep him.He knows that we have a very very small squad and with a few injuries UP FRONT FEENEY WOULD HAVE TO PLAY. How can he possibly justify letting him go now when at this time if he did and we had injuries he couldnt get replacements. I respect your opinion , but surely even you cam see this reasoning. I accept its not great for Feeney , but i bet it goes on everywhere. look at the clubs who buy players they have no intention of playing just so they can stop other clubs getting them. Just my opinion of course.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:16 pm

I would deffently start with mccormack & bothroyd, and keep chopra on bench, bring him on after 60-70 mins depending on the game, I was sat behind the dugouts last night, and warren feeny looked seriously chunkey, think his fitness isnt up to scratch!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:18 pm

i ohnestly believe he hasnt got a chance.if chopra and mcormack got injured i beleive hed put burke up front and bring other players in from the bench to fill the left side.he done it with paul parry.and feeney was with us then!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Exactly, so why doesn't he let him go an prusue a career elsewhere?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Adamski wrote:Exactly, so why doesn't he let him go an prusue a career elsewhere?

unfortunatley im not dave jones and cant answer this.wish i was could collect that lovley wage packet then :lol: :lol: :lol: as i said earlier it baffles me!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Regardless of your opinions - the stats speak for themselves...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

To have 2 of the Championships top scorers in the top 3 is incredible.....

You can only win by scoring goals, and two of the most prolific strikers in this league MUST start the game alongside McPhail (that in my opinion is not even a question!) Chopra's work rate alone is enough to confuse and irritate most defenders in the league (however much we want to debate his latest antics and professionalism)

McCormack is not performing anywhere near as well as we know he can, so i'd drop him back to the bench. (this will send the message that he needs to step up his game and sort out the eating and drinking habits!)

Feeney deserves a run out, maybe, depending on result at the time i'd bring him on for Chopra if he's not done the business by the 70th minute.

IMO.
Marshall
Gyepes
Gerrard
Matthews
McNaughton
Whitts
McPhail
Burke
Blake
Bothroyd
Chopra