Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season tickets your views?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:03 pm

I am not really sure why or what the actual definitive reason is for this, probably a number of factors but Todays news and the recent two wins may increase the sales figures. I hope they do.

I still believe the club made a mistake by not allowing interest free installments from the off,we told them that fans would not be happy being almost forced into doing something before Christmas...they eventually came around and allowed the installments but it seems fans then thought...aye aye...getting desperate now and still did not buy...on top of that we lost 3 out of 4 games.

Anyway enough waffling I think we should all seriously think about this again...there are still some 12,000 current season ticket holders yet to renew,loads will be on here.

We are being offered a chance to buy a season ticket for £329 in some cases and told that the price will not increase for 5 years.
We can go down the club or phone them and ask for a Zebra finance form that allows us to pay for the ticket in 5 installments starting as late as January 31st(if you like)...4 payments of £65 and a final payment of £69 ...So the threat of being forced to fork out before Christmas is lifted...no interest payable by the fan..or you can pay in one go.

What are the reasons some are still holding back now?

Maybe the threat that players will be sold in January and none brought in??????

Maybe the club going into administration?????

Maybe you feel the club are wasting our money

Maybe no new investors?????

no doubt there are others

Yes I agree it could be a risk if thing turn out badly...please weigh that up against the alternative view point.

Todays agreement being signed( and Sam has rang a few people to confirm its sorted as well as the fact it is on the official site).

The fact that TG is now on the board of directors.

The fact that Paul Guy and other shareholders are looking to sell their shares and allow inward investment(takeover)

The possibility that we get promoted.

It is your own personanl choice ofcourse but if you are more than likely to be getting one anyway why miss out on the 5 year price freeze...? We could be in the premier league.

I have got one this week, the club has a terrible cash flow at the moment, they are skint for whatever reason...if our fans get season tickets and help out at this time of struggle now, maybe just maybe the investment will come and the future will be more stable?

I think its a big leap of faith again or is it? You are being asked to take a punt now and Ridsdale has done plenty to annoy fans...but we have a new stadium, new training ground,a tidy team at the right end of the league, a possible £14 million plus reduced from historic debt and a real posibility of huge investment..it could be a called a calculated risk rather than a leap of faith.

Don't miss out!

Re: Season tickets your views?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Good post Corky,personally its the wrong time of the year for me to be thinking of renewing 3 Season Tickets what with Xmas coming faster than a Chris Burke run....pressies,shopping,keeping 2 jobs going.Got ten days off over the Festing Period and will consider my options then!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Grapes First Post

Financial considerations have to be the main reason.

I have got Senior Grapes to get mine and Juniors as our Xmas presents (I accepted even though I dont celebrate Xmas).

Perhaps some will get renenwals in their stockings and some in the January sales so to speak. Todays news can only help things.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:28 pm

I am the same as most. I am struggling to afford Christmas let alone a Cardiff City season ticket. Sadly, I am on such a low income that my Cardiff season ticket might have to be sacrificed but I'll see. I can't afford it before Christmas anyway and will be struggling for a month or two after as well. :(

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:30 pm

For myself its just I cant believe we were being asked to buy a new season ticket in November. I get paid on the 21st of each month and I will renew the first chance i get after Jan 21st to make my first payment then, but I just think the club are asking for money far too early.

To me one of the benefits of having a season ticket is that each game I don’t need to worry about making sure ive got 20-25 for a ticket, however if I am for near enough ¾ of the season making payments for next seasons tickets then im effectively in the same boat. Then it would be the same next season and the season after etc. Its just nice not having to give the club any money for 4/5 months

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:58 pm

corky wrote:I am not really sure why or what the actual definitive reason is for this, probably a number of factors but Todays news and the recent two wins may increase the sales figures. I hope they do.

I still believe the club made a mistake by not allowing interest free installments from the off,we told them that fans would not be happy being almost forced into doing something before Christmas...they eventually came around and allowed the installments but it seems fans then thought...aye aye...getting desperate now and still did not buy...on top of that we lost 3 out of 4 games.

Anyway enough waffling I think we should all seriously think about this again...there are still some 12,000 current season ticket holders yet to renew,loads will be on here.

We are being offered a chance to buy a season ticket for £329 in some cases and told that the price will not increase for 5 years.
We can go down the club or phone them and ask for a Zebra finance form that allows us to pay for the ticket in 5 installments starting as late as January 31st(if you like)...4 payments of £65 and a final payment of £69 ...So the threat of being forced to fork out before Christmas is lifted...no interest payable by the fan..or you can pay in one go.

Yes I agree it could be a risk if thing turn out badly...please weigh that up against the alternative view point.

Todays agreement being signed( and Sam has rang a few people to confirm its sorted as well as the fact it is on the official site).

The fact that Paul Guy and other shareholders are looking to sell their shares and allow inward investment(takeover)

It is your own personanl choice ofcourse but if you are more than likely to be getting one anyway why miss out on the 5 year price freeze...? We could be in the premier league.

