Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHRIS BURKE

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:18 am

I rate him very highly and think if we are to make the play offs we will def need to keep him.
Now this is not Our Clubs fault for once lol, but Burke has asked and got his agent to look up north to see if there are any Clubs interested in him. He is in the middle of a nasty Divorce and never sees his children as they are in Scotland. Feel for him.

Re: CHRIS BURKE

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:28 am

Sums up our luck! one of our very best players!! ffs

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:30 am

I really hope that isn't the case Annis.

Chris Burke has been my player of the season and is the first 'proper' winger we have had in years - He actually takes on players and beats them and has a box of tricks in his locker - Something that's been alien to the majority of our wingers in the recent past.

He also appears to be a genuine bloke and is 100% commited on the field.

I hope we keep him, and that he finds a way to be a part of his kids life going forward..... I think his ex-missus sounds like the problem and not the extra couple of hundred miles.....

Peter

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 am

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:I really hope that isn't the case Annis.

Chris Burke has been my player of the season and is the first 'proper' winger we have had in years - He actually takes on players and beats them and has a box of tricks in his locker - Something that's been alien to the majority of our wingers in the recent past.

He also appears to be a genuine bloke and is 100% commited on the field.

I hope we keep him, and that he finds a way to be a part of his kids life going forward..... I think his ex-missus sounds like the problem and not the extra couple of hundred miles.....

Peter

Have to agree, definitely my favourite player this season. Even when the whole team seem to have given up he always gives 100%. Great little player

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 am

Aren't there daily flights from Cardiff to Edinborough? :?:

If he has to go I would like to think the club wouldn't accept no less than £2 million for him. Not many out there who could replace him mind.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 am

city_85 wrote:Aren't there daily flights from Cardiff to Edinborough? :?:

If he has to go I would like to think the club wouldn't accept no less than £2 million for him. Not many out there who could replace him mind.

On this one the Club are reluctant to let him go, my favourite player so far this season, but family comes first.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:37 am

Family does come first however it doesn't mean we should be held to ransom. Hope that clubs don't use his personal situation to engineer a move on the cheap.

Perhaps a swap with Gary O'Neil at Boro would be an acceptable deal? Can't see any of the Scotish clubs having the funds to aquire his services.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:07 am

Midfield general wrote:I've been really impressed and he gives the team another option. I do wonder why he wasn't given more of chance at the end of last season..?

The club have had plenty of notice about this and it would really disappoint me if they haven't already got someone lined up as a replacement.

Routledge ?

I hope Burke stays, he's done really well for us. But if he does go, I'd love to see Routledge back. he's pure class.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Burke has been outstanding for us this season, hope he doesn't go but i do feel for him with regards to his children.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:52 pm

I cant see the club accepting anything under £3 million for him tbh
hope he stays, best player of the season so far for us

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:58 pm

He did mention it on GTFM a couple of months back, that his ex-bitch of a missus woudln't let his little boy come down here to visit him.
Therefore he has to go up there during international breaks, hence why he don't play for Scotland.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:22 pm

Ross Young wrote:He did mention it on GTFM a couple of months back, that his ex-bitch of a missus woudln't let his little boy come down here to visit him.
Therefore he has to go up there during international breaks, hence why he don't play for Scotland.

we cant blame him.Family is what we work for.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:
Ross Young wrote:He did mention it on GTFM a couple of months back, that his ex-bitch of a missus woudln't let his little boy come down here to visit him.

we cant blame him.Family is what we work for.

Exactly, we can all understand why he'd want to leave.
He seems the type of guy that would take a 50% wage cut so he could be close to his lad. Well, we all would, wouldn't we?