Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Greetings Annis and Bluebirds.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Signed up to the first board and finally signed up to this one as been very busy.

Hopefully can have a bit of footy chat on here and a bit of banter without it turning silly.

Annis is Daya gonna make an appearance?

How are you and the family?

Regards

Neil

Re: Greetings Annis and Bluebirds.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi Maccy,

Where are you, Afghan, Falklands or Cottesmore?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:17 pm

Cottesmore mate.

Did a very short stint in Afghanistan but back now in the UK at home base.

Down in Cardiff for Christmas hoping to see the City Boxing Day. Unbelievably still haven't seen new stadium.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 pm

maccydee wrote:Signed up to the first board and finally signed up to this one as been very busy.

Hopefully can have a bit of footy chat on here and a bit of banter without it turning silly.

Regards

Neil

A/S/L

:lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Hey Rhooster how are you?

Why can't you use Rhooster on here or is it copyrighted to Mike's board?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:47 pm

maccydee wrote:Hey Rhooster how are you?

Why can't you use Rhooster on here or is it copyrighted to Mike's board?

Nah just fancied a change most people were getting to know me by my name anyway.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:23 pm

maccydee wrote:Signed up to the first board and finally signed up to this one as been very busy.

Regards

Neil

Welcome Neil, my old RAF friend.

I promise you this Mb, you can have great debates and different opinions without the snipers.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 pm

New user here!! Hello everyone.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:New user here!! Hello everyone.

Good evening and welcome aboard.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Good to know. Hopefully some good news soon also. First on here.

Anyone banned yet?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:10 pm

maccydee wrote:Good to know. Hopefully some good news soon also. First on here.

Anyone banned yet?

Not too many :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Hopefully this site will attract lots more members. I do like Mike's board but so many idiots on there really make it hard work. I think TVB is getting at the end of his tether with it.

How hard is it to set up something like this and is it costly?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

maccydee wrote:Hopefully this site will attract lots more members. I do like Mike's board but so many idiots on there really make it hard work. I think TVB is getting at the end of his tether with it.

How hard is it to set up something like this and is it costly?

Its hard work but I have a great person called Owain Davies who runs it, we will 110% not let it get like the other mb out of control. Everyone should be allowed their opinions and be able to have debate without key board warriors being brave and insulting them.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Have you got plenty of net space free Annis. If this board kicks off it will be a shame for it to get as slow as Mike's does sometimes.

Fair do's to Owain I wouldn't even know where to begin with doing this. It really does show that there are clever people out there.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 pm

maccydee wrote:Have you got plenty of net space free Annis. If this board kicks off it will be a shame for it to get as slow as Mike's does sometimes.

Fair do's to Owain I wouldn't even know where to begin with doing this. It really does show that there are clever people out there.

The first Forum we started crashed about 2 weeks ago a free webs, so Owain sorted a new one for me which we paid for and will take a few thousand members. This forum has been going 2 weeks This Wed.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:42 pm

maccydee wrote:Have you got plenty of net space free Annis. If this board kicks off it will be a shame for it to get as slow as Mike's does sometimes.

Hopefully it should be fine! I think Mike's board is on the same server as the 'Arsenal Mad' forum, so when that one gets very busy it sometimes affects Mikes. Time will tell I suppose

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 pm

Regards

Neil

Hey mate, welcome aboard! :D 8-)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Greetings. You have now moved over to the dark side 8-)

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:23 pm

The other one is the dark side now with some of the fools on there.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:46 am

:ayatollah:

You still enjoying this forum Maccydee?

I see you are online at the moment :lol:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:52 am

Yeah although don't get on as much as net time limited out here in the Falklands. When I'm nights I get a bit more time to surf.

I'm quite enjoying catching up on the gossip on here tonight. Seems like things are finally moving with the old Malaysians.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 am

maccydee wrote:Yeah although don't get on as much as net time limited out here in the Falklands. When I'm nights I get a bit more time to surf.

I'm quite enjoying catching up on the gossip on here tonight. Seems like things are finally moving with the old Malaysians.

How is the Falklands?

My mate is out there at the moment.

Ye things look ONWARDS and UPWARDS for the BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:57 am

Who is your mate? What section?

It's ok here actually. First 7 weeks have flown but I can't wait to get back to the UK July 2.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:13 am

Lucky u , I was down the Falklands before the Internet was invented and I had to listen to CCFC v Man City FA Cup game on the radio and watch it on MOTD 6 weeks later when the " videos " arrived :lol:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:36 am

Regards

Neil

Hello Neil,
How is life on the other side of the world.
City's future looks good.
Daya havent heard from him for ages.
When you home ?
Regards

Annis

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:43 am

Should be home July 3rd Annis. Hoping to wangle an early flight so that am home for my birthday July 1st but not sure that will work. Oh well could always be worse. I'm happy the City are doing well and have booked the Play off final off just in case.

It's going well actually, weather spot on at the mo altho very shortly. Job's ok. Getting to the gym a lot and am 12 stone 8 now from 13 stone 4 so happy with that. How are you and yours? Baby behaving?

Martyn, that made me sound a bit of a tit talking about the net. We don't realise how lucky we have it here with BFBS fully up and running and net access pretty good. I can text my Mrs and Parents too and even a bluey is something I'm not really using that much as have so much contact back home. My old man always says about World War 2 soldiers writing home then getting a reply back 6 weeks later if they are lucky.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 am

How times change and modern technology moves forward , we got tv from 6 weeks behind the UK via video cassette , no internet , no txts back then and all we had was a £10 fone card to ring home for 5 mins every once in a while . Did u say uve got Sky down south now too ?? :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:01 am

Martyn1963 wrote:How times change and modern technology moves forward , we got tv from 6 weeks behind the UK via video cassette , no internet , no txts back then and all we had was a £10 fone card to ring home for 5 mins every once in a while . Did u say uve got Sky down south now too ?? :ayatollah:

BFBS has 9 channels.

BFBS1 and 2 which are repeated 5 hours later on separate channels.

Kids channel, music channel, Sky Sports 1 and 2 and Sky News.

Cable and Wireless are being paid by UK Government to move in and provide wi-fi and mobile phone capabilities. Wi fi is 100 minutes a week or 30 minutes of phone calls a week. You get a welfare card weekly and can choose what you want. O2 and Vodafone work down here and they provide local Sim cards called Touch which is Cable and Wireless Pay as You go network.

It's all quite good really and easy to stay in touch with the UK.