Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam and Peter

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:19 pm

I will probably get slated by a few people but after todays events i think all true City fans should recognise what has happened and who started the ball rolling and who made Sams dream possible. I would love to see Sam back involved within the club that he fell in love with, after all, without this passionate and sometimes controrversial figure we simply would not be in the position we are in now. Sam i hope you read this, as far as i am concerned you deserve a place within our club, maybe just for your enthusiasm and maybe not for your business skills but there must be a place for you somewhere. Peter also deserves a lot of credit, i cannot believe some of the disgusting posts that i have read from a minority of City fans regarding the brilliant job he has done since he was asked by Sam to steady the ship so to speak. Peter has made mistakes in the past as have we all, but you have to give him credit for what he has achieved during his short spell at our club, again as far as i am concerned i would love to see him somewhere within the club at what capacity i do not know, but like Sam somewhere.

Re: Sam and Peter

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Agree they both deserve credit but for me it was Sam who got us out the darkness and helped us get where we are now, was disappointed the way things went in his final days at the club, but after his actions today ALL is forgiven and credit must be given to you. I think Ridsdale job is now done especially if the Malaysians stick to their part of the deal, my opinion is that Ridsdale could walk away a happy man, i would be suprised if Sam ever came back to our club but i would not be put out of he did.

Credit and respect to both parties. :)

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 pm

As far as I was concerned Sam could leave and never come back. I wouldn't want him ruining the club again. I did appreciate that, if it wasn't for him, we would probably still be in the depths of the league, but he also drove us to within an inch of extinction. But my attitude has softened and I think that he should be here in some capacity, maybe non-executive board member. But I also realise that, if he is here, he will want to be running things and wouldn't answer to anyone which, in that case, the malaysians wouldn't tolerate him and certainly couldn't work alongside the bumptious old curmudgeon.

Ridsdale also should be on board in some capacity but maybe he's of the same outlook as Sam?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:42 pm

good post totally agree

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:32 pm

richyevs wrote:I will probably get slated by a few people but after todays events i think all true City fans should recognise what has happened and who started the ball rolling and who made Sams dream possible. I would love to see Sam back involved within the club that he fell in love with, after all, without this passionate and sometimes controrversial figure we simply would not be in the position we are in now. Sam i hope you read this, as far as i am concerned you deserve a place within our club, maybe just for your enthusiasm and maybe not for your business skills but there must be a place for you somewhere. Peter also deserves a lot of credit, i cannot believe some of the disgusting posts that i have read from a minority of City fans regarding the brilliant job he has done since he was asked by Sam to steady the ship so to speak. Peter has made mistakes in the past as have we all, but you have to give him credit for what he has achieved during his short spell at our club, again as far as i am concerned i would love to see him somewhere within the club at what capacity i do not know, but like Sam somewhere.

I wont slate you, Sam started our Dream and took us from the bottom of Division Four to six points clear at the top of the championship.Read his good and bad points and his Roller coaster Ride in Shattered Dreams.