Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

''SOMEONE ANSWER ME THIS''

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Why is everyone ignoring the fact we are losing £1.2 million a month, and the best part of £15 million per year.

WE HAVE TO CUT EXPENDITURE NOT INCREASE IT!!!!

Everyone is calling for massive signings... will they play for free? Or will we have to add their wages to our already astronomical short-fall?! Lets say after all these signings happen we are losing close to £1.5 million a month and £18 million a year....

YOU DO REALISE WE WILL BE BACK IN £75 MILLION DEBT IN 5 YEARS DONT YOU!!?

Whe this all came out our fans were ''red or dead, its the only way we can get out of debt'' - well actually its the uickest way back into debt and by that point we will be too far in to do anything about it. You are killing us.

Re: ''SOMEONE ANSWER ME THIS''

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Why is everyone ignoring the fact we are losing £1.2 million a month, and the best part of £15 million per year.

Everyone is calling for massive signings... will they play for free? Or will we have to add their wages to our already astronomical short-fall?! Lets say after all these signings happen we are losing close to £1.5 million a month and £18 million a year....

Whe this all came out our fans were ''red or dead, its the only way we can get out of debt'' - well actually its the uickest way back into debt and by that point we will be too far in to do anything about it. You are killing us.

Because when your owners say they will be investing £100 mill, the fans will want to see quality players true or not ?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:56 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Why is everyone ignoring the fact we are losing £1.2 million a month, and the best part of £15 million per year.

If new signings are going to put us £75m in the red, may be should stop signing up reserve goalkeepers from Peterbrough? :shock:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:56 pm

the £100mil is to help increase income streams

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Annis.

Are you suggesting because our owners are investing money in the playing squad we should forget about the initial problem in the first place and make it worse just for a bit of excitement?

You do realise that spending this year is also going to land us with a major fine in 3 years time and a % of our income that season will be thrown away due to the infringement of the fair play rules?

We have turned into wreckless morons. We cry because we are in debt and need the Malaysians to rescue us and are now calling to spend more than we ever have done. it makes no sense and we are heading for major Rangers like disaster.
Last edited by RoathMagic on Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Its only money!! SPEND'SPEND'SPEND I say lol when the dept collectors do come, just say.....E DON'T LIVE ERE MATE.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Annis.

Are you suggesting because our owners are investing money in the playing squad we should forget about the initial problem in the first place and make it worse just for a bit of excitement?

You do realise that spending this year is also going to land us with a major fine in 3 years time and a % of our income that season will be thrown away due to the infringement of the fair play rules?

We have turned into wreckless morons. We cry because we are in debt and need the Malaysians to rescue us and are now calling to spend more than we ever have done. it makes no sense and we are heading for major Rangers like disaster.

If the debt is converted into equity (which apparently is the plan) then we can't possibly infringe on the FFP rules.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 pm

You sound like Greece's accountant (AKA Angela Merkel).

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

VT & TG cannot do right for doing wrong believe me. ;)

Spend money and increase the debts and they will get a load of criticism about debts levels in the club. Don't spend money and they risk a load of vitriolic clap trap about their true motives. If you don't like our Malaysians investors this is all manna from heaven as either way it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Mark my words sit back and wait for the I told you so threads.

As I say they cannot do right for doing wrong.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Never said anything like that, what I am saying is when fans here £100 mill invest they are instantly going to think about new players and remember TG keeps saying its Premier League he wants, so how u going to get there ?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Never said anything like that, what I am saying is when fans here £100 mill invest they are instantly going to think about new players and remember TG keeps saying its Premier League he wants, so how u going to get there ?

But the imple maths tell us that we are eading for disaster Premier League or not.

Yes this £100m or however much it is will be turned into equity, but any losses after that is pure interest baring debt to the tune of £18 million per year.

You confuse me Annis. A businessman yourself, clearly have the club at heart - yet seem happy to see us pile on more debt than ever - which lets not forget is what the main issue was in the first place.

Why is the Premier League everything? Clubs have got there spending very little so why do we feel the need to risk the club in order to get a small chance for promotion when the matsh tell us promotion or not we are heading for disaster in 5-7 years.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Very True (Show us the signings) !!! :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Because when your owners say they will be investing £100 mill, the fans will want to see quality players true or not ?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

If the debt is converted into equity (which apparently is the plan) then we can't possibly infringe on the FFP rules.

