Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shattered Dreams

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm

I started reading 'Shattered Dreams' again yesterday and remembered how much I enjoyed reading it the first time. I even read a few excerpts to my mrs to see what she thought of the whole Cardiff City world and why I love being a part of it.

She particularly liked the story of when Annis met Simon Insole for the first time.

Oh, and Annis, she thought you looked like Sam Hammam. :lol:

Re: Shattered Dreams

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Will that book be no longer extant with recent happenings at the club. Seems like we're beginning to dream again.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:17 pm

I smell a sequel!! :D

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:17 pm

I love the bit where Annis and Sam are travelling to meet a load of Swansea fans at some dingy venue in the vague hope of talking them into becoming Bluebird supporters as part of a 'United Wales' team.

On the journey down Sam is full of himself convinced he can pull it off, whilst Annis is a little more realistic with his thoughts "this isn't a good idea" :lol:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Im getting this book at the leicster game.. been meaning to get it even when it was in ninian park but never got round to it..

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Mr Davies wrote:I started reading 'Shattered Dreams' again yesterday and remembered how much I enjoyed reading it the first time. I even read a few excerpts to my mrs to see what she thought of the whole Cardiff City world and why I love being a part of it.

She particularly liked the story of when Annis met Simon Insole for the first time.

Cheers for that Greg, but I dont think I look like Sam lol.
Its on offer at the moment in the CARDIFF CITY CLUB SHOP Half Price till Dec 31st 09.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I love the bit where Annis and Sam are travelling to meet a load of Swansea fans at some dingy venue in the vague hope of talking them into becoming Bluebird supporters as part of a 'United Wales' team.

On the journey down Sam is full of himself convinced he can pull it off, whilst Annis is a little more realistic with his thoughts "this isn't a good idea" :lol:

Its wasnt Tony I thought I was going to death Row :lol:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:52 pm

i am not an annis fan but shattered dreams is one of the best football reads i have had, a real incite into behind the scenes of our great football club, its mad, great, fun, sad and a roller coaster ride.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:22 am

Mr Davies wrote:I started reading 'Shattered Dreams' again yesterday and remembered how much I enjoyed reading it the first time. I even read a few excerpts to my mrs to see what she thought of the whole Cardiff City world and why I love being a part of it.