Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some points in the bag.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:57 am

Good to see you gain 3 points on the weekend, how did your game go overall? How did you feel it went?

So anyway are there any further developments down there in Wales towards your future investors? Sam Hammam is off Skiing this week apparantly so my feelings are that he's not feeling too much pressure at all, certaintly not the actions of a desperate man and one to sign agreements and wipe away 10 Million Pounds.

Having read through parts of this forum so far this morning ( apoligies have not had time to read them all) it does sound like there is a large game of brinkmanship once again going on between Messers Ridsdale & Hammam.

The revelation in one forum post of 30p a share to all shareholders coming forthwith from Vincent Tan no doubt has raised the hackles of Hammam and his Langston Corporation, in one hand they are asking to reduce loans by large figures for quicker settlement , whilst in another the current board members seem to be looking for a fantastic return on their shareholding, and it's not a every day experience making profits on football shares! Hammam dependent on what actual total finance/wealth has in total behind him could well be feeling he has the strongest position of power at present if that really is the current situation and Ridsdale will have his toughest role yet as Chairman to convince Hammam otherwise and I personally think Ridsdales public quotes of " verbal agreement with Sam" have just as much substance as many of his other previous quotes.

Of course this is a simple football forum which is compiled of football chatter and speculation and I would think nobody apart from the Board Directors of Cardiff City and Langston really know what brinkmanship is going on between the parties and who really has the most strength of position.

Anyway back to the grass and the ball, how was Paul Parry on his return? players these days never know what to expect on a return to their former club, some come back as hero's and others villians what was Parry this weekend as there seemed to be a mixed reaction to him on this forum last week prior to his return.

West Brom will be tough one for you on Tuesday for sure, are you still having a demo outside Messer Peace's home? I do think it's disgraceful how football supporters are blocked from going to football matches just so Clubs can make it easier for themselves, a travelling Welsh Army for an evening game is the last thing you need getting behind an away team!

Re: Some points in the bag.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 am

I agree with you, and whilst hopeful of some progress, I still feel there is lot's more negotiating to take place before anyone moves.

Why would Sam/Langstones sign away so much money when they have a guarantee that by 2016 they will get it all back plus interest.

Personally I would like to see Sam being offered some representation on the new board in exchange for his reduction of the loan,at least that way he wont be the only one that loses out, because at this rate everyone appears to be gaining off his back.

As for the skiing, I know Sam loves it, but I can't think of anyone less likely skiing down snowy mountains, he's mad enough behind the wheel of a car let alone speeding down mountainsides on two planks of wood.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

TNT wrote:Good to see you gain 3 points on the weekend, how did your game go overall? How did you feel it went?

So anyway are there any further developments down there in Wales towards your future investors? Sam Hammam is off Skiing this week apparantly so my feelings are that he's not feeling too much pressure at all, certaintly not the actions of a desperate man and one to sign agreements and wipe away 10 Million Pounds.

Having read through parts of this forum so far this morning ( apoligies have not had time to read them all) it does sound like there is a large game of brinkmanship once again going on between Messers Ridsdale & Hammam.

The revelation in one forum post of 30p a share to all shareholders coming forthwith from Vincent Tan no doubt has raised the hackles of Hammam and his Langston Corporation, in one hand they are asking to reduce loans by large figures for quicker settlement , whilst in another the current board members seem to be looking for a fantastic return on their shareholding, and it's not a every day experience making profits on football shares! Hammam dependent on what actual total finance/wealth has in total behind him could well be feeling he has the strongest position of power at present if that really is the current situation and Ridsdale will have his toughest role yet as Chairman to convince Hammam otherwise and I personally think Ridsdales public quotes of " verbal agreement with Sam" have just as much substance as many of his other previous quotes.

Of course this is a simple football forum which is compiled of football chatter and speculation and I would think nobody apart from the Board Directors of Cardiff City and Langston really know what brinkmanship is going on between the parties and who really has the most strength of position.

Anyway back to the grass and the ball, how was Paul Parry on his return? players these days never know what to expect on a return to their former club, some come back as hero's and others villians what was Parry this weekend as there seemed to be a mixed reaction to him on this forum last week prior to his return.

West Brom will be tough one for you on Tuesday for sure, are you still having a demo outside Messer Peace's home? I do think it's disgraceful how football supporters are blocked from going to football matches just so Clubs can make it easier for themselves, a travelling Welsh Army for an evening game is the last thing you need getting behind an away team!

Hello TNT,
We have missed your threads,
Really glad you got 3 pts.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TNT wrote:Good to see you gain 3 points on the weekend, how did your game go overall? How did you feel it went?

Hello TNT,

Hope Sam doesn't have an accident before the forms are signed, I can't imagine him flying down the slopes at 30 mile per hour ?????

Take it easy Sam and PLEASE sign those forms asap.............

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Hello TNT,

Annis, hes not going to fall for that one. Lol.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:55 pm

I'm having a Homer moment, who does TNT support? :? :lol:

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Blue Since '92 wrote:I'm having a Homer moment, who does TNT support? :? :lol:

The clue is in the name I presume 8-)

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Well no one is 100% but the favourites are Bradford City.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Well no one is 100% but the favourites are Bradford City.

Here he is