BIG IF tony if they was going to do they would have by now, its was only 10million they would have had to pay sam and then do it thats what the equity its all based off but rite now all there doing is avoiding paying him. Why because that would make them 100% owners there willing to dodge this and spend big on players we are told how daft do they think we are. What happens come next season we are in the prem and sam turns around and says oh i will take every penny im owned now which is three times more+clauses it just does not add up. Still they have done the rebrand to go with whatever else there going to change in time and they dont even own the club outrite yet. They have not converted there money in to equity untill they have bumped up the club with more loans which is what there doing now, It makes no sence at all if there telling fans one week they want to own the club 100% and the next figting over the langston 10million, then we are told we got more than this figure for players, you really could make this shit up anymore from these triads :roll:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 pm

As for the supposed 1.2million if you believe that, what have they done about that the last two years???? to solve it or lower the leaking ship i would go as far as saying NOTHING , why would they when they can pay it themselfs and pump 7% on top if its true. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Some of losses month to month are the interest being paid on the loans, now when these loans are transffered to equity, then there is no interest to be paid, massive saving from the start.

If the club is not in debt, then the fair play ruling wont cause us a problem.

At the end of thed ay our wage bill is not that excessive compared to clubs of a similar size, read somewhere once that Man United on paper are six hundred million pound in debt

Do you think Man City and Chelsea make enough on gate receipts to cover their cots, no where near it, the income and revenue that VT will be looking for comes from investment in Sponsorship, naming rights of stand and stadium, TV and media money both at home and in the far East.

We are tending to forget that a lot of our existing income stream were sold off for a fraction of what they were worth by Ridsdale who was desperate to get any money in to stave off the tax man.
We can hardly blame the Malaysian's for that, even though we can question their sanity in investing in us in the first place, but thank god they did. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:56 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Some of losses month to month are the interest being paid on the loans, now when these loans are transffered to equity, then there is no interest to be paid, massive saving from the start.

At the end of thed ay our wage bill is not that excessive compared to clubs of a similar size, read somewhere once that Man United on paper are six hundred million pound in debt

Do you think Man City and Chelsea make enough on gate receipts to cover their cots, no where near it, the income and revenue that VT will be looking for comes from investment in Sponsorship, naming rights of stand and stadium, TV and media money both at home and in the far East.

We are tending to forget that a lot of our existing income stream were sold off for a fraction of what they were worth by Ridsdale who was desperate to get any money in to stave off the tax man.
We can hardly blame the Malaysian's for that, even though we can question their sanity in investing in us in the first place, but thank god they did. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Gwyn,

from looking at the accounts, a very small percentage of the £1.2 million loss is actually going on the historical debt. It will certainly be cancelled out and more by the increased wages of the new playing staff.

Man United are a completely different animal. Thy get £80 million a year from TV rights, not to mention worldwide sponsorships, assets in terms of playing staff and real estate, they are a worldwide brand and their merchendise sales are incredible.

I think a lot of our fans are comparing ourelves to these types of clubs and its just not realistic. No Asian is going to buy a shirt of a second division club just because its red. Its nonsensical in the extreme. Win a Champions League or two and then yes of course.

Whether our wage bill is excessive is not deemed by comparing it to other clubs, its comparing it to our income - and as it stands our wage bill is extremely excessive - isnt it nearly 100% of income? thats crazy for a club in debt up to its eyeballs.

Surely you can see cutting expenditure is the way forward not increasing it?

Its madness, and cant believe how many ''fans'' are lapping it up.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:56 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But the imple maths tell us that we are eading for disaster Premier League or not.

Yes this £100m or however much it is will be turned into equity, but any losses after that is pure interest baring debt to the tune of £18 million per year.

You confuse me Annis. A businessman yourself, clearly have the club at heart - yet seem happy to see us pile on more debt than ever - which lets not forget is what the main issue was in the first place.

Why is the Premier League everything? Clubs have got there spending very little so why do we feel the need to risk the club in order to get a small chance for promotion when the matsh tell us promotion or not we are heading for disaster in 5-7 years.

I have been saying for over a year, these very intelligent/clever Malaysians, which they are away from Football should of by now in my opinion stopped us losing all this money after 2yrs of running our club, instead its increased. :o :shock:
Premier League is def not everything to me ? Are u sure your asking me the right questions, I would not sell my badge/colours for the Premier League.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 pm

As I said Annis, you confuse me.

You seem dead against it and then you soften quite dramatically when spending money or signings are mentioned. Surely that should scare you even more rather than soften your approach to the situation.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:27 pm

great post...spot on

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:36 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:

great post...spot on

Yes good post roath magic ,the old saying in business world "when in a hole stop digging "

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm

RoathMagic wrote:As I said Annis, you confuse me.

You seem dead against it and then you soften quite dramatically when spending money or signings are mentioned. Surely that should scare you even more rather than soften your approach to the situation.

I honestly dont soften, just because were going to buy players, I just like putting the news out and if its good news I love telling people. Just because I mention or ask about players etc, does not mean I hate the way they are ruling/running our club, I really am shocked your saying this, I just get fed up of repeating it every day and people get fed up of me saying it. Are u trying to twist what I stand for :roll: :roll:
Did I soften on Dave Jones when he went on a good run, I enjoyed the run but never changed my opinion on him.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Some of losses month to month are the interest being paid on the loans, now when these loans are transffered to equity, then there is no interest to be paid, massive saving from the start.

