Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So there should be no Excuses

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:50 pm

To sell in Jan now then right?

Re: So there should be no Excuses

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm

If we get an offer of £5m plus a sell on for Adam Matthews I think we would be silly not to sell. I'd make sure of the sell on fee though! Other than that the only players leaving will be those who want to e.g. Joe Ledley, Ross McCormack, Tony Capaldi and Warren Feeney.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Zabier wrote:If we get an offer of £5m plus a sell on for Adam Matthews I think we would be silly not to sell. I'd make sure of the sell on fee though! Other than that the only players leaving will be those who want to e.g. Joe Ledley, Ross McCormack, Tony Capaldi and Warren Feeney.

Dont forget Comminges, I think he wants to leave in favour of regular football.
Should have just stayed in Swindon to be honest.....

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 pm

I would have thought Comminges would just be glad he has a contract somewhere! God knows how he made it as a footballer. I am very average and I swear I am a better full back than him!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Zabier wrote:I would have thought Comminges would just be glad he has a contract somewhere! God knows how he made it as a footballer. I am very average and I swear I am a better full back than him!

Same goes for Taiwo. I remember Graeme Souness being conned into thinking a guy from Africa, Ali Dia if my memory serves correct, was a fantastic footballer and George Weahs cousin. He signed him without watching him and played him in the Premier League only to realise he'd been had. I think Dia was better than Taiwo. Like I've said previously, I wouldn't let him sell tickets at the club. Then again - just who was responsible for the Ipswich : End of an Era fiasco?? Hmmmm??

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Mr Davies wrote:
Zabier wrote:I would have thought Comminges would just be glad he has a contract somewhere! God knows how he made it as a footballer. I am very average and I swear I am a better full back than him!

Same goes for Taiwo. I remember Graeme Souness being conned into thinking a guy from Africa, Ali Dia if my memory serves correct, was a fantastic footballer and George Weahs cousin. He signed him without watching him and played him in the Premier League only to realise he'd been had. I think Dia was better than Taiwo. Like I've said previously, I wouldn't let him sell tickets at the club. Then again - just who was responsible for the Ipswich : End of an Era fiasco?? Hmmmm??

:lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI-OfT7zYM

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 pm

Mr Davies wrote:

Taiwo is making the step up from a lower division. Sometimes takes players time to adjust.

Rather than slating him over the odd appearance - and don't forget DJ brought him on out of position against the Jacks - give the guy a chance. He's got the quality - against us, dominated McPhail, Rae, Scimecca. Give him time rather than slagging him off.