Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:05 am

As I said yesterday I was down the club but i was sworn to secrecy but to be honest I still didnt believe it till I saw the email.

This is an historic day.
Now there should be NO more selling in January 2010, just us now talking about who is coming in.
PR will now fly to malaysia and help them put there millions in to Our club.
There will now prob be a rush for Season Tickets lol.
Dave Jones nows your chance to take CARDIFF CITY TO THE PROMISED LAND.
If Peter Ridsdale now honours the the Reduced repayments to Langston starting in January 2010, then that is Sam/Langston gone.
Amen.

Re: ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:07 am

I'm like a 5 year old on Xmas day!!! Please please let this be THE ONE!!

I'll pick up Tan from the airport no problem!!

Wonder when the takeover will now happen?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:09 am

all promising stuff indeed .

usually when things like this happens at football clubs usually new investors bring in there own management team and staff . do you think that will happen with us ?

will DJ and Burton be at the helm for too long ?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:As I said yesterday I was down the club but i was sworn to secrecy but to be honest I still didnt believe it till I saw the email.

This is a historic day.
Now there should be NO more selling in January 2010, just us now talking about who is coming in.
DJ nows your chance to take CARDIFF CITY TO THE PROMISED LAND.
Amen.

annis, tnt hs said he is 210% sure that sam has signed the deal.

can you confirm he has?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:17 am

Annis after the likes of you.me,mojo,Kag going thru the up's & downs (mainly downs) as a city fan is this really the moment we have all been dreaming of & deserve?.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 am

We have been promised a take over for the last 2years up at the Wednesday! The chaiman even gave us the 30th of march 2009 as the take over date!!!!! Still waiting!!!!!!! NO sign of a take over or the consortium thats involved!!!! Don't believe the hype till its signed and sealed! We all dream of a take over to go onwards and upwards! Still dreaming up here!!!! :cry: I hope yours works out for you!!!
Last edited by sam salim on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:18 am

MOZZER1 wrote:all promising stuff indeed .

usually when things like this happens at football clubs usually new investors bring in there own management team and staff . do you think that will happen with us ?

We can only hope and pray that the 1st thing they will do is remove, Ridsdale, Jones & Burton.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 am

JonesMustGo wrote:

We can only hope and pray that the 1st thing they will do is remove, Ridsdale, Jones & Burton.

I'm on my knees praying :lol:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:21 am

I got a feeling if Risdale did go - DJ will stay. The new board will probably look for stability but I reckon they will give DJ an ultimatum - Promotion or your gone come the end of the season. Especially if they heavily invest in money for January Transfers.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 am

ninian forever wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:As I said yesterday I was down the club but i was sworn to secrecy but to be honest I still didnt believe it till I saw the email.

This is a historic day.
Amen.

can you confirm he has?

Yes Sam has Signed.
Amen

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ninian forever wrote:

This is a historic day.
Amen.

can you confirm he has?

Yes Sam has Signed.
Amen

cheers annis, happy days are here again!!! :D

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:25 am

Any strings attached though? i.e: Did Sam get anything in return Club related?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:
ninian forever wrote:

This is a historic day.
Amen.

can you confirm he has?

Yes Sam has Signed.
Amen

What do you reckon has happened to speed sams signing up? will we be seeing him on the board?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:31 am

What is it that he has actually signed though? The official site says for the foreseeable future there is no threat of legal action from Sam, and that this is a settlement agreement

Does this mean that they have agreed upon a payment plan, similar to what was announced before? So something like £Xm a year, plus bonuses maybe. What has happened to the naming rights of the Stadium?

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:32 am

No we wont see Sam on the board as the malaysians want a clean sweep next year.
PR was able to give Sam some of his payments back a lot sooner than PR originally could.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:33 am

JonesMustGo wrote:

Yes because we are 3rd in the league, thats a great idea :roll:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 am

Owain wrote:What is it that he has actually signed though? The official site says for the foreseeable future there is no threat of legal action from Sam, and that this is a settlement agreement

Does this mean that they have agreed upon a payment plan, similar to what was announced before? So something like £Xm a year, plus bonuses maybe. What has happened to the naming rights of the Stadium?

Owain now that there will be no court cases etc with Langston and they have settled a deal, the malaysians now can come on board without risking any of their money getting tangled up.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Owain wrote:What is it that he has actually signed though? The official site says for the foreseeable future there is no threat of legal action from Sam, and that this is a settlement agreement

Owain now that there will be no court cases etc with Langston and they have settled a deal, the malaysians now can come on board without risking any of their money getting tangled up.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRRRRDDDSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by SBF1 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:39 am

Oooops!! :D

Bloody double posts....edited! :oops:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:44 am

Uncle Fester wrote:Oooops!! :D

:lol:
Go on UNCLE FESTER.

The Excitement has got to you.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 am

Great news Annis

Wiggy :shock:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:Oooops!! :D

:lol:
Go on UNCLE FESTER.

The Excitement has got to you.

Lol...I need tissues Annis!!!! :oops:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:51 am

The Blue 'Knows' wrote:
JonesMustGo wrote:

Yes because we are 3rd in the league, thats a great idea :roll:

Get red of Jones? Probably the best manager in the league. Naive at times(sp) but has done well what he's had to work with. He does need to take some more flack at times for performances as he is meant to raise the teams belief etc. I would keep him here.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Newydd Bendigedig!!!!!!!!

Bloooooooooooooooooobirds!!!!!!!! (are you watching Swansea Town??) :lol:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:09 pm

with cash, he will be a superb manager

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:18 pm

This is great news what a early christmas present for all city fans. Let's hope the club can move forward and move into a bright new era. Mr Jones as to deliver now this time (if the investment comes off) no excuses play offs a minimum. One thought on a new signing Leon Britton from the jacks he as rejected a new contract would do well for us quality midfielder.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Brilliant news fair play, I dream of becoming an established Premiership team competing in the top half for a Europa League spot!!! :)

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:16 pm

A new dynamic board might mean a new dynamic manager. A manager keen to prove himself. Give DJ to the end of the season, and when we're all crying (again) over promotion lost, bring in a fresh face eager to do well for himself and the club, not just taking a hefty paycheck, playing golf and arguing with the media. Fingers crossed.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:37 pm

jose murinho - anyone? :lol:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:41 pm

I don't want to put a dampener on things lads but let's keep calm until we're actually promoted. We could have everything in place and still not make it. This is a major step towards the next stage but essentially nothing right now has changed apart from the threat of liquidation being lifted.

It's a great day of course but maybe the Cardiff pessimism is currently strangling me. It's great to have a good bounce around the club again for the first time in years though.

I hope this is the start of something special but until everything is said and done, I'm keeping calm and doing a football cliche of taking each game as it comes! :)