Gwyn,

from looking at the accounts, a very small percentage of the £1.2 million loss is actually going on the historical debt. It will certainly be cancelled out and more by the increased wages of the new playing staff.

It wont show up until this years accounts will it, if we owe seventy million, then at seven per cent its close to five and a half million a year interest.

Man United are a completely different animal. Thy get £80 million a year from TV rights, not to mention worldwide sponsorships, assets in terms of playing staff and real estate, they are a worldwide brand and their merchendise sales are incredible.
Yes, but surely that's the pot of gold that makes investors take the gamble on us, surely ?

I think a lot of our fans are comparing ourelves to these types of clubs and its just not realistic. No Asian is going to buy a shirt of a second division club just because its red. Its nonsensical in the extreme. Win a Champions League or two and then yes of course.

The shirt sale are truly peanuts in income term, it really isn't about shirt sale.

Whether our wage bill is excessive is not deemed by comparing it to other clubs, its comparing it to our income - and as it stands our wage bill is extremely excessive - isnt it nearly 100% of income? thats crazy for a club in debt up to its eyeballs.

As I said, a lot of the income streams have been taken up, but not for ever,

Totally the opposite, cutting expenditure as in lower wages and budgets for players will help to reduce our quality and results will suffer, if we struggle and get relegated, the crowds will drop, our advertising revenue will drop, our league money will drop our tv appearance and Sky money will drop, we then need to trim even more and the downward spiral continues.

Its madness, and cant believe how many ''fans'' are lapping it up.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:As I said Annis, you confuse me.

I honestly dont soften, just because were going to buy players, I just like putting the news out and if its good news I love telling people. Just because I mention or ask about players etc, does not mean I hate the way they are ruling/running our club, I really am shocked your saying this, I just get fed up of repeating it every day and people get fed up of me saying it. Are u trying to twist what I stand for :roll: :roll:
Did I soften on Dave Jones when he went on a good run, I enjoyed the run but never changed my opinion on him.

Annis, im not having a go at you - dont take it as such. You clearly have the club at heart and im sure you are against the changes.

But you do seem very excited about how much money we will spend, what players we will sign and have read many posts like saying ''lets hope we see the players coming in now then'' etc... im just suggesting you may not have thought about the implications of such signings and spending.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:40 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

Totally the opposite, cutting expenditure as in lower wages and budgets for players will help to reduce our quality and results will suffer, if we struggle and get relegated, the crowds will drop, our advertising revenue will drop, our league money will drop our tv appearance and Sky money will drop, we then need to trim even more and the downward spiral continues.

[/quote]

Gwyn,

Swansea, Burnley and Blackpool are all recent examples of clubs who have spent very little and gone up. All had lowish crowds, low wages and little transfer fees paid.

You seem to be suggesting you would rather spend wildly, risk the future of the club as we will almost certainly be in major debt in the near future on the back of this rather than do things properly and try and emmulate the achevements of the clubs I mention above?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:31 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Gwyn,

Swansea, Burnley and Blackpool are all recent examples of clubs who have spent very little and gone up. All had lowish crowds, low wages and little transfer fees paid.

You seem to be suggesting you would rather spend wildly, risk the future of the club as we will almost certainly be in major debt in the near future on the back of this rather than do things properly and try and emmulate the achevements of the clubs I mention above?[/quote]

Did you mean emulate ? Or is that a word in jackland ?

One thing we don't want is to emulate swansea .... we wanna see our debts paid , not see local businesses go under coz of a few pennies in the pound forced these businesses to close.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:33 pm

HANDBALL ! wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Gwyn,

You seem to be suggesting you would rather spend wildly, risk the future of the club as we will almost certainly be in major debt in the near future on the back of this rather than do things properly and try and emmulate the achevements of the clubs I mention above?

One thing we don't want is to emulate swansea .... we wanna see our debts paid , not see local businesses go under coz of a few pennies in the pound forced these businesses to close.[/quote]

So then why are we trying to pay Sam less than half what he is owed and why are we continuing to go into £18 million debt per season?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:39 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
HANDBALL ! wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Gwyn,

One thing we don't want is to emulate swansea .... we wanna see our debts paid , not see local businesses go under coz of a few pennies in the pound forced these businesses to close.

So then why are we trying to pay Sam less than half what he is owed and why are we continuing to go into £18 million debt per season?[/quote]

Do you really think Sam is like a local businessman :lol:
If you wish to make a debate then at least give it thought , you've made yourself look silly now :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:41 pm

good post :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:42 pm

I dont understand your point?

You want to rip off a foreign business man to the tune of £15 million but having a go at Swansea for doing the same to the tune of 800k to Welsh ones?

Not sure if your racist or just stupid, either way you look silly.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Gwyn,

And Burnley and Blackpool have returned to the Championship and Swansea will soon join them.

VT's plan involves not just flirting with the Premiership, but becoming an integral part of it.