Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself here...

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:16 pm

name: donnie reid
first city game: darlington(a)won 2 0, pikey with both 1991?
fav city game: wigan away won 1 0(last game played at springfield park) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Name: Matthew
Supporter since: around 1990
Fav Player: Loads to mention, One of my 1st games I rem singing the nicky richardson song, so he would be 1. Blakey for obvious reasons (Man City Goal) and more recently chopra

Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:59 pm

NAME-FLEE LOCATION-BEDROCK(BARRY) AGE-39 WORK-SPECIAL EFFECTS TECHNICIAN BEST MEMORIES-PLAYING IN THE 2ND AND 3RD DIVISION,BORO AWAY 92,MAN CITY IN CUP,DIRTY LEEDS.JACKS AWAY.SUNNY SCUNNY.BRADFORD AWAY BEST GOAL-BLAKE MAN CITY OR MILLER AGAINST THE SCUM INTERESTS-SEASON TICKET HOLDER,WALES AWAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE BEST BUZZ EVER.SCOOTER RALLY'S.SKA SCENE.DRINKING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.MASSIVE TITS. FAVE PLAYERS-DALE,STANT,PERRY,LEGGY,CHRIS PYKE COULD SCORE WITH ANY PART OF HIS BODY,AS THE BALL WOULD JUST USUALLY HIT HIM. WORST MEMORIES-LOOSING AND RUNNING OUT OF STRONGBOW

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Name: Michael

Best Game: Take your pick from late 80s/90s, more specific leeds.

Best player current: Burke, because he gives some effort every game unlike some overpaid twats.

Fav city songs: "City till i die!", "Come join us over here" and "hes only a poor little swansea his face is all tattered and torn, he started to sing, so i kicked the C&nt in and now he dont sing anymore". Those were the days.

Fav Beer: all

Fav Woman: all, apart from the thick set type or any woman over 15 stone even if she is 6'9".

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Name: Steve Lockwood
Supporter since: 1982/83
First Game: Cardiff v Lincoln 1982/83 1-0 win to City
Fav Players: Koumas, Andy Legg, Phil Stant
Best Ninian Park memory : Scott Youngs v Leeds FAC 2002, European nights v Derry. beeting Man City in the Cup and any win verses Swansea
My best moment: Attending the FA CUP FINAL in 2008 :D
Worst Moment: Play-off Semi v Stoke, going down 2-0 at home, it took most of the summer to get over that defeat & and walking out of Ninian Park verse Ipswich for the last time thinking i have one game left to play here before we move over to CCS, little did i know we would loose against sheff Wed and i would never get the chance to see another game at Ninian Park.... I still feel cheated. :shock:

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 pm

name John
Age 35
First game v Brentford '81ish drew 2-2
Fav players Stant,Leggy,Dale and Kavanagh
Current Burke and Macnaughton
Fav game beating Leeds in the cup 2002 and Barnsley at Wembley 2008
worst game Stoke playoffs in 2001
teams hate Jacks,Wurzels,Leeds,Man U and Stoke

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:29 pm

name Reesy
first game Hull 1969 6-0
fave player Blakey and Perry
all time hero Tosh he scored two first game when i was 5
ninian memory Leedsand Man City
all time Andy Campbell play off

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 am

NAME Colin Donnelly ( better known as COD )
AGE 37
LOCATION East Kilbride
FIRST CITY GAME Clydebank 1 v 1 Cardiff (1989 i think)
SUPPORTED CITY SINCE The Rhondda boys kept coming up to watch Clydebank
FAVOURITE PLAYERS Scott Young, Jason Perry, Phil Stant & any Scotsman to play for City
FAVOURITE GAME Play-Off final v QPR

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:46 am

Morgan
Age 18
Town: Caerphilly
Supporting Cardiff: basically since ive been born the father inflicted it upon me :D
Favourite moment: many with Cardiff home/away, couple stick out which are the play-off final and going to wembley twice in a season
Favourite player: Andy Legg, Danny Gabbidon and currently Chris Burke
Best Ninian Park moment : Leeds FA Cup 3rd round :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:51 am

Been a lurker for a while however will be sticking around.

