Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City FC or Malaysia FC

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 am

Come on guys, :ayatollah: We are Welsh not a rich mans play thing :ayatollah: Have we no fight left in us. Better to play in league 1 as Cardiff City with pride than in the prem as Malaysia fc :ayatollah:
Dont sell your club for a handfull of sweeties :?: :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City FC or Malaysia FC

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:06 am

Cesca wrote:Come on guys, :ayatollah: We are Welsh not a rich mans play thing :ayatollah: Have we no fight left in us. Better to play in league 1 as Cardiff City with pride than in the prem as Malaysia fc :ayatollah:

We are Cardiff City Fc? As long as that stays then they can put us in pin and yellow diamonds for all I care.

Its all about being CCFC :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:08 am

I suppose tradition and history have no place in CCFC :ayatollah: . Wrong, it does and it is important! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:10 am

Cosi wrote:I suppose tradition and history have no place in CCFC :ayatollah: . Wrong, it does and it is important! :ayatollah:

It does i agree totally.......but im sure the future has to be just as vitally important? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 am

You USED to look like Malaysia. See below. Now your just Wrexham in disguise.

http://www.affsuzukicup.com/news/blue-i ... r-malaysia

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:20 am

Yes, the future is important, but not at the cost of sloughing the history, tradition and identity of the club. Those who have changed the date of the orgins of the club to 2012 are, in part, correct. The CCFC ended in 2012. I paid to see the Bluebirds not a re-branded Malaysian investment opporturnity.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:34 am

Cosi wrote:Yes, the future is important, but not at the cost of sloughing the history, tradition and identity of the club. Those who have changed the date of the orgins of the club to 2012 are, in part, correct. The CCFC ended in 2012. I paid to see the Bluebirds not a re-branded Malaysian investment opporturnity.

We havent lost any history? Our history was won as Cardiff City Fc and thats what we are today Cardiff City Fc?

I pay to watch CCFC..... I will still pay to watch CCFC

I acknowledge your points and agree with them......but sooner or later people will have to accept it and get on with supporting CCFC.....because whatever is done by the fans wont change the Malaysians minds.....its their way or the highway im afraid :(

I accept we are playing in red wish they didnt change the badge.......in my head we will always be blue

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:42 am

It is ironic that the Malaysian football kit is blue with red sleeves. Blue would sell in Malaysia as much as red would sell. The color change is a marketing gambit for the Malaysian. Now, do you think the CCFC will outsell QPR or Liverpool or Man United? Wrong! We have to get to the Premiership first. The Malaysian owers would be better off buying players before changing colors, and the identity of the club. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Cosi wrote:It is ironic that the Malaysian football kit is blue with red sleeves. Blue would sell in Malaysia as much as red would sell. The color change is a marketing gambit for the Malaysian. Now, do you think the CCFC will outsell QPR or Liverpool or Man United? Wrong! We have to get to the Premiership first. The Malaysian owers would be better off buying players before changing colors, and the identity of the club. :ayatollah:

They havent changed the identity of the club? we are cardiff city fc still, this is our identity? that is who we support, i dont support them for the colour of our shirt, but for the name and who cardiff city represent.

im not trying to argue, and i agree with your points made but this is how its going to be, we can't change that mate. :(

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Cesca wrote:Come on guys, :ayatollah: We are Welsh not a rich mans play thing :ayatollah: Have we no fight left in us. Better to play in league 1 as Cardiff City with pride than in the prem as Malaysia fc :ayatollah:

While they club play in Cardiff we are Cardiff City.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:55 pm

murphy wrote:

While they club play in Cardiff we are Cardiff City.

Exactly.