Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

man Utd away 1974 any storys

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:39 pm

Was at the home game,any tales of the away game

Re: man Utd away 1974 any storys

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:43 pm

oscar thomas wrote:Was at the home game,any tales of the away game

Nothing really happened away , what did is in Diary of the Real Soul Crew(1).

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:16 am

I went to that game on the supporters club bus
only three coaches and there were no markings on them
I remember gazzy from barry being on the same coach(where is he now he worked for british rail back then).
what few fans there were were hidden in the stand next to the scoreboard end.
the poor turnout was attributed to wales playing rugby in scotland that day.
i was sixteen years of age and my arse was going all day
still not as scary as millwall as a sixteen year old though

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:35 am

I went to that game also, Piper myself and some other lad from Fairwater. We were warned of NO colours to be worn and as the coach came into Manchester the Police boarded and reiterated that fact. We were there dressed in our Dan Dares and platforms, I remember the heel had broken on Pipers platforms and we had to find a cobbler which was right opposite Old Trafford and on our way back we bumped into the infamous Jonny Reynolds who whispered to us "Dont speak" :lol: We got into the ground and could not see or hear any City fans and it was 2nd half when there was a sprinkling of chants which came from the Scoreboard end. At HT we were convinced that big Frank had emerged from the players tunnel and walked onto the pitch and we got abit excited, it wasent of course and we were told in no certain terms to shut the f**k up and behave and sat for the whole 2nd half like scolded children. It was a quite surreal game which would never happen these days, still at least we could say we were there.