NAME Darren Price
AGE 33
LOCATION Cwmbran
FIRST CITY GAME Oldham away 2001 was the 1st league game I made, attended a few friendlies before that.
SUPPORTED CITY SINCE always followed the team however finaly left the armchair in 2001
FAVOURITE PLAYERS Robert Earnshaw and James Collins, currently Kevin McNaughton
FAVOURITE GAME Nottingham Forest away 2003 I think, 1st game in the Championship... after the game it felt like we belonged in the division!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Name: Jeff
Seat:Prem Club Gold (god I'm skint )
Memory: 4th official v Crystal Palace, Steve Bruce was manager.
stood next to me all match shaking his head and saying how bad they were.

Players: Perry, Earnie, Searle.

Loves: City through and through, will not slag anyone off, player or officail.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:24 am

Carl Curtis

Neath

Foreman ( manufacturing Modular Pre Fabricated Buildings )

Fav memory is Boro away in Cup

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:03 pm

jamie curtis

neath

37yrs

in between jobs, looking for a pub.

fav moment- vrs scum faw premier final when my brother done his ankle after we scored.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Name: Andy
Supporter since: around 1987
Fav Players: Carl Dale, Nathan Blake, jason perry
Location Hengoed lived in llanishen for over a year :)

Unable to work due to having an incurable illness (Barratts oesophegus) But my meds are getting on top and fingers crossed after another camera down il be able to get back into work :ayatollah: Ive had a rough 2 years with this terrible affliction, Onwards and upwards !
Last edited by NinianSHEEP on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 pm

RHYS HUGHES

PENARTH via MAGOR now in ROATH lol

DIVORCED 3 KIDS

TAXI DRIVER /RETIRED FOOTBALL HOOLIGAN

SUPPORTED CITY FOR 32 YRS

BANNED 1993-1998 (BEHAVING NOW lol)

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:55 pm

MR.PAGET

BEEN A SWANS FAN SINCE 1981-82 WHERE MY FATHER TOOK ME TO SEE SWANSEA V TOTTENHAM AT THE VETCH [GLENN HODDLE SCORED A PEN,BUT WE WON 2-1],BEEN HOOKED EVER SINCE

IM 37 AND RUN MY OWN KITCHEN FITTER BUSINESS FROM WHERE I LIVE IN LOUGHAR [SWANSEA WEST]

LIVE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND SON WHO'S 6

FAVOURITE EVER SWANS PLAYER WAS LEIGHTON JAMES

FAVOURITE OTHER PLAYER WAS MARK HUGHES

I FOLLOW WALES AT HOME ALWAYS AND SOMETIMES AWAY

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Name: Chris
Supporter since: around 1978
First Game v Blackburn Rovers lost 2-1 :(

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Name: Neil Lewis

First Game: Can't remember exactly, not long after Sam took over. Colchester perhaps? We drew 1-1 with Earnie equalising late on to keep our unbeaten home record for the season if I remember right. Mark Walton was in goal I think and gave me much encouragement to put the gloves back on so cumbersome was he! Remember it lashing down with no roof on the Grange End and being able to run about, do whatever you liked it was so empty! Always wanted to come down the City since a kid, but none of my mates were remotely interested and it just never happened. Had a thing for Everton as a kid, although the futility of my affiliation was evident even then, always saying that if and when the sides met I would want Cardiff to win because they were Welsh. Eventually bumped into a guy who, although a Liverpool fan, came down the City with some family who were mad City fans, hence the game I just briefly described. Hooked there and then, only wish it happened earlier.

Favourite Players: Neville Southall when I was a kid, being a keen goalkeeper in my younger years. Like my one time hero, I now also suffer from a super expanding waistline having given up playing! Danny Gabbidon has probably me the most joy, to see a local boy develop into what in my opinion was potentially as good as anything playing the game. Only dehabillitating injuries and not leaving City earlier prevented that becoming a reality imo. More recently Aaron Ramsey. I had and have no doubt that he will be as good as anyone playing the game and is already one of the best players I've seen with the likes of Giggs, Bergkamp, Klinsmann and Veron amongst others and also Asanovic, yes, Asanovic! Strange name, but true! Saw him play for Croatia against Germany at Old Trafford in 1996 and he was awesome in the flesh, although clearly and quite rightly not renowkned as a world great. Currently I really rate and like McCormack and believe him to be the best player I have seen down the City in my 10 years or so, controversial I know! Ramsey will clearly be miles better, but based on what he did in a City shirt I'd edge with Ross, though a fag paper between all 3 and depends what day you catch me on as to what my answer is!

