Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Update- TG and TV had enough

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 am

Cardiff City has entered administration and will be docked 10pts for the upcoming season.

The decision to enter administration has been taken by the club following the collapse of the proposed investment from a Malaysian consortium. The Malaysian businessmen felt the second backlash of hardcore supporters was the final straw and decided to cut their losses.

A Malaysian spokesman stated “It is with great regret that we have come to the conclusion our future is no longer with Cardiff City Football Club...we originally saw CCFC as a club which matched our ambitions to get into the Premier League.” “However... with the pending fair play regulations and the lack of desire to rebrand the club so that we could tap into the growing Asian markets we have no option but to significantly reduce our interests”

The Malaysians also wanted to thank all those connected with the club for the warmth and passion they have shown. As a gesture in reciprocation of that warmth the Malaysians, whose investment is currently stated as loans on the balance sheet, have agreed to accept nominal percentage in order to assist the club in the administration process.
A club spokesman added “it is with deep regret we bid farewell to our Malaysian partners and wish them every success in the future.” “ The club will now have to undertake radical changes to ensure the club is in the best position to withstand the pending fair play changes”

It has been well documented that CCFC has been running at a loss of over a million pounds per month. In addition to the running costs the club has the historical debt of Langston, PMG and now the Malaysian loans.
With the pending fair play regulations it is inconceivable that the club can continue to run as it has done and for the future of the club to be secure there will need to be significant reduction in the wage structure (one of the highest outside the premier league)

It is also rumoured that some key players will need to be sold in order to keep the club afloat while these radical changes are undertaken. A request to the players has been made that a voluntary pay cut of 10% is made in their wages; however, there is strong opposition to this proposal. It is thought that there will be a strong reliance of youth players in the forthcoming years until the club finds itself on a sound financial footing where investment on the playing staff can be made within the clubs restricted means.

Finally, a hardcore supporter said “ I was worried about the club not playing in blue and a few of us were looking into the possibility of forming a FC Bluebirds and working our way up the leagues but unfortunately the English FA have said they will not allow any club to join outside of England. “

“at least this way with the Malaysians going we can keep our club and play in blue”

Re: Update- TG and TV had enough

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:50 am

Yes they'll pull out and lose the £40m+ the club owes them because they can't play in red :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 am

Lol..it said in jest to the OTT reaction about City playing in Blue..I think you find most people would cut their losses
Better to lose 40 quid now than pay 12 quid every year forever...becos without the changes no investment is forthcoming..

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 am

You spent time writing that???????????? :x

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:54 am

Owain wrote:Yes they'll pull out and lose the £40m+ the club owes them because they can't play in red :lol:

Just like loads of fans will change a habit of a lifetime, because the team has to play in red?

Seems daft to me.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:54 am

it only took 5 minutes my tea isnt even cold..

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 am

If that scenerio played out you got one thing very wrong....you wrote entered administration. It would infact read "have gone into liquidation"

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:58 am

dazzyt wrote:You spent time writing that???????????? :x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:58 am

liquidation last resort..but see what you mean it would end up that way...just the norm clubs enter admin first to allow the club to continue to operate while the adminastrator assist strips to pay off debt

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am

matty85d wrote:liquidation last resort..but see what you mean it would end up that way...just the norm clubs enter admin first to allow the club to continue to operate while the adminastrator assist strips to pay off debt

We are insolvent without VT, there is nothing to strip.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 am

Mock all you want I have the flux capacitor lol
At least its vision of what could happen if the protest get out of hand..maybe puts things into perspective.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:01 am

our BLUE seats craig :)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:02 am

CraigCCFC wrote:If that scenerio played out you got one thing very wrong....you wrote entered administration. It would infact read "have gone into liquidation"

This!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:02 am

Why do people feel the need to scaremonger so much ? If it was my 40 million in the club I wouldn't be going anywhere without another investor coming in!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:05 am

antill_dunning wrote:Why do people feel the need to scaremonger so much ? If it was my 40 million in the club I wouldn't be going anywhere without another investor coming in!

Its not your 40million though, he just made 80m at the ring of a bell. People in his league tend to cut their losses and right it off against their other businesses rather than try to recoup it.

He stands to make a fair few hundred million in 2 years when the malaysian betting market becomes open as he has the rights to it.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 am

10 points deduction, I think it would be probably be more like 30 points. Because of our financial history, and that would be the end of us.
But if we got to play in red to keep out of the red so be it.
Our history and heritage will still be there.
The people who want to keep blue, can still see us playing in blue away.
I'll get the best of both, I'll watch the City home and away in whatever colour, they choose to play in.
Move with the times people and evolve, its not nice change, but extinction's worse, ask the DODO .

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:08 am

nojac wrote:Move with the times people and evolve, its not nice change, but extinction's worse, ask the DODO .

Yep. I'd rather survive in red than die in blue

survival of the fittest innit

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:08 am

antill_dunning wrote:Why do people feel the need to scaremonger so much ? If it was my 40 million in the club I wouldn't be going anywhere without another investor coming in!

They didn't put 40 million into the club. They lent it to us with interest. Thats why we were 70 million in debt .Now they have put it into equity. So we will be debt free :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 am

Exactly to the above posts...and im not trying to scare monger..i was trying to put some perspective in light of all these “protests” posts

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 am

Leon1927 wrote:

They didn't put 40 million into the club. They lent it to us with interest. Thats why we were 70 million in debt .Now they have put it into equity. So we will be debt free :ayatollah:

Ye but if we protest and they leave like some people are saying they won't get anything near that back so they'll lose most of it anyway so surely they'd try and bring in another investor before leaving. It's not like they probably haven't got contacts.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:16 am

matty85d wrote:it only took 5 minutes my tea isnt even cold..

It shows

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 am

CraigCCFC wrote:

Its not your 40million though, he just made 80m at the ring of a bell. People in his league tend to cut their losses and right it off against their other businesses rather than try to recoup it.

He stands to make a fair few hundred million in 2 years when the malaysian betting market becomes open as he has the rights to it.

I do wonder if this has anything to do with the change to red. Possibly the brand of that betting company will be red

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am

antill_dunning wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:

Ye but if we protest and they leave like some people are saying they won't get anything near that back so they'll lose most of it anyway so surely they'd try and bring in another investor before leaving. It's not like they probably haven't got contacts.

They would get it back as it was a LOAN. Get it?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:24 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

I do wonder if this has anything to do with the change to red. Possibly the brand of that betting company will be red

The money he will make will be astounding!

Your bang on, i think this change has a lot to do with the asian betting market.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:25 am

Leon1927 wrote:
antill_dunning wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:

You cant get back what isnt there.

I can lend 25million, i cant repay a penny as i dont have anything........

Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:32 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:
antill_dunning wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:

You cant get back what isnt there.

I can lend 25million, i cant repay a penny as i dont have anything........

Aren't we repaying Langston every month? I think we are.