I have got one this week, the club has a terrible cash flow at the moment, they are skint for whatever reason...if our fans get season tickets and help out at this time of struggle now, maybe just maybe the investment will come and the future will be more stable?

I think its a big leap of faith again or is it? You are being asked to take a punt now and Ridsdale has done plenty to annoy fans...but we have a new stadium, new training ground,a tidy team at the right end of the league, a possible £14 million plus reduced from historic debt and a real posibility of huge investment..it could be a called a calculated risk rather than a leap of faith.

Don't miss out!

Paul
it is just quite simply the wrong time of year for people to be buying season tickets.
Most people are going to put buying presents for their families before renewing a season ticket some 9 months before they first use it.
The club is in this position because of the inept leadership of the current chairman.
As everybody now knows his rewarding loyal fans platinum scheme was an act of desperation to get money into the club.
Without being too negative here yes Sam has signed a document regarding the loan notes.
My own personal opinion is that the penny had finally dropped as to how close the footbal club was getting to going into administration.
Because of the failed attempt by the chairman to cover up the inland revenue debt all the wolves were gathering at the door for their money.
What happens after today regarding the malaysians is in fact anybodies guess. We were all at the meeting when PR announced that the malaysians had put in 2 million pounds that week but that in fact turned out to be 200k only and the other money was loaned from barclays for our future television money.
Everybody is just assuming that Tan is involved in this takeover but where is the evidence of that to date.
I await like everybody else in the hope that this is a bright new future for our football club but bearing in mind that the source of information we are getting is from at best a stranger of the truth i will wait until i see the actual takeover details and the colour of malaysian money before getting over excited about re-newing season tickets this early

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Here's my theory and dismiss it if you will but I think it has leverage.

I think they've put this out because they know not many people will be able to afford it. They know a minimal amount of fans will pay for it but not that many. So they'll get a few thousand in which is money up front and a goodwill gesture out to the fans (none of which have failed to see through it!).

However, after the 31st January deadline I can see them hiking the season ticket prices up to an unbelievable amount using the excuse 'well you had your chance to get them when they were cheap so don't blame us, we gave you an opportunity'. That way they charge us more and still have the get out clause claiming they offered us a reward for our loyalty yet we 'chose' not to accept it.

Cynical? Or is this the truth?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:06 pm

I understand that Steve and appreciate your opinions and there could be still dark clouds ahead...but if things do brighten up and the wind changes in our favour for a change...helping the club now(even though I totally agree a lot of the mess was self inflicted) maybe a good thing for the fans to do....just book your season ticket and make a first payment end of January..

personal choice it is and I wish they would just say Look guys we are skint at this moment in time, help us us out...

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:14 pm

getting mine + mates crimbo week lets hope things will get better,

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:49 pm

corky wrote:I am not really sure why or what the actual definitive reason is for this, probably a number of factors but Todays news and the recent two wins may increase the sales figures. I hope they do.

Don't miss out!

Corky the Sales shot up today for the first time in five weeks.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:35 pm

I will get mine soon, always was but wont be rushed.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:10 pm

not renewed yet but will do just not got round to it, I phoned the ticket office for borough ticket if they had said do you want to renew your season ticket I would have said yes and done it there and then but was on phone from work really busy and just did not have time to so thinking f**k it i will phone back when i am not so busy its not as if we will sell out.

was pisssed off at first as i had renewed same time last year to gaurantee price freeze for next year and the fact they wanted to charge interest for something I could not use til after I had paid for it anyway was a bit cheeky.

I think the Inland Revenue story would have put a lot of people off as we had one debt (langstone) then we had two debts (langstone and extra stadium cost) then we had three debts (langstone, stadium cost and Inland revenue) by the way do you want to buy a season ticket for next year - yes Peter heres my money will you use it to pay the debt, take it with you when you f**k off or leave it for the Malaysians to give to DJ in January?? buy now find out later

Sack

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 pm

Don't miss out!

I think we can look too deeply into this one and almost make up excuses why people have not bought them. The major factor, I believe, is a simple one. Even with a five year price-freeze this offer was sprung on fans and the majority can't afford to buy this side of Christmas. I'm sure the sales will pick up, particularly with the news of Langston and the Malaysian investment.

StT.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:29 am

Don't miss out!

Are Cardiff City still offering this since the Langston agreement announcement? prices fixed for 5 years with new apparant investors coming in seems strange a little.

What you should have done at the end of the Langston announcement was to mention " due to this agreement and imminent large investment we are withdrawing this offer on.........." Fear of loss factor would have arisen and you would have sold thousands in hours. :D

Although why are you concerned about season ticket sales at this time of year anyway especially with the doors now open to the Malay investment? Especially at discounted rates!

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:03 pm

tnt, mass hysteria sets in at cardiff when the rumours start :D