Pet Hates: Welshmen who follow English clubs. The corporate and financial infestation of sport and football. Despite getting rather involved in financial aspects, I vowed after being oblivious to the ramifications of Sam's reign that I would never be so ignorant again. Turning a blind eye to such things runs the risk of us losing what is so important to me and many others, watching and talking about Cardiff City playing football. Simples.

Favourite memories: Has to be the Leeds game. Has added meaning to me with my Gran being on her death bed for the week previous, eventually passing away Saturday evening. Almost exactly 24 hours later, tears of joy as opposed to those of sorrow were streaming down my face! Only the beauty of sport could have had such a powerful and positive effect in the face of such personal tragedy.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Name: Jon Candy
Supporter since: 2000
First Game: Doncaster 2000 (I think)

Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 pm

David Hughes
age 28
from mountain ash
electrician
supported since about 8
fav players, legg, earnie, kav and rodger
blakes goal against man city

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:02 pm

NAME: PHILIP PERRY
SUPPORTED CITY SINCE 1988
FAV PLAYERS: ANDY LEGG NATHEN BLAKE SCOTT YOUNG
FAV GOAL SEEN: THIS SEASON MATTHEWS GOAL AT WATFORD JUST AHEAD OF BLAKEYS GOAL AGAINST MAN CITY (SORRY BLAKEY) AND JASON FOWLERS GOAL AGAINST BRENTFORD IM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE SEEN JOHN BUCCANAN CRACKER AGAINST THE JACKS LOL
IM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER IN THE CANTON END WHO GOES TO 75% OF AWAY GAMES
I ALSO MISS NINIAN PARK AS OUR ROOTS ARE THERE
DISLIKES:MAN UTD CHELSEA FANS LIVING IN SOUTH WALES (ARMCHAIR GLORY HUNTING FANS)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello All Cardiff City Fans I would like to introduce myself.

My Name is Anthony Garcia and i am a opera singer living in Scotland at the moment. My dream is to be involved with the City and give everything true back to the fans. I would like to personally thank Mr Abraham for his great books because it tells you the truth about the history from the fans point of view.

I was bought up in Caerphilly and watched the City since i was a young lad. My Fav player of all time is Andy Legg Remember the long throws! Best moment in my life was being at the Playoff Final against QPR and it was a second Xmas for me. Hope to speak to you all soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm Aled Williams, aged 18 from Pontypridd (but don't hold it against me)
Been a City fan since 1998, first game was a glamorous home defeat to Macclesfield in April '98
My favourite moment has either got to be the play-off final win or the semi-final win. My first vivid memory of watching City was Mark Delaney's solo goal v. Chester in '99 (I think) when we won 6-0.
My favourite ever player is probably Scott Young closely followed by Andy Legg. Out of the current squad I'd have to say Kevin McNaughton is my favourite.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:56 pm

name: ronald jeremy

been supporting the city from 78-79 its been a real labour of love.

dislikes: the jacks and i mean dislike,souless local glory hunters.lager under 5%,toast without marmite.

likes: people who dont like the jacks,people who dont like glory hunters,lager over 5%,marmite on toast,talking aggressively to cash point machines,tickling my pet rabbits ears.

fav game: facup semi,and final.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Name: Lee Atkinson
Supporter since: 1992
Fav Player:Stant, Blake, Dale, Perry, Earine
Best Ninian Park memory : Blakey Goal and Mark Grew's save Man City '94

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Name's Chris Jones

first game i can remember scunthorpe 1988 (i think) lost 1-0, but my old man used to take me down before that i think.

ST holder in the Canton, with my old man and 8 other mates used to be in the Grange.

born in canton live in fairwater, work as a mortgage advisor for a bank in Aberdare, Bridgend, Port Talbot and Neath.

live with my Mrs of 6 years and lou dog.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:45 am

kodak
Name: Dai Camera
Born:Caerau Ely
Favorite player: Don Murray
Music:The Who
Favorite city supporter: My dad.(sorry Frank)lol

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 am

PAUL
age 47
supporting city -- knee high to a grasshopper
fav players John Buchanan and phil joe dwyer( phil was my solicitor once i got 15 months the tw*t :D )
best games standard leige away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3k14jOjBA / jacks 3-3 comeback home http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpq4GMNuK5I

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:24 am

nathaen lucas
pontnewydd
carl dale/graham kavanaugh
FA CUP FINAL 2008

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:11 pm

Name: Matt Charles
Supporter since: 1987
First Game: Jacks